Crossbow penalty idea

• Crossbows does have some noticable draw backs when it comes to mobility and firerate, but always has its accuracy and power to compensate for that versus other projectile weapons. The Crossbow’s most noticable feature is that it does not need that much time to ready up before firing like the bow has for example.

A reloaded crossbow only has to aim the crossbow, which is from 0.4 to 0.6, depending on what crossbow is used.

This allows the crossbowman to quickly respond to a sudden situation, but I find this to be rather annoying since that. Let us make a example where either a Sling or Shortbow/Longbow is facing a Crossbow at mid-distance, there is nothing to take cover behind.

As a Sling or bow user, you may be able to take advantage of firerate and slip in a shot before he has aimed you down properly and made a fire, though the thing is that even if you manage to get in a hit on the crossbowman and flinch them, you may never fire again before they do since they can raise their aim again within either from 0.4 to 0.6 seconds, and then shoot you back before you have a chance to fire back.

One idea to solve this problem could be to give a crossbow a penalty where if they get flinched by projectiles, their bolt will drop out from the crossbow, so that you have to re-insert the bolt (This does not require you to reload at the original speed, nor become unable to move around as you only need to re-insert a new bolt into the crossbow before you can fire again.

A crossbow has three phases, Lets use the values from Light Crossbow for an example.
    Aim/Aim recover: 0.4
    Hold: 0
    Release: 0
    Reload: 2

Already past first phase, you can already be firing.

• @wildwulfy:

Crossbows does have some noticable draw backs when it comes to mobility and firerate, but always has its accuracy and power to compensate for that versus other projectile weapons. The Crossbow’s most noticable feature is that it does not need that much time to ready up before firing like the bow has for example.

A reloaded crossbow only has to aim the crossbow, which is from 0.4 to 0.6, depending on what crossbow is used.

This allows the crossbowman to quickly respond to a sudden situation, but I find this to be rather annoying since that. Let us make a example where either a Sling or Shortbow/Longbow is facing a Crossbow at mid-distance, there is nothing to take cover behind.

As a Sling or bow user, you may be able to take advantage of firerate and slip in a shot before he has aimed you down properly and made a fire, though the thing is that even if you manage to get in a hit on the crossbowman and flinch them, you may never fire again before they do since they can raise their aim again within either from 0.4 to 0.6 seconds, and then shoot you back before you have a chance to fire back.

One idea to solve this problem could be to give a crossbow a penalty where if they get flinched by projectiles, their bolt will drop out from the crossbow, so that you have to re-insert the bolt (This does not require you to reload at the original speed, nor become unable to move around as you only need to re-insert a new bolt into the crossbow before you can fire again.

A crossbow has three phases, Lets use the values from Light Crossbow for an example.
    Aim/Aim recover: 0.4
    Hold: 0
    Release: 0
    Reload: 2

Already past first phase, you can already be firing.

I don’t think so. The xbow is kindof like the anti-archer weapon. You use bows on other classes but xbows if you’re archer hunting. I think they’re good as is but it’s a quirky idea.

• I wouldn’t mind that feature. Realism lol. There was actually a bug that did something similar. If you were out of ammo you were force to reload if hit by anything. Not quite the same but almost.

And warbow broadhead is better to use against archers. Though I fire from a lot closer than most.

Also if you are good in melee as have a good headset mobility isn’t a problem for a good crossbow user. Footsteps. You don’t even need to look up to see everyone. You can has a heavy crossbow and move up with your team as you would with a shortbow. You have a slower fire rate yes but a much more higher damaging shot.

But yeah that would be good. Get hit by something and you see your bolt fall out. Or if they can’t make it look like it falls out it could jus be a noise to indicate it.

The crossbow accidentally going off would be cool too.

Though I think most people would want the archer to flinch, point it at his face while flinching and having the crossbow go off hitting him in the face.

• I think the whole idea of an in game sniper is ridicolous so I’m jumping on the nerf train here.