Dedicated deadliest warrior server

• Hi, I want to host a private server with my friends but I couldn’t find much informations on internet.
    I downloaded the chivalry deadliest warrior dedicated server on steam and got the udklogging thing but I don’t know what to type in the target.
    Please can someone help me what to do next!!

• @TheWatcher:

Hi, I want to host a private server with my friends but I couldn’t find much informations on internet.
    I downloaded the chivalry deadliest warrior dedicated server on steam and got the udklogging thing but I don’t know what to type in the target.
    Please can someone help me what to do next!!

It’s the same as creating a CMW server, first you should download the dedicated server files via steam (Steam – library – tools – DW dedicated server).

Then you have to navigate to your “…\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_dw_ded_server\CDWGame” folder and search “…\CDWGame\Config\PCServer-CDWEngine.ini” and “…\CDWGame\Config\PCServer-CDWGame.ini” files.

To edit them you can follow this guide (Excepting the batch file creation and the map list):
    Guide

To do the batch file:
    1. right click –> new --> text document:
    2. copy the following:
    @start CDWGame.exe MAPNAME?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=LOCALSERVERIP -Port=7777 -QueryPort=7778
    3. Saves as… Ex: startServer**.bat**

Changing MAPNAME for the map you would to start with. DeadliestWarrior maplist here.
    dedicated=true|false depending on what you want,
    LOCALSERVERIP for your server (fixed IP highly recommended) like 192.168.1.10

Deadliest warrior mapLists are different and more powerful than CMW’s, you can take my list as an example or just copy and paste it into yours, or just use the default list in “PCServer-CDWEngine.ini”

My list:

VoteMapList[1]=(MapName=“TD-Bamboo”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=3,AllowedClass=(“Open”,“Open”,“Open”))
    VoteMapList[2]=(MapName=“FFA-Valley”,GameMode=“AOCFFA”,NumTeams=6,AllowedClass=(“Pirate”,“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[3]=(MapName=“TD-Isle”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=6,AllowedClass=(“Pirate”,“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[4]=(MapName=“TD-Acropolis”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Random”,“Random”))
    VoteMapList[5]=(MapName=“TD-Fortress”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=5,AllowedClass=(“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[6]=(MapName=“LTS-Bamboo”,GameMode=“AOCLTS”,NumTeams=5,AllowedClass=(“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[7]=(MapName=“LTS-Fortress”,GameMode=“AOCLTS”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=((“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Spartan”),(“Ninja”,“Pirate”,“Viking”))
    VoteMapList[8]=(MapName=“TD-Fjord”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=3,AllowedClass=(“Open”,“Open”,“Open”))
    VoteMapList[9]=(MapName=“TD-Acropolis”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=6,AllowedClass=(“Pirate”,“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[10]=(MapName=“LTS-Valley”,GameMode=“AOCLTS”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Random”,“Random”))
    VoteMapList[11]=(MapName=“FFA-Bamboo”,GameMode=“AOCFFA”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Open”,“Open”))
    VoteMapList[12]=(MapName=“TD-Isle”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Random”,“Random”))

Don’t forget to forwarding the Steam client/server ports and also 7777 - 7778 in your router.
    If you don’t see the server on server list and you don’t have anybody to test if is online you can do the following:

1. Start your CDW server via batch file.
    2. Enter to yor CDW client.
    3. Press (I think in english keywoards is the key [~]) in spanish keyboards is the [ñ].
    4. Type “Open SERVER_IP” where SERVER_IP" is the public/private IP of the server is.

Sry for my english, cya.

• All information you need can be found in the sticky tutorials in the Server Operator’s hub section of the forums.
    Although, you might need to open ports, and that you either have to know how to do, or google.

• @perroverde:

It’s the same as creating a CMW server, first you should download the dedicated server files via steam (Steam – library – tools – DW dedicated server).

Then you have to navigate to your “…\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_dw_ded_server\CDWGame” folder and search “…\CDWGame\Config\PCServer-CDWEngine.ini” and “…\CDWGame\Config\PCServer-CDWGame.ini” files.

To edit them you can follow this guide (Excepting the batch file creation and the map list):
    Guide

To do the batch file:
    1. right click –> new --> text document:
    2. copy the following:
    @start CDWGame.exe MAPNAME?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=LOCALSERVERIP -Port=7777 -QueryPort=7778
    3. Saves as… Ex: startServer**.bat**

Changing MAPNAME for the map you would to start with. DeadliestWarrior maplist here.
    dedicated=true|false depending on what you want,
    LOCALSERVERIP for your server (fixed IP highly recommended) like 192.168.1.10

Deadliest warrior mapLists are different and more powerful than CMW’s, you can take my list as an example or just copy and paste it into yours, or just use the default list in “PCServer-CDWEngine.ini”

My list:
    VoteMapList[1]=(MapName=“TD-Bamboo”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=3,AllowedClass=(“Open”,“Open”,“Open”))
    VoteMapList[2]=(MapName=“FFA-Valley”,GameMode=“AOCFFA”,NumTeams=6,AllowedClass=(“Pirate”,“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[3]=(MapName=“TD-Isle”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=6,AllowedClass=(“Pirate”,“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[4]=(MapName=“TD-Acropolis”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Random”,“Random”))
    VoteMapList[5]=(MapName=“TD-Fortress”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=5,AllowedClass=(“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[6]=(MapName=“LTS-Bamboo”,GameMode=“AOCLTS”,NumTeams=5,AllowedClass=(“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[7]=(MapName=“LTS-Fortress”,GameMode=“AOCLTS”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=((“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Spartan”),(“Ninja”,“Pirate”,“Viking”))
    VoteMapList[8]=(MapName=“TD-Fjord”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=3,AllowedClass=(“Open”,“Open”,“Open”))
    VoteMapList[9]=(MapName=“TD-Acropolis”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=6,AllowedClass=(“Pirate”,“Ninja”,“Samurai”,“Knight”,“Viking”,“Spartan”))
    VoteMapList[10]=(MapName=“LTS-Valley”,GameMode=“AOCLTS”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Random”,“Random”))
    VoteMapList[11]=(MapName=“FFA-Bamboo”,GameMode=“AOCFFA”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Open”,“Open”))
    VoteMapList[12]=(MapName=“TD-Isle”,GameMode=“AOCTD”,NumTeams=2,AllowedClass=(“Random”,“Random”))

Don’t forget to forwarding the Steam client/server ports and also 7777 - 7778 in your router.
    If you don’t see the server on server list and you don’t have anybody to test if is online you can do the following:
    1. Start your CDW server via batch file.
    2. Enter to yor CDW client.
    3. Press (I think in english keywoards is the key [~]) in spanish keyboards is the [ñ].
    4. Type “Open SERVER_IP” where SERVER_IP" is the public/private IP of the server is.

Sry for my english, cya.

I’m aware this is a bit of a necro, but I’ve been pouring over Chivalry server guides for hours, and none of this works.
    I’ve been trying to get a Deadliest Warrior server up and running for weeks now, but nothing I do, and nothing I can find online works.
    I’ve followed every single guide I can find. To. The. Letter.

The closest I’ve gotten is is running a .bat with the wrong information in it.
    @start CDWGame.exe FFA-Fjord?steamsockets? -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=7778

**With this ^ information, I’ve been able to get a server running that I can access with the 127.0.0.1 command, but no-one else can access it. If I add the -multihome=IP_ADDRESS as most guides suggest, and make “IP_ADDRESS” my IP address, then it stops being joinable at all, not even joinable by me.

I’ve opened all ports, haven’t added passwords or anything (so I can’t have forgotten the password), and I can’t figure out how to get this damn thing running so that my friends and I can play without horrific lag as is the case with 100% of the existing servers.

What can I do?

It SHOULD NOT be this difficult to get a server running.