State of play: What can be done?

• @wildwulfy:

I would like to see the game fixed before anything extra is added to it.

Yes I agree, and that’s exactly what they’re doing.

• @gref:

Yes I agree, and that’s exactly what they’re doing.

Yeah.

NOW.
    They still released an expansion before doing this.

:)

• @wildwulfy:

I would like to see the game fixed before anything extra is added to it.

We’ll new content and similar wouldn’t require the work of the programmers much if at all.

And what are the modellers and map makers gonna do in the meantime anyway?

If its just weapons, cosmetic changes and maps.

• Absolutely nothing will happen to this game anymore. They are busy wasting time with optimization for FPS problems that dont exist.

One last thing they could do is fix the SDK for game mods. That might save the game because then someone else could make a game alot better then TBS and bring back all the players, maybe. But I doubt it, so it’s best to move on. Chivalry had its prime time and was a great game at it but then it got raped and shit on by Torn Banner.

gg

• With Torn Banner even forums are buggy.

• @CRUSHED:

Absolutely nothing will happen to this game anymore. They are busy wasting time with optimization for FPS problems that dont exist.

One last thing they could do is fix the SDK for game mods. That might save the game because then someone else could make a game alot better then TBS and bring back all the players, maybe. But I doubt it, so it’s best to move on. Chivalry had its prime time and was a great game at it but then it got raped and shit on by Torn Banner.

gg

Ultimate pessimist.

• @lemonater47:

Ultimate pessimist.

One year ago this would have been pessimistic

• @afiNity:

One year ago this would have been pessimistic

^

Doesn’t anyone remember the “community bug fix patch” back in like Feb.? Like that ever happened.

• I wonder if torn banner remembers this section of the forum. http://forums.tornbanner.com/forumdisplay.php/25-Bug-Reports

They say they look at it which they probably do. But they don’t seem to do anything about it. Looking at it doesn’t fix the bugs. They finally tried fixing the rank bugs. But it had 10 threads about it (literally) in the general discussion section at any one time.

• this is quite incorrect now…

the added weapons were quarterstaff, slings, flails

quarterstaff is amazing, it’s basically a holy water sprinkler with more reach and it tears knights, you can pretty much just toy with knights with it. Same as how you can toy around with knights and pretty much any other class with hws.

slings are very highly used and terribly annoying, fast… have the potential to use unllimited ammo, and there’s no way to predict them, theres an infinite ‘draw time’.

flails are amazing and they’re killing in duels and teamplay. The light flail especially with it’s insane combo times, good damage and unpredictability of swings… and the shield feints. Also the shield poke will flinch damn near anything and is very hard to parry/block.

• @lemonater47:

I wonder if torn banner remembers this section of the forum. http://forums.tornbanner.com/forumdisplay.php/25-Bug-Reports

They say they look at it which they probably do. But they don’t seem to do anything about it. Looking at it doesn’t fix the bugs. They finally tried fixing the rank bugs. But it had 10 threads about it (literally) in the general discussion section at any one time.

i finally ranked up like 3-4 days ago after about 4-5 months straight of no ranking… i don’t think it was lack of kills either.