OK Where is the SDK, beta Chiv and beta DW?

• Well I am not sure what you guys did but the SDK is gone from my choices that were previously in the CMWBeta. In addition, both the Beta CMW and Beta CDW crash. Neither get past the load graphic….

Fortunately all my map files are in the right places in the SDK but even going to the binary folders for the SDK editor doesn’t work either. UGH

• It appears that the UDKeditor.exe is the exact same as the udk.exe within the CMWBeta/binaries/Win64/ They both appear to be the beta launcher with no SDK. Again both CMW and CDW Betas crash shortly after launch.

• Why use beta when SDK is live?

• You are not understanding. The only way to access the SDK was through the Chivalry:Medieval Warfare Beta button in steam. There currently is no way to access the SDK from steam. That is why I tried to go to the exe files and there the one that is there only brings up the Beta launcher.

IF there is another way to access the SDK and get it to launch please let me know….

• …why don’t you just go run the .bat file for it?

• @dudeface:

…why don’t you just go run the .bat file for it?

There is no Bat file, I have looked….
    OK looked in the wrong place… CORRECTION!!! I have found the .bat files in SteamApps/common/chivalrymedivalwarfare/

Now I just hope that all the previous files I was working with are in the correct locations. Still have not had much success with this file system having triplicates of every folder hoping it points to the right assets. Still not getting custom assets to show up in the SDK either…

UGh I am hating SDK more and more. Bring back Hammer. I hated hammer but at least I could use it easily.

• Really? In your root chiv folder?
    Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare
    If not, make one like this:

@Echo Starting the editor
    @start Binaries\Win32\UDKEditor.exe editor

save it in the root chiv folder as whatever you want .bat
    I guess you can replace Win32 with Win64. Not sure if one is more reliable than the other.

You should have a bunch of bat files in there though. Weird.

• @dudeface:

Really? In your root chiv folder?
    Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare
    If not, make one like this:

@Echo Starting the editor
    @start Binaries\Win32\UDKEditor.exe editor

save it in the root chiv folder as whatever you want .bat
    I guess you can replace Win32 with Win64. Not sure if one is more reliable than the other.

You should have a bunch of bat files in there though. Weird.

Thanks man I figured it out, was looking in the wrong place at the wrong editor file. Now I just neet to figure out how to import custom assests within the file structure. It is not very intuitive with UDK as it was with Hammer.