HTB, no points for holding the banner?

• You don’t get any points for holding it. So you can hold it for a minute or two and be on the bottom of the scoreboard. It doesn’t do much damage as a weapon though you can kil people with the banner.

But I think you should get 200 points for grabbing it. I was thinking 100 but kills are 100 and kills are easy to get. Easier to get than grabbing the banner anyway.

You should also get 25 points for every 10 seconds you hold the flag. Not the whole team but just te guy carrying it. So that’s 150 points a minute. 750 points if you hold it for the whole 5 minutes but that’s unlikely. Still I think that’s a good amount of points to still compete with other players on the team plus the assists you get and the occasional kills you get help keep you up there. And you want have the flag forever anyway.

200 points for grabbing the banner and 25 points every 10 seconds is the perfect amount of points. No too many points so you are in instant 1st place for the whole match. But not too little to sit at the bottom of the scoreboard.

Actually for plant the banner the 200 points for grabbing the banner would be good. Not the 25 points every ten seconds though. Maybe only 100 points for grabbing it in PTB as you get like 500 points for capping the banner.

You gotta do something. Many people don’t actually want the banner. I’ve seen people F10, blow themselves up with the cannons or jump down the hole on acropolis as they didn’t want the banner. Though jumping down the hole on acropolis is hilarious as if the enemy is chasing you and here are no team mates around to take the banner if you die you just jump down the hole and it reset somewhere else out of the enemies reach. And half the enemy team follows you down the hole.

• Yes for the love of god please. I’m always ending up the one with the banner and it frustrates me to no end to see that my contribution goes unfounded.

Periodic points for say ever 5/10 seconds you hold the flag.

• I don’t think bonus points for grabbing the banner is a good idea. For killing enemy bannerholder maybe but not for grabbing it, especially with the ability to drop it included.

Points for holding the banner makes so much sense that I am so surprised that it was not in-game since the hold the banner mode release.

I also feel that a small bonus should be awarded for kills with the banner. Mainly for the fact that the banner deals like no damage.

• @Martys:

I don’t think bonus points for grabbing the banner is a good idea. For killing enemy bannerholder maybe but not for grabbing it, especially with the ability to drop it included.

Points for holding the banner makes so much sense that I am so surprised that it was not in-game since the hold the banner mode release.

I also feel that a small bonus should be awarded for kills with the banner. Mainly for the fact that the banner deals like no damage.

You can drop it?

• @lemonater47:

@Martys:

I don’t think bonus points for grabbing the banner is a good idea. For killing enemy bannerholder maybe but not for grabbing it, especially with the ability to drop it included.

You can drop it?

G

• @Sol:

@lemonater47:

@Martys:

You can drop it?

G

Oh yeah. You can drop torches with it in MW. Forgot about that.

Still they can just program in something that means you can’t just drop it and pick it up again and get points. Say you have to wait for an enemy to pick to up first.

• C’mon please TB, this one should be easy. If you hold the banner you should get points, simple as this. Make it an incentive for people to stop fighting side battles and go for the damn objective. Please.

• It’s kind of a no brainer. Pretty much every game with an xp system like this rewards the player for carrying out the objective.
    I just hope it won’t encourage stupid people to kill the carrier to rack up some easy points, or something.

• A lot of shit TBS does and screws up would be considered a “no brainer,” empirically pointing to the fact TBS must have the combined strength of less than no brain…

• Shut up or I’ll trap you in a collision bubble and nerf your ass. Oh wait.