TB..Fix your Forums!!!

• So everything works fine for me in Firefox. It’s definitely not a forum permissions issue.
    Next I might suggest those having the text box issue try a portable version of FF here or try running FF in safe-mode (FF safemode, not windows safe mode :P) -,it seems like it’s got to be something from your end of things (otherwise it wouldn’t be working for me and others)

Can you try deleting cookies for the tornbanner domain and trying again?

• Works after deleting TB cookies and cache. :)

edit: hey why doesn’t that smiley face show up. Oh well. Pretend there’s a smiley there. Thanks, monkey!

edit2: just to clarify, it still didn’t work after deleting cookies until I deleted my cache. someone else might try it the other way around just to see if that works.

• To determine if it’s the cache you can hold CTRL and pres F5 - refreshes the page without using the cache.

I have a feeling this will likely be cookies/cached files from the tornbanner domain - if for example it cached the previous css for the old forums as I suspect it has and is trying to re-use it for a different set of forums, it causes issues :P. Either way, a definite fix is to clear cache/cookies :D

Thanks for reporting the issues guys :)

• Confirmed …Works fine after deleting Cookie and Cache….Thank you for solving the great no text box mystery!

• @lemonater47:

Because Firefox is 75% of all common web browsers lol.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

• @gregcau:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Yes thank you for proving my point that opera is not a common web browser as only 1.7% of people have it.

And if that trend continues in a few years chrome will be the only web browser.

• @lemonater47:

Yes thank you for proving my point that opera is not a common web browser as only 1.7% of people have it.

And if that trend continues in a few years chrome will be the only web browser.

I was quite surprised. IE was so dominant for a long time. I had no idea Chrome took such a lead considering Microsoft ships IE as the default and it takes a semi-technical user to change it. Maybe the stats are skewed, certainly in business my experience is most organizations use IE.

• But its ok as long as Lemon can post 100 posts a day the forums will keep alive.

• This post is deleted!

• The forum settings are still fucked up though. It looks like the default setup was used and that is why there are so many issues with so many things not working right since the migration. Attachments and their settings are all screwed up as well as many of the fine details of setting up a BBS system. Many did not transfer over as well as the formatting. Most all of the user settings are at default or minimum settings. You guys really need a power admin that knows what he is doing when configing a forum of this size and number of members.