Had to create a new account….

• Ugh now that I can actually see posts and finally reply. I had to make a new account. I would prefer to not have had to do this but the “recover password” page didnt work at all as I kept getting errors. So hopefully an admin can fix this situation and return me my old account instead of having to make a bunch of posts so I can be recognized.

I am sadly disappointed again with another upgrade that wasn’t tested, that being the forums. Seriously, I understand the need for it to be upgraded as it was sadly one of the slowest forum boards for loading and posting. But why didn’t you guys do a test migrate before you just went and did it? Most of the bugs could have been worked out with a dummy site first. Oh well….

If you guys can restore my original account. (Actually I know this can be done via BBS admin) Please reset my password for Retsnom and email it to me, then you can delete this account.

• Hi,

I’ve requested a new password be sent to the email address attached to the Retsnom account. You should get a message in the gmail account that ends in 1. Please check the spam folder too in case the mail has ended up in there.

Thanks

Monkey

• Well I got the email but the login name is imported_Retsnom LOLS so now what? It doesnt seem to be attached to my original account. I sure miss the thread buttons that would allow me to check my threads….

• @imported_Retsnom:

Well I got the email but the login name is imported_Retsnom LOLS so now what? It doesnt seem to be attached to my original account. I sure miss the thread buttons that would allow me to check my threads….

OK so I went and tried to recover password for the Retsnom and I got it to work and reset. So I guess you can delete the other account.

BTW how about fixing the avatar settings to allow linkable animated gifs with a larger size and resolution? The linkable kind doesnt take up server space since it is from a link.

• You can set it to a remote image file already: settings > edit avatar > Use custom avatar > option 1 (enter URL). At the moment dimension are 100x100 and 48k max, not sure if this is likely to be adjusted for larger filesized animated gifs

• @MonkeyFiend:

You can set it to a remote image file already: settings > edit avatar > Use custom avatar > option 1 (enter URL). At the moment dimension are 100x100 and 48k max, not sure if this is likely to be adjusted for larger filesized animated gifs

it is not, I have tried several times. But some are working. But I got a message that said no animated gifs yet GB’s animated gif is working…. Any chance of getting the buttons for threads back up, like my posts, new posts?

• When I did it all the emails went to my bloody spam folder.

Why change the forums when it didn’t need to change. Only bad things happen.

• I never got the emails to reset either. No emails showed up in Junk Mail, they just didn’t come.