POLL: So you did DW are you back to MW?

• I go back and forth between the two. There are moments in DW you just get in MW. And there’s a greater team spirit and more teamwork in pub games than there is in MW even without TO.

• I switch between the two, but when I tried playing MW today there were some horrid new bugs like everyone’s ping randomly shot up to 150+ in a 40 ping official 24p central TO server, and then defending team stopped respawning, yet we could all chat normally. The lack of real archers in DW is nice, it felt pretty boring going back to MW and having to deal with them again. But the better combat in MW will make the game last longer. DW is more of something that’ll stop being fun once everyone “gets good” at the game, but MW will always be fun because of it.

• Tried DW a decent bit. Doesn’t feel nearly as polished and fun, and a slashfest as has been said before. Went back to CMW, much more enjoyable and refined, although I didn’t miss panic parry being gone, and the poleharm handle tracers not hitting you instantly like in DW. Even so, not playing CMW nearly as much as I used to, just hoping they stick to their word that now that CDW has been releasd they’ll address some of the resounding issues of CMW.

• @SOC:

I switch between the two, but when I tried playing MW today there were some horrid new bugs like everyone’s ping randomly shot up to 150+ in a 40 ping official 24p central TO server, and then defending team stopped respawning, yet we could all chat normally. The lack of real archers in DW is nice, it felt pretty boring going back to MW and having to deal with them again. But the better combat in MW will make the game last longer. DW is more of something that’ll stop being fun once everyone “gets good” at the game, but MW will always be fun because of it.

New bug? That’s been happening a while. Everyone’s ping will shoot up to 150-200 for a few minutes.

If it goes above that servers gonna die. Pings spike to 400 each. Servers usually crashes.

But yeah many people aren’t that great at DW 70% of players will walk Into your spear either winding up for an attack or doing nothing for example. So you can get a lot of easy kills with the sarrisa and maybe 1-2 proper fights with someone. And everyone’s just overly aggressive. The conservative player usually wins.

SOW is probably the easiest weapon to drag in DW. Probably cos we are used to the animations. Though the accidental new parry animation for it is horrible.

DW isn’t really much of a challenge. Though I like the teamwork and the team challenges. Non existent in pub MW games but in pub DW games teamwork is in every LTS or banner game.

• That DW is a good game really, the problem is most gamers today treat a game like its an item of clothing
    ,expect to wear it every day continuously until it becomes nothing of interest when dressing anymore.
    I have not played DW for a few weeks. Even chivalry was just as good when I returned after 4 months.
    Would you watch a dvd boxset again and again for months? until you could not even stand the site of it again. Try to get other interests or games you can play in between. First person off course :)

• @loin:

That DW is a good game really, the problem is most gamers today treat a game like its an item of clothing
    ,expect to wear it every day continuously until it becomes nothing of interest when dressing anymore.
    I have not played DW for a few weeks. Even chivalry was just as good when I returned after 4 months.
    Would you watch a dvd boxset again and again for months? until you could not even stand the site of it again. Try to get other interests or games you can play in between. First person off course :)

Ahh but then you’re a casual. And when has anyone said anything nice about casuals.

• I will toggle back and forth in periods, because I think both games are fun. I’m currently playing DW more, because I like the speed. There is nothing like a good Ninja vs Ninja in that game. ^^

• I’m currently playing MW, after quite a long play of DW a week back. I like them both, each has different strengths. Right now I like MW for its simple nature, just four class that you know how to counter and that have large arsenal for their needs. In DW you have more classes and they all more or less have the same weapons just looking a bit differently. But I might later go back to DW and enjoy some fast paced fights with a lot of heads popping.

Oh yeah, and MW has the good old longsword, what a beauty.

• sticking to cmw as i dont support work that takes away from a severly unfinished base game, expecially since all of cmw’s problems will just transfer over to dw, also no TO maps wasnt a smart move either.

hopefully both games are fixed at some point preferebly cmw first since thats what should of happened anyway and its literally in horrible shape with the bugs that still arent fixed, ranks and unlocks etc etc etc

• @lemonater47:

DW isn’t really much of a challenge. Though I like the teamwork and the team challenges. Non existent in pub MW games but in pub DW games teamwork is in every LTS or banner game.

Actually, I find DW to be much less teamwork based than MW and is why I have more fun with it currently while everyone’s still bad at the game. I hate teamwork, and I hate how the recent patches of MW (well, “the patch”) pushed it towards requiring more teamwork. I feel like DW is a great game to solo pub in at the moment, and the faster health regeneration makes it feel very good for it. If you want teamwork, just go play LoL. Keep it out of Chivalry pubs. :(

• A friend lent me his steam account to try out DW a couple of weeks ago. I played it for somewhere between 20-25 hours, and then decided I’ll be back to MW.

DW just feels like a game I’d play to pass time, and isn’t exactly as compelling as MW. I didn’t try out everything in DW, but neither did I feel the need to. It feels crude, unaccurate, and I thought some classes were a bit redundant in the way they played or looked.
    So, yap. CM is still the way to go for me.

• I like them both for different reasons. DW is a slash fest, but it’s fun and I do get a team feeling I VERY rarely get on MW.

I’ll switch back and forth depending if I want to have casual fun throwing frisbees at ninjas and pirates, or play a bit more seriously.

• @SOC:

@lemonater47:

Actually, I find DW to be much less teamwork based than MW and is why I have more fun with it currently while everyone’s still bad at the game. I hate teamwork, and I hate how the recent patches of MW (well, “the patch”) pushed it towards requiring more teamwork. I feel like DW is a great game to solo pub in at the moment, and the faster health regeneration makes it feel very good for it. If you want teamwork, just go play LoL. Keep it out of Chivalry pubs. :(

this. the only reason i play dw when i play it. it’s an absolutely mindless slash and throw fest, but it pushes solo pub play a little better.

• I was in the Beta for DW and couldn’t even bring myself to buy it. Run, slash, run, slash, run, slash RUN, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH, RUN… killed by a wall of pirate gunfire…

So I’m back, but I never really left (but I did play it).

• There was some interest in DW in the clan and we did run a test server for it. Some members are asking about running a 50 slot DW server alongside our two 50 slot MW servers, however at the moment I think most of the SM clan are sticking to MW (and hoping for more TO maps from the steam workshop in the near future)

• I am not just a casual! 640 hours 8-)
    Thinking of pirates in DW, would the not make a better ctf game if all were pirates with guns ?

• @WARSAW:

sticking to cmw as i dont support work that takes away from a severly unfinished base game, expecially since all of cmw’s problems will just transfer over to dw, also no TO maps wasnt a smart move either.

hopefully both games are fixed at some point preferebly cmw first since thats what should of happened anyway and its literally in horrible shape with the bugs that still arent fixed, ranks and unlocks etc etc etc

+99
    So much truth in this post.
    CMW still has many bugs, still is not well optimized, still has no official driver support. :o :? :(

• Tried DW for 2 weeks, but i’m back to CMW
    CMW has way better combat sistem.
    DW is just a spamfest of randomness.

• Only people who can’t handle the speed of DW call it a random spamfest.
    I’m likely going to stick with DW for a while, or at least toggle between the games.

• DW was exactly what I expected.
    A terrible mishmash with no central focus for a quick buck.
    C:MW is leaps and bounds better.