A slight nerf to the halberd

• I love that pike. I don’t want to see it burned to the ground (which is likely at this rate).

So I propose, give it blue tracers, just at the end of its stabs. The trouble is, just at the moment if that tiny spike after the head pokes you, its full red damage, and many people don’t manage to block it, but if some blue tracers got stuck just at the end. This makes sense from a damage perceptive, and would hopefully be a nerf so that its speed (which is already too slow to combo a stunned opponent) is untouched.

Thoughts?

EDIT: wow I’m tired. ok, ill make this look nicer in a bit, sorry guys.

• As a knight halberd main, I agree with you. I think it could use what you suggest, but I think it should wait for all the other spear nerfs as well.

• A harbered is not a pike.

A pike is not a halberd.

A halberd is not OP.

• I agree I’ve noticed you still get the red tracers when it should be blue/green.

• Stabs are not supposed to have blue tracers. The end of the stab is supposed to be red. The beggining green.

• Lemon, including the tip? that little poke does max damage? My point that I didn’t explain properly was AFTER the red, have a tiny bit of blue.

At the moment, it pauses for a second, not moving but full red tracers…

• @dragonmith:

Lemon, including the tip? that little poke does max damage? My point that I didn’t explain properly was AFTER the red, have a tiny bit of blue.

At the moment, it pauses for a second, not moving but full red tracers…

That’s just the way the animation looks. Its not OP or anything. Naginata is a better weapon in my opinion.

• All stabs start with green tracers and continue to red tracers at full extend. They never reach or start with blue tracers, the actually even start at 65% damage.

To be honest the stab with this weapon is the last problem, personally I don’t even think it is a problem, never felt the damage was too much or something. The problem with this weapon and other super long weapons is that it is way too easy to dodge but still hit enemy with LMB. This only includes weapons with a valid slash damage naturally, I have no problem with sarrisa or spear slashes.

• I feel like it is not the weapon itself that is op but the animations. The truth is that there are many occasions where the animations desync a little in combos. This is a problem with all the spear/pole-arms it just so happens the halberd hits like a mac truck (giving the sense of opness). While people may argue over whether it is op or not. I think this is where the “op” argument comes from. Seriously, God forbid someone with a triple digit ping use that weapon. It’s more frustrating than herding cats!

• The halberd is OP, I can tell you firsthand.
    http://i.imgur.com/GAJKCq5.jpg

Sucks because in DW you are either pissed off because you’re playing a shitty weapon or bored because you’re using an OP one.

• @Stinker:

The halberd is OP, I can tell you firsthand.
    http://i.imgur.com/GAJKCq5.jpg

That is hilarious.

• Glad I figured out that you were talking DW and not MW. Because the halberd in MW has been nerfed to almost irrelevance and is in need of a slight damage buff. That said, I dunno about it is DW, only played beta a few times. Shit I feel like Lemon posting irrelevant shit. Sorry.

• @Retsnom:

Glad I figured out that you were talking DW and not MW. Because the halberd in MW has been nerfed to almost irrelevance and is in need of a slight damage buff. That said, I dunno about it is DW, only played beta a few times. Shit I feel like Lemon posting irrelevant shit. Sorry.

Don’t worry everyone does it.

• @Retsnom:

Glad I figured out that you were talking DW and not MW. Because the halberd in MW has been nerfed to almost irrelevance and is in need of a slight damage buff. That said, I dunno about it is DW, only played beta a few times. Shit I feel like Lemon posting irrelevant shit. Sorry.

I use the halberd in MW quite a lot and I think it’s just fine as it is, no need for buffs. But in DW, with the new playstyle, and the fact that halberd is actually just an improved spear with valid slashes and overheads, it feels a bit too powerful. It doesn’t seem fair to carry over stats over from one game to another, despite them being quite different, if that is what halberd is. In DW longer slash weapons are even more powerful than they would ever be in MW.

• @Retsnom:

i’m going to have to go ahead and disagree with you here, halberd is hardly irrelevant and does not need a damage buff. It’'s a very powerful weapon and i think there are certain people that would take great humor in reading this.

• Well I did post it in the Deadliest Warrior forum Retsnom :P

Basically, I don’t want the halberd nerfed into oblivion. That’s all I want.