Custom Maps/Servers

• Hey there guys,
    I havent tried these custom maps/content yet but as I get it, You have to download the content before entering the server, right ?
    Could this be possible that there would be a " Official Custom Map Server " where Tornbanner makes a server filled with prized or popular custom maps, which you dont have to download anything and just enter server like normal ones?

I have been curious about it, If somebody could help me that would be great :D

• @RoyalWatcher:

Hey there guys,
    I havent tried these custom maps/content yet but as I get it, You have to download the content before entering the server, right ?
    Could this be possible that there would be a " Official Custom Map Server " where Tornbanner makes a server filled with prized or popular custom maps, which you dont have to download anything and just enter server like normal ones?

I have been curious about it, If somebody could help me that would be great :D

Kimiko’s Custom Map server is about as close to an official as I believe they can get since they technically cannot and do not support player content. For example: they cannot by law host a Helms Deep map because of copy rite issues even if it was fan produced. Besides there is only 2 or 3 that are actually worth playing as most are in a beta format. Besides, nothing is stopping you from actually renting a server and hosting it yourself. Wow there is an idea…. IKR?