Weird backwards swing

• What the heck is with guys who look like they are bending over backwards hitting you with a swing you can’t really even see? It just flat out looks weird and goofy.

• Those players are People with one metre by one metre mouse pads who suffer from epilepsy.

• Guilty. I only started doing reverse OHs after seeing how Walter was doing so well with them against Crushed in that recent tourney. It does look ridiculous, but I like pulling them off in first person, which is what I only play, and the risk of, if you block it you got my back, but the reward of me pulling off a hit you wouldn’t expect.

• Its only fun to do in first person. Problem is everyone does it in 3rd.

• And how do you know that ? :)

• @Karam:

And how do you know that ? :)

Becuase they are also running around looking at the floor and they don’t make mistakes like the usual kiters.

• most people i know do it in first.

• @lemonater47:

Those players are People with one metre by one metre mouse pads who suffer from epilepsy.

Please don’t post at all if you aren’t even going to be serious about this at all, also backswings can be perfectly done without using thirdperson. It is all about the timing.

A quick guide for less experienced players to learn how to do it is simple as this.

1. Look straight up
    2. Turn to your left side as you attack

Good way of practicing this is to find a tree on moor and just practice the timing on the turn and weapon wind up and you’ll learn how to do it.

• @wildwulfy:

@lemonater47:

Those players are People with one metre by one metre mouse pads who suffer from epilepsy.

Please don’t post at all if you aren’t even going to be serious about this at all, also backswings can be perfectly done without using thirdperson. It is all about the timing.

A quick guide for less experienced players to learn how to do it is simple as this.

1. Look straight up
    2. Turn to your left side as you attack

Good way of practicing this is to find a tree on moor and just practice the timing on the turn and weapon wind up and you’ll learn how to do it.

Hey I do them myself when I’m on my laptop. I only have about 4-5 inches of mouse space width wise with my desktop. I turn my mouse sideways and it fits perfectly touching my keyboard and the edge of the desk.

There’s always someone who takes offence.

But put a camera to the side as you play and measure your mouse space. And you absolutely match that description. To a slightly less exaggerated degree.

• What a person lacks in mouse pad size they can make up for in mouse sensitivity.

That being said I’d always felt that most of the people doing back blocks were doing so in 3rd person for visibility.

No issue with this tactic though :)

• @MonkeyFiend:

What a person lacks in mouse pad size they can make up for in mouse sensitivity.

That being said I’d always felt that most of the people doing back blocks were doing so in 3rd person for visibility.

No issue with this tactic though :)

Mouse sensitivity is set to a locked speed while swinging regardless of their set sensitivity. And you have to start swinging as you turn otherwise you do it too late and they see it coming.

And doing a 50 degree turn instead of a 180 degree turn doesn’t really work that much. It also involves smashing the mouse into the keyboard or throwing it off the desk.

I can do a full 360 with the mouse space I have and the sensitivity I have set while not swinging.

• @lemonater47:

Mouse sensitivity is set to a locked speed while swinging regardless of their set sensitivity.

No… The mouse speed is capped with negative acceleration if you try to move too fast - not the sensitivity. Doing a 180 while swinging is the same distance for my mouse as it is when I’m not swinging, I just can’t do it too fast or the game locks up the look speed.

Having a higher sensitivity does not help here. It just means people with higher sens have to move their mice much slower than normal when swinging. And if you can’t normally do a 180 in the space of your mouse mat without picking up then you’ve picked the wrong sensitivity.

• lol what a noobish tactic, and just what we need a buncha fools doing goofy reverse overhands, as if the game doesnt have enough bugs and exploits in it already, with regular look down overhands.

way to go guys, help run off some more new players with this foolish dumb tactic.
    the funniest thing is that,
    most of the names in here have claimed to be competitive players at sum point too, i find that highly amusing.

• There you have it boys.

• @WARSAW:

lol what a noobish tactic, and just what we need a buncha fools doing goofy reverse overhands, as if the game doesnt have enough bugs and exploits in it already, with regular look down overhands.

way to go guys, help run off some more new players with this foolish dumb tactic.
    the funniest thing is that,
    most of the names in here have claimed to be competitive players at sum point too, i find that highly amusing.

It’s harder to accomplish than a lookdown overhead yet is essentially the same tactic except reversed in motion. Not to mention it can be punished a hell of a lot more than a lookdown attack and getting hit while doing so can be very disorientating when playing in first person.

Honestly, I don’t see it as a problem. It’s been happening for a while now anyway but it seems Knights nowadays are only now catching on to it. Calling it, as well as lookdown overheads, a bug and exploit just goes to show what is wrong with this community and why we have been suffering a decline since the June patch.

• @NabsterHax:

@lemonater47:

Mouse sensitivity is set to a locked speed while swinging regardless of their set sensitivity.

No… The mouse speed is capped with negative acceleration if you try to move too fast - not the sensitivity. Doing a 180 while swinging is the same distance for my mouse as it is when I’m not swinging, I just can’t do it too fast or the game locks up the look speed.

Having a higher sensitivity does not help here. It just means people with higher sens have to move their mice much slower than normal when swinging. And if you can’t normally do a 180 in the space of your mouse mat without picking up then you’ve picked the wrong sensitivity.

I see. I don’t change my sensitivity.

• @lemonater47:

@NabsterHax:

@lemonater47:

I see. I don’t change my sensitivity.

You don’t need to change your sensitivity.

• I mean it would have been a lot easier to notice if I made a large change to my sensitivity.

Also my mouse space is about half a mousepad.