TB..Fix your Forums!!!

• It seems your Text Box for Posting Does not work in FireFox! It works in Chrome fine! No you really shouldn’t Have to have another Browser. A good website designer will make sure it works on many browsers! The Forums Text Box for Posts does not work in FireFox …now that is very sad!!! It does work in Chrome! It this OK??? No No its not!

• Lol it even works in safari. Safari and Firefox are pretty similar too.

Really though. Why the hell did they feel compelled to change their forums, again. They were fine. Don’t change what isn’t broken. You only make it worse.

• First forum was best forum.

Gone from great start to progressively worse and then this shit. Plain old black background which forces you to squint during night time reading and singular banner that promotes a half finished steam workshop at the top? And a forum that doesn’t work on 75% of common browsers and an elimination of important features from previous forums such as view own posts and new posts which were really handy?

Seriously, whoever is in charge of these decisions at TB, get your fucking act together.

A fucking phpBB sourced forum would operate better than this far out bizarre shit you choose.

• Because Firefox is 75% of all common web browsers lol.

• @lemonater47:

Because Firefox is 75% of all common web browsers lol.

Try Internet Explorer, Firefox, TW and Opera you fucking sped

• Works fine on explorer. No idea what TW is and opera isn’t exactly common either. Neither is safari for that matter.

• test post from firefox

Edit: worked fine for me from FF major releases rom 18-24 and the current 25.0.1, IE (bleugh) and chrome for me

Can I check if you’re running any plugins that might affect the posting box from appearing, things like addblock plus and Noscript?

• Don,t expect me or anyone to remove their ad Block plus to accommodate these forums. This is rubbish I say!!!

• Not working from latest Firefox, with all plugins disabled. Still works on my Chrome and IE.
    The area for the post title shows up in FF, but that’s just a regular text box.

• @MG-Powers:

Don,t expect me or anyone to remove their ad Block plus to accommodate these forums. This is rubbish I say!!!

Am not suggesting it was adblock per se, but checking whether any odd plugins might be preventing the box from appearing.

@dudeface: I’ve also got the latest stable release of FF without any plugins running and it’s letting me post fine.

Although the am sure I’ve heard of that happening before, looking into it now…

will create a new user account, checking if its a permissions issue…

• test from new account

• So everything works fine for me in Firefox. It’s definitely not a forum permissions issue.
    Next I might suggest those having the text box issue try a portable version of FF here or try running FF in safe-mode (FF safemode, not windows safe mode :P) -,it seems like it’s got to be something from your end of things (otherwise it wouldn’t be working for me and others)

Can you try deleting cookies for the tornbanner domain and trying again?

• Works after deleting TB cookies and cache. :)

edit: hey why doesn’t that smiley face show up. Oh well. Pretend there’s a smiley there. Thanks, monkey!

edit2: just to clarify, it still didn’t work after deleting cookies until I deleted my cache. someone else might try it the other way around just to see if that works.

• To determine if it’s the cache you can hold CTRL and pres F5 - refreshes the page without using the cache.

I have a feeling this will likely be cookies/cached files from the tornbanner domain - if for example it cached the previous css for the old forums as I suspect it has and is trying to re-use it for a different set of forums, it causes issues :P. Either way, a definite fix is to clear cache/cookies :D

Thanks for reporting the issues guys :)

• Confirmed …Works fine after deleting Cookie and Cache….Thank you for solving the great no text box mystery!

• @lemonater47:

Because Firefox is 75% of all common web browsers lol.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

• @gregcau:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Yes thank you for proving my point that opera is not a common web browser as only 1.7% of people have it.

And if that trend continues in a few years chrome will be the only web browser.

• @lemonater47:

Yes thank you for proving my point that opera is not a common web browser as only 1.7% of people have it.

And if that trend continues in a few years chrome will be the only web browser.

I was quite surprised. IE was so dominant for a long time. I had no idea Chrome took such a lead considering Microsoft ships IE as the default and it takes a semi-technical user to change it. Maybe the stats are skewed, certainly in business my experience is most organizations use IE.

• But its ok as long as Lemon can post 100 posts a day the forums will keep alive.

• This post is deleted!