So I'm playing as an archer when…

• I normally do decent as an archer very little friendly fire and usually average about a 1.8+. But recently I can barely do anything because a lot of people in pubs now a days apparently like to grief the archers but either tking or hitting (not kicking) them as they run past them. Happens very often to me, idk about anyone else. FF needs to start being something that has negative consequences to it. I know sometimes tk’s and hits are accidental but these aren’t. I try to get them kicked but usually ends up in not happening. Am I the only one who has this happen to them?

• Shoot them. Shoot them 12 times for every 1 time they hit you running past.

• @dudeface:

Shoot them. Shoot them 12 times for every 1 time they hit you running past.

Rofl, I’m not going to lie. Usually when what is described in this thread happens, this is exactly what I do…the rest of the game. I aim specifically for that person every single time.

• As a knight, I’ll often kick friendly archers as I run by. You have to keep the peasantry in their place.

• I have no clue what you’re talking about, I’m usually close enough to the enemy so if a friendly even tries to attack me an enemy will be there to save the day for me. I main archer but I still kick campers off cliffs and walls and shit, camping doesn’t belong in this game and most of the time it’s not effective either.

• Post by Deity » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 am

I normally do decent as an archer very little friendly fire and usually average about a 1.8+. But recently I can barely do anything because a lot of people in pubs now a days apparently like to grief the archers but either tking or hitting (not kicking) them as they run past them. Happens very often to me, idk about anyone else. FF needs to start being something that has negative consequences to it. I know sometimes tk’s and hits are accidental but these aren’t. I try to get them kicked but usually ends up in not happening. Am I the only one who has this happen to them?

Are you really expecting the pub 32 to 50 slot players to actually respect or like archers?
    by example the endless times just before spawning in base as game starts often I see archers looking around and sticking an arrow in a team mate just as game starts , then scurrying away.

I have also seen archers spawn in base and fire at team mates as they spawn and run into fight.
    lets not even mention the amount of archers that do not actually come out of spawn but camp/snipe
    into the players, regardless of hitting a team mate just to gain a kill.

now they are running about with knifes constantly back stabbing, frontal attacks with just spam spam
    stab no bow needed. Then we have catapults, and those nasty spears also.

can you imagine how many dueling knights or other classes have watched an archer simply walk up
    behind there opponent and then shoot them? Archers that hide on maps were they can’t even be seen,

The very concept that you actually expect players on pubs to respect you in some way is very amusing.
    I posted a long time ago about the archers numbers needing a limit on pubs. Even at a server were I play with a limit of 4 or 5 I always seem to get more then my fair share of deaths from them, as same team or enemy.
    I don’t hate or dislike archers just informing you of why they get the treatment they do on pubs.
    surely the benefits out playing archers are worth it? ;)

• @Goregasm:

@dudeface:

Shoot them. Shoot them 12 times for every 1 time they hit you running past.

Rofl, I’m not going to lie. Usually when what is described in this thread happens, this is exactly what I do…the rest of the game. I aim specifically for that person every single time.

The best part of the customization update is how much easier it now is to pick out your villainous teammates in a crowd and shoot them at crucial moments.

• I have a magic button which stops all this behaviour.

• @Deity:

But recently I can barely do anything because a lot of people in pubs now a days apparently like to grief the archers but either tking or hitting (not kicking) them as they run past them.

Ah, what’s a little love-tap now and then, eh? Archers are getting too sensitive these days.

• @lemonater47:

I have a magic button which stops all this behaviour.

Are you drunk lemon? Lol congrats to you, your an admin for Aussie servers…BUT guess what most of the people who play this game are not admins…so try to stay on topic instead of bragging about being an admin for the servers you play on…

• Just as something interesting about archery check out this guy - Lars Andersen - on youtube or somthin.

He’s proved that you can fire arrows at the incredible rate some of the old books said was possible - like the 1300c book on Saracen Archery claimed.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpgmagirlscouts.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F10%2Fsaracen_archery.pdf&ei=EVqPUt_aN4O0hAeb2YDYBg&usg=AFQjCNEKbQT870TXgHw8f8w10TQ5EeMs8w

“…one test required, at a 60-bow distance, to shoot three arrows so quickly that the last shall be in the air before the first has hit - That is three arrows in one-and-a-half seconds”

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/lars-andersen-artist-historian-and-amazing-archer/

… or some stories told buy Native Americans - being able to shoot 10 arrows in the air before the first one lands etc…

Andersen holds multiple arrows in his hand (left or right) and has perfected shooting from many different positions without a fixed draw length using a three-finger grip.

He shoots more than 1 arrow at a time sometimes, and hits multiple targets with those!! ha!

Just thought, for those who dislike archers now, this was something to consider. :)

• @DaciaJC:

@Deity:

But recently I can barely do anything because a lot of people in pubs now a days apparently like to grief the archers but either tking or hitting (not kicking) them as they run past them.

Ah, what’s a little love-tap now and then, eh? Archers are getting too sensitive these days.

I can handle a simple kick for the lulz but not when people go out of their way just to hit me and wait until my hp regens to do it again and again.

• @Sir_Henric:

@lemonater47:

I have a magic button which stops all this behaviour.

Are you drunk lemon? Lol congrats to you, your an admin for Aussie servers…BUT guess what most of the people who play this game are not admins…so try to stay on topic instead of bragging about being an admin for the servers you play on…

Well someone’s jealous.

I don’t use this magic button just for me. Usually I use it to stop other people trying to teamkill each other, abuse and other things.

The official mod group sorta works. Better than it used to work anyway. Though they are pretty bloody soft.

• @Philoninternet:

As a knight, I’ll often kick friendly archers as I run by. You have to keep the peasantry in their place.

HAHAHAHAH. good one. ill use that line next time i go into a server and kick a peasan, er, archer…last night, i was on a TO map as Mason knight defending the ballista, and a “friendly” archer stabbed me, for no reason. he proceded to perch herself like a pretty little dainty butterfly on the edge overlooking the walls. well, i walked over and kicked him off the wall, as i xx2. 'twas fun, m’lord…

• I do see this on servers from time to time. On the SM servers if I catch anyone booting an archer on their own team (without a good reason e.g. if they’re blocking a doorway). I tend to just kick them from the server for a couple of minutes.

intentional team damage is still intentional team damage (even if it’s against archers :P)