Unique mechanism to bows

• Bows reload?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Bows reload?

They go through Reload + Draw phase each time you go from Idle to Shooting.
    Reload part is where the Archer pulls out an arrow from their quiver and put it right next to their bow, Draw is when they of course pull the arrow along with the bow string.

Now the idea here is to add some sort of mechanism so that you would only need to reload once, if you were by any circumstances to cancel out while you held the arrow for many various situations, and then if you wanted to go from Idle to Shooting, you would only need to go through Draw phase on the Bow.

This should of course be canceled out upon weapon swap, so it doesn’t copy-cat the Crossbow reload feature.

• Good idea but it would fuck with the balance if done wrong

• you guys know you just have to hit the zoom button after you have missed the zoom in window and it will unstring your arrow right?
    this is basically what you are talking about.

just hit zoom in the middle of drawing it and it unstrings your arrow, i always hated this as we should be able to zoom in at any point of loading an arrow but this may help you guys out. :)

• A good idea for the archers. But please make their melee less effective first. It’s rediculous. A knight with a big maul? Mwahaha no problem! An archer with a tiny dagger? I nearly crap my chainmail.

• @Peter. There’s a reason why you have a secondary. If I play knight and use the maul and thengo up against any archer with a butterknife 'd rather switch over to my broad/norse than keep using the maul.

• @Xylvion:

@Peter. There’s a reason why you have a secondary. If I play knight and use the maul and thengo up against any archer with a butterknife 'd rather switch over to my broad/norse than keep using the maul.

Exactly. As a vanguard though, I’d advise either the sabre or waraxe for your secondary. Alternatively you can just smack them over the head with a nice dragged or lookdown overhead from your greatsword.

• Any increased effectiveness of a side arm does not diminish what Peter von P is saying. General rule of thumb is that the longer a weapon is the greater your ‘attacking power’/superiority of your position is.

Go outside and take a 10cm stick, now give your sister a yard stick and you’ll see what i mean.

In IRL any of the van guards weapons would make you shit your pants and run if you were armed only with a pocket knife.

• and again, you don’t block, if you’d block a maul with another maul your wrists would probably break as well. I don’t see the logic in this. You actually perform a parry, not a block, heck you could parry a maul with your hands, just push it to the side at the right time and the right angle and it would change course and miss you.

• You’d be hard pressed to change the course of a swinging maul, but then it depends how close you are and what stage the maul is in its windup/swing, so i’ve never really cared that archers can block a maul with a dagger. A computer game can’t model every scenario and hey the archer looses a tonne of stamina.

• A parry is a parry.

Though parrying with your hands can go wrong easily. I’d rather have a pencil just to be safe. Parrying swords with your fists lol.

What if fists could parry?

Most OP weapon ever lol.

• they should be able to parry, at least the knights should be able to with minimal damage and stam loss, they have on iron and chainmail gloves for christ sakes.