State of play: What can be done?

• @DokB:

I recommended this to a friend and he bought it. I am happy to say he enjoyed it, he played until rank 7-9 but stopped only because I told him about the current state of the game. While he enjoyed the game, he felt he didn’t want to stick around due to bugs remaining unfixed and a lack of new content.

lol some people are so easily influenced (if a true story…).

Game is fine for 95% of people, just needs more content. Unfortunately TBS appears reluctant to divulge any plans. I guess they are too busy working on the MMORPG version.

• @gregcau:

MMORPG version.

please stop

• My friend is a strange one, he buys heaps of games but doesn’t play half of them. He bought BF3 for example on Day 1 and didn’t play past a week just because of their rough start they had in regards to bugs. But I assure you it’s all true.

And new maps, especially official TO maps which seem to be the most popular (just look at how popular Citadel on release was, I’ve never seen so many full servers before for Chivalry) should be at the top of TB’s list.

• @gregcau:

lol some people are so easily influenced (if a true story…).

Game is fine for 95% of noob people, just needs more content. Unfortunately TBS appears reluctant to divulge any plans. I guess they are too busy working on the MMORPG version.

There fixed it for you…… Only noobs think it is fine. Noobs being anyone that started playing after the game breaking patch. This is because they don’t know any better. I think the current game life span is about 400 hours after that, most players are done playing because of the bugs and lack of any skill level increase. Custom maps are mostly fail. Out of the 15+ I only host 5 of them because they are just not really playable, buggy, incomplete, or have serious issues. While they are pretty, most have spawn distances way too far, objectives work about half of the time, or the maps just suck. This is not to discourage custom map makers for all that they are doing but it will take some time for good solid maps to appear. Custom content and more weapons are really irrelevant if the base game mechanics are seriously still flawed. Thus they are a moot point.

• TBS kind’ve put all their faith into SDK for “new content” in MW, but I don’t feel like it’s good enough. Sure, the community has some great maps, but getting them populated can be hard.

I think most people just want to play 24p official TO servers or FFA servers most of the time, so TBS needs to consider more custom maps in rotations for them or start making some more for it. I also think being able to customize the colors of your weapons would be a neat asset now. I dunno’ if it’s possible to transfer over the score/EXP. system from DW to MW but, that would be great too. I would love to see different ranks based on each individual class, rather than same rank for every class and kills being the only progression. I love the accessories from DW, too.

But the recovery parry has to go. Even if feint to parry and combo feint to parry never return, recovery parry has to go. It just destroys the pace of the game way too much.

TBS needs to stop working on new stuff outside MW and start making more content for MW again. I think it’s pretty clear TBS’ audience are the MW fans, and they need to understand that.

• @afiNity:

New weapons… dunno. The last time they added new weapons it pretty much failed cause the weapons were (are) kinda useless. The sling is probably the most used weapon of the new ones lol.
    Fix the bugs, add new maps and buff the game (cftp, remove panic parry etc). This would be my list.

(yay writing posts on firefox is finally fixed)

Tell that to my quarterstick. I see a lot of vanguards with that weird poley thingy too. (I think it’s called the ‘polehammer’)

• There are some great custom TO maps out there, the hard thing is to get players onto the custom servers. However that in itself is a problem, when making a TO map there’s a lot of bug fixing and balance testing that can only be done on server with enough people on it. If people aren’t playing, it takes ages to fix bugs and also as a map modder myself I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth all the effort. After all I spent hours and hours working on a map and I’m not sure enough people are playing it to justify all the time I’m putting in.

Clearly TB need to provide more support to modders and make some of the better TO maps semi-official; put them into a patch so server operators can put them in normal rotation without scaring people off with auto-downloading.

• I would like to see the game fixed before anything extra is added to it.

• @wildwulfy:

I would like to see the game fixed before anything extra is added to it.

Yes I agree, and that’s exactly what they’re doing.

• @gref:

Yes I agree, and that’s exactly what they’re doing.

Yeah.

NOW.
    They still released an expansion before doing this.

:)

• @wildwulfy:

I would like to see the game fixed before anything extra is added to it.

We’ll new content and similar wouldn’t require the work of the programmers much if at all.

And what are the modellers and map makers gonna do in the meantime anyway?

If its just weapons, cosmetic changes and maps.

• Absolutely nothing will happen to this game anymore. They are busy wasting time with optimization for FPS problems that dont exist.

One last thing they could do is fix the SDK for game mods. That might save the game because then someone else could make a game alot better then TBS and bring back all the players, maybe. But I doubt it, so it’s best to move on. Chivalry had its prime time and was a great game at it but then it got raped and shit on by Torn Banner.

gg

• With Torn Banner even forums are buggy.

• @CRUSHED:

Absolutely nothing will happen to this game anymore. They are busy wasting time with optimization for FPS problems that dont exist.

One last thing they could do is fix the SDK for game mods. That might save the game because then someone else could make a game alot better then TBS and bring back all the players, maybe. But I doubt it, so it’s best to move on. Chivalry had its prime time and was a great game at it but then it got raped and shit on by Torn Banner.

gg

Ultimate pessimist.

• @lemonater47:

Ultimate pessimist.

One year ago this would have been pessimistic

• @afiNity:

One year ago this would have been pessimistic

^

Doesn’t anyone remember the “community bug fix patch” back in like Feb.? Like that ever happened.

• I wonder if torn banner remembers this section of the forum. http://forums.tornbanner.com/forumdisplay.php/25-Bug-Reports

They say they look at it which they probably do. But they don’t seem to do anything about it. Looking at it doesn’t fix the bugs. They finally tried fixing the rank bugs. But it had 10 threads about it (literally) in the general discussion section at any one time.

• this is quite incorrect now…

the added weapons were quarterstaff, slings, flails

quarterstaff is amazing, it’s basically a holy water sprinkler with more reach and it tears knights, you can pretty much just toy with knights with it. Same as how you can toy around with knights and pretty much any other class with hws.

slings are very highly used and terribly annoying, fast… have the potential to use unllimited ammo, and there’s no way to predict them, theres an infinite ‘draw time’.

flails are amazing and they’re killing in duels and teamplay. The light flail especially with it’s insane combo times, good damage and unpredictability of swings… and the shield feints. Also the shield poke will flinch damn near anything and is very hard to parry/block.

• @lemonater47:

I wonder if torn banner remembers this section of the forum. http://forums.tornbanner.com/forumdisplay.php/25-Bug-Reports

They say they look at it which they probably do. But they don’t seem to do anything about it. Looking at it doesn’t fix the bugs. They finally tried fixing the rank bugs. But it had 10 threads about it (literally) in the general discussion section at any one time.

i finally ranked up like 3-4 days ago after about 4-5 months straight of no ranking… i don’t think it was lack of kills either.