Third person dot

• Can we please fix this so that it is actually place where your attacks will go? I cant think of a reason why this should be placed somewhere else. If there is a manual fix I can do for this please let me know. It seems like its way harder to be precise in 3rd person.

• It’s made so your projectiles go where the crosshair is pointed.

• I always turn the crosshair off when playing 3rd person at those angles.
    Try using the cam behind the back of the character if you want 3rd person view with crosshair that works for both projectiles and melee.

• I think it should have a melee/ ranged toggle then. And somehow first person seems to work for melee and ranged.

• It does seem like if you were to pick one that you would pick melee though. I am not sure why the default is ranged.

• @I_Am_King_Midas:

It does seem like if you were to pick one that you would pick melee though. I am not sure why the default is ranged.

While I can’t be certain of the rationale behind this, my first instinct is that ranged weapons require more accuracy. This is especially true in DW where melee combat is a luck-based hack-and-slash with little room for individual skill (outside of knowing the basics of flanking). And considering that all attacks except the thrust have hitboxes that far exceed the range of that little dot, it would be somewhat useless. EDIT: Some of the melee attacks don’t even touch that dot with their hitboxes.

I recommend practicing a lot with individual weapons to learn their hitboxes, swing timings, and the such; the good things in life are rarely free.

Unnecessary Addendum: third person, while coded into the game, is generally agreed to be less professional than first-person.

• Why is third person less professional?

First person has somehow managed to make it where the dot is accurate both for melee and ranged. Why could you not do this in third person?

• It does seem strange that (taking an example out of the air) the Spartan with the dory has to negotiate an inaccurate crosshair when stabbing. I remember having to remember… ahem… that the regular stab needs to be aimed slightly to the right of the target, and the overhead was down and to the right of it.