Ranged Combat Suggestion

• I think the hordes of moving missile shooting people is a bit silly, I would like to suggest some really basic changes to how dedicated missile weapons work.

Yumi

Making the yumi unable to be fired while you move.
    Make the yumi unable to be held, so that you fire the arrow after the draw is complete
    +
    Yumi Arrows should fire straighter
    Arrows should do a bit more damage, I think it takes up to 4 good chest shots to kill someone currently.

Crossbow

Making the crossbow much less accurate when moving.
    Longer to reload, basically the speed of the heavy crossbow from MW
    +
    Let the crossbow missile drop be a bit less
    Let the crossbow be a bit faster to aim

Pistol

Making the pistol unable to reload while moving
    Making the pistol much more inaccurate while moving to fire
    Making the pistol slightly less accurate in general at long range
    Making it much more inaccurate in hip fire
    +
    Increase pistol damage
    Decrease amount blocked by shield

Blunderbuss

Making the blunderbuss unable to reload while moving
    Making the blunderbuss londer to reload
    +
    insted of having the first pellet do 45 base damage, let all the pellets do 15 damage, but let shields reduce it a lot.

All throwing weapons

If possible i think that thrown weapon damage should somewhat depend on how fast you are moving, so that throwing a javelin does more damage if you are sprinting than if you are standing still.

What I think this will mean if this was done, would be that the different missile weapons would be useful in different circumstances all together.

The blunderbuss would be a good weapon against ninjas and samurai, but not very effective against spartans knights and vikings. While the pistol would be good as against shield warriors but not as good against fast moving ninja.

Firing the yumi would take a lot more skill, it would be a good weapon with increased damage and accuracy at range, but having to stand still means you can’t use it in close combat against charging people.

While the crossbow would be an assault missile weapon quick to aim and fire, but slow to reload with fighting going on around you.

Generally, missile troops would need to be screened as they can’t move any longer. Making the missile weapon a better support weapon, but a less annoying opener/universal herass weapon.

I wish I could make a mutator to try this out, but I do think that this would make ranged combat a lot more fun and skillful.

• I really find all these to be unncessary changes. The Yumi’s mobillity is not in question, nor does it need to be stronger etc.

• @Sol:

I really find all these to be unncessary changes. The Yumi’s mobillity is not in question, nor does it need to be stronger etc.

I have to agree these changes are mostly unnecessary. Especially all the movement related ones. Just making it less fun and less realistic. If they wanted it to be super realistic you should be able to reload both guns while sprinting just at a slower speed. Reload crossbows while walking and fire the yumi while sprinting. How it is now is good for gameplay. Even inaccuracy while firing is good right now. Any more inaccuracy and it would be like COD sniper or LMG bullets coming out of the barrel at 50 degree angles when you hip fire.

And usually the yumi depending on the class kills in 2-5 chest hits. 2 for ninja 3 for pirate and spartan Viking is either 3 or 4 haven’t really tested samurai is 4 and knight might take 5 once again I haven’t tested. I’ve been shot lots. Only real way to test is to find an AFK knight.

• Sol you don’t question it, nor most things, however there is a thread about the yumi up already, so clearly there are some people who things it isn’t perfect.

@lemonater47:

I have to agree these changes are mostly unnecessary. Especially all the movement related ones. Just making it less fun and less realistic. If they wanted it to be super realistic you should be able to reload both guns while sprinting just at a slower speed. Reload crossbows while walking and fire the yumi while sprinting. How it is now is good for gameplay. Even inaccuracy while firing is good right now. Any more inaccuracy and it would be like COD sniper or LMG bullets coming out of the barrel at 50 degree angles when you hip fire.

And usually the yumi depending on the class kills in 2-5 chest hits. 2 for ninja 3 for pirate and spartan Viking is either 3 or 4 haven’t really tested samurai is 4 and knight might take 5 once again I haven’t tested. I’ve been shot lots. Only real way to test is to find an AFK knight.

Okay so many claims lemon, but since you mention realism. Okay, a longbow cannot be fired on the while moving, not a european nor a japanese daikyu. When you fire a powerful bow, you usually use your bags and your legs to take a lot of the weights of the string so to speak. That’s very difficult if you are using them both.

And the crossbow, I don’t know if you think that the metal bit on the front if a fancy metal flat thingy for decoration, but I will let you in on a secret: It’s not. It’s for stepping on, as in, with your foot. so that you can pull the string back with both hands. That is how you are suppose to reload the crossbow spesifically depicted ingame.

I am not saying it has to be super realistic, but if you want to play “that’s not realistic” perhaps you should atleast look up what the components of the thing you claim to be realistic actually does.

I did not ask for less spread on the yumi or crossbow, merely less drop, you can throw javelins as far as you can shoot a bow, i think that’s silly.

Also you’re crazy if you think it will be like call of duty, with those entire 10 arrows or 5 bolts.

• Petty, but I lol at this:

“Only real way to test is to find an AFK knight.”

I’d help if you asked nicely:(

• @KittyKitsune:

Okay so many claims lemon, but since you mention realism. Okay, a longbow cannot be fired on the while moving, not a european nor a japanese daikyu. When you fire a powerful bow, you usually use your bags and your legs to take a lot of the weights of the string so to speak. That’s very difficult if you are using them both.

As someone who’s been practicing archery since I was 5 years old, I have no idea what you’re talking about. Using your legs/bags to take the weight of the string? Exactly how does that work, because this is something I’ve never done, heard of, or can even picture. Shooting on the move isn’t the easiest thing, because you have to strongly cant the bow and fire from an unstable stance, but it’s certainly possible, especially at the speed DW forces you to move at with a drawn arrow.

Honestly, I hate pretty much every one of these suggestions. If the yumi fired as soon as the arrow was drawn back, it would be not only unrealistic, but almost useless. The crossbow really doesn’t need a slower reload, it already makes you incredibly vulnerable and the crossbow’s damage isn’t unreasonable. The guns are already fairly weak (some have even said too weak), so they definitely don’t need another nerf. Pretty much the only thing that I like is the javelin’s damage scaling with movement speed, this is realistic and provides an interesting trade off between accuracy and power.

• Or how about we all just say “fuck realism” because it doesn’t apply to this game nor does it apply to the previous game.

Yumi is fine, deal with it.
    You’re a samurai with a nice set of weapons to choose from.

Crossbow is bullshit because of who uses it.
    You’re actually buffing it for no reason.

Guns are bullshit and are unfortunately an integral part of a pirate.
    Pistols do lots of damage already.
    Blundershits are supposed to be like an alternate rum bomb. Your changes wouldn’t help that.

Fuck it, every single change on this list will encourage firing squads.
    Even Lemon is sick of those.

• @KittyKitsune:

Sol you don’t question it, nor most things, however there is a thread about the yumi up already, so clearly there are some people who things it isn’t perfect.

@lemonater47:

And the crossbow, I don’t know if you think that the metal bit on the front if a fancy metal flat thingy for decoration, but I will let you in on a secret: It’s not. It’s for stepping on, as in, with your foot. so that you can pull the string back with both hands. That is how you are suppose to reload the crossbow spesifically depicted ingame.

I am not saying it has to be super realistic, but if you want to play “that’s not realistic” perhaps you should atleast look up what the components of the thing you claim to be realistic actually does.

I did not ask for less spread on the yumi or crossbow, merely less drop, you can throw javelins as far as you can shoot a bow, i think that’s silly.

Also you’re crazy if you think it will be like call of duty, with those entire 10 arrows or 5 bolts.

You can run and fire a bow try it yourself. Its difficult to aim and draw but you can still do it.
    Reloading a crossbow while moving works to. Just press it against your chest. If you do it wrong you smash it against your face and it is slower than using your foot.

But like OMG said. FUCK REALISM. Its more or less fine as it is.

• You’re just making the weapons less fun to use.

• I don’t mean to be rude nor offensive when I say this, though I feel like the original poster is kinda just throwing out ideas absence thoughts how this might completely change the way ranged weapon works, and out of experience how ranged weapon works now, I could only imagine the results of these changes, but I’m claiming I’m hundred percent certain of how it will affect this.

Taking away the mobility for a bow user, you basically weakens them for weapons that hits way harder, so that would be a bad idea for example.

Some ideas were alright though