Votekick Issues?

• I’m a little surprised the votekick-from-scoreboard functionality that’s been in CMW for so long didn’t make the transition to DW. I’m finding that to be problematic when you run across people who use non-latin characters in their names. I certainly don’t know all the ALT+numpad codes, so when people like these are misbehaving, it’s exceptionally difficult to votekick them, and they just end up running rampant.

Not to mention when someone with, say, a name written in Chinese, or Cyrillic, pops into a server with 300+ ping and starts wrecking people just because nobody can see them move until it’s too late, or they just lag-teleport, it can be difficult to votekick them for exploiting.

I’d definitely like to see the scoreboard votekick option come back.

• A blessing in disguise. I rarely see the votekick function being used in CDW… and a lot of “How do I votekick?”

I can’t go a round in CMW without someone trying to kick someone for something. Keep votekicking in the hands of those who can look up a simple console command… which is everyone who puts in even the slightest effort to find out.

Also, open console, type votekick. List appears, votekick # of the Cyrillic/Latin/Chinese name and confirm.

• i’d say mw was actually better when only people who actually knew how to use the console could votekick.

but, to respond realistically, i’m sure an easy version of the votekick will make an appearance; i think this is a very small issue (considering other major things that are missing/bugged from rushed release.)

• @Gauntlet:

Also, open console, type votekick. List appears, votekick # of the Cyrillic/Latin/Chinese name and confirm.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.