Kicked for feinting from ffa duel

• @Sciffer:

I personally think that if you can’t win without feinting then you don’t deserve to win at all. We all here got our opinions, but thats what they are, just an opinions.

Drags can work just like feints but they take more effort and they are harder to do with some weapons. The advantage is there is zero stamina cost.

Feints are just lazy and easier to do but achieve the same thing. Though it costs stamina.

And drags can be used for more uses than just tricking your opponent into parrying too early.

• Well I do partially agree on how feinting might seem ridiculous coming from a high-ranked player.
    But I also agree on the ridiculousness of kicking someone for it.

Feinting on actual duel servers is a different thing, I hope you can understand that.

• It’s not feinting that I dislike per se. However high ranking players that resort to feinting with the most OP weapons I find annoying. Spamming feint with the Bearded Axe, Brandistock, Zwei etc. seems really cheap. I certainly can learn to adapt against these players but it does seem a very cheap, skilless tactic against your average pubber.

• It’s better than being kicked for no reason at all, as sometimes does happen on servers where a few immature people get together.

Best advice I have is that if it’s duel servers you want, then there are a few competetive clans around that run some, so frequenting their servers won’t stop the idiot votes, but might stop them from being successful :)

• People still dislike feinting? I figured individuals would get over it after they realized there is nothing they’ll ever be able to do to change it. How about stop spamming parry, maybe you won’t get feinted.

• Mod

@Mef:

Grandmace into your face DUEL EU server

I enforce a few simple rules: anything beside throwing weapons, archery and ffaing is considered fair win, complainers are not encouraged and feint haters are laughed at.

I actually recommend this server for people interested in dueling.
    Despite some people there I’ve seen are using glitches, its over-all open ended towards every tactic.
    Mef is also a cool guy ;P

• @Goregasm:

People still dislike feinting? I figured individuals would get over it after they realized there is nothing they’ll ever be able to do to change it. How about stop spamming parry, maybe you won’t get feinted.

People who “spam parry” (wtf?) are more likely to die, with or without feinting.

• @Goregasm:

How about stop spamming parry, maybe you won’t get feinted.

Hear hear! But on both sides of the argument, feint-spammers and parry-spammers are both highly unskilled individuals. I understand that feints can be frustrating for some people, but learning to anticipate parries and feints are both important skills. Clan players hating on feints always amused me; sure, a n00b might get you once in a while, but if you can’t be bothered to learn how to predict feints, you should go back to playing pub games. =3

• @Funkmaster:

parry-spammers are both highly unskilled individuals.

What the fuck is this?

Is this even a thing now? How is it even possible to spam a parry without getting your face fucking knocked off by even the most incompetent of players? “Parry spammers” shouldn’t even be an issue for ANYONE.

• Oh, they’re hardly an issue for me. It just means I enjoy the kill that much more, knowing they were trying to rely purely on luck. It tells me they have no skill to speak of. But, alas, Chivalry is a game where every once in a blue moon, luck will win out.

• People who find feints unfair or cheap and whine about them are simply noobs.

meh, feints are do-able by both parties, and there are plenty of ways to deal with them and win. Feinting does not mean automatic win.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

People who find feints unfair or cheap and whine about them are simply noobs.

This. No reason to let it sound more friendly, noobs are noobs are noobs.

• That? You sure it’s not people that spam feints are actually noobs? That shit can go both ways. But really it does not make you a noob if you complain about feints and it does not make you a noob if you do feint. Just cause they don’t like feinting and think it’s cheap does not make them noobs. They don’t wanna use them cause they are cheap and don’t like when it’s used on them. So you might say, “It’s your problem that you don’t wanna use it, it’s a mechanic.” While you say that try to understand that these people don’t even want that mechanic to be in the game. I am sure there something in the game for everyone that they think is dumb and would rather have it out. Well feints is that thing for some people.
    I hate feints personally and I am always on the top numbers of the score board with a good ratio and I never feint, even if I have to go 1 vs 5. It takes much more skill to win those fights without feints than with them. I don’t usually hate on feinters with a few exceptions but it is annoying when someone of my rank or higher has to feint me several times. Like do you see me feint you? have some decency. And to all the people that say that feints don’t bring any luck to the table hear this. Yes, you can read them if you practice but you wont be able to do it all the time and here an example. I sometimes win when fighting a higher than me rank player who feints but then might lose to a total new player who feints. No luck lol?

• @Sciffer:

I am sure there something in the game for everyone that they think is dumb and would rather have it out.

Yeah. n00bs who whine about feints.

• I have never fully understood why so many complain about feints. By definition a feint is meant to fool you. This works in real life as well when you feint a punch to a friends face and they flinch. As in real life, a feint can happen at any point in a swing, can you pull it. Just watch a professional boxing match or MMA (man on man action) fight. It is one of the few valid tactics in the game. Knowing when to use them and when not to IS SKILL. Spamming anything isnt skill, this includes feints and LMB.

I know for a fact that some people hate it so much. But what is it they hate? That they died or that they failed to anticipate a feint. A successful feint by definition is not detectable thus it takes skill in knowing when to anticipate one instead of being able to read one. Being able to read your opponents tactics and fight style is far more valuable. Once you learn to anticipate a feint properly the better you will do. When I lost to a feint, most of the time I knew better and it is my fault for not anticipating it.

I use it and do it sparingly. I try to not be predictable and that is hard with a slow assed halberd, trust me.

• Retsnom, feinting in real life with a weapon looks nothing like feinting in Chivalry. Feinting is a continued strike in real life, where you change the direction of where you are attacking mid swing. While in Chivalry, you can heave a huge Zweihander back behind your head and simply cancel all momentum you might have had (which is impossible for the animation you show) with the press of a button and return to your idle stance where you can immediately heft another swing their way.

Not that I am saying that this should be a basis alone for disliking feints. I am only pointing out how feinting in Chivalry is much different to feinting in real life. I also understand that this is possibly the closest in game TB could get to a feint which is fine too.

Feinting is all about learning from your mistakes (a lot like adapting). If you die from a feint, then all is well, you can learn from this, change your play style and how you fight. You learn to play more aggressively against feints and put your opponent on the back foot, or you learn to put yourself in a more defensive position where you will be less prone to fall for feints.

That or you just do what I do and remember the person who feinted against you and just learn to be extra careful around them. Feints are to be used sparingly like you said, and to change the flows of fights, they are to be encouraged if anything. But to each his own.

It might also be that people are still sore from pre-June feints.

I also like the feint training in the tutorial and how it’s seen as a sneaky tactic by the combat instructor. Yet it is still encouraged. Funny how people forget the tutorial.

• @Retsnom:

Knowing when to use them and when not to IS SKILL. Spamming anything isnt skill, this includes feints and LMB.

I know for a fact that some people hate it so much. But what is it they hate? That they died or that they failed to anticipate a feint. A successful feint by definition is not detectable thus it takes skill in knowing when to anticipate one instead of being able to read one. Being able to read your opponents tactics and fight style is far more valuable. Once you learn to anticipate a feint properly the better you will do. When I lost to a feint, most of the time I knew better and it is my fault for not anticipating it.

I don’t feint and have very little experience with it but I know that if I do use it it is likely that I will get a free hit almost every time. Why is that? It is cause I know what weapons would work best with it and in what situations you have no choice but to block early. This does not req any skill. I can win a fight by outplaying someone or I can lookdown feint or point blank stab feint them, forcing them to block and get a free hit. Which is harder? Of course outplaying them without feinting. The key to feinting well is not to do it all the time, and in right hands feinting can be just way too op of a mechanic. If you don’t spam it and know how to force them to block you going to land that hit. Other example is picking fast weapon that they are forced to block fast, sure broad sword can only flash feint but broad sword also hits you nearly instantly, try not to early block that when they jump overhead you over lookdown overhead you or stab you.
    I am not trying to rant about how unfair feints are but I am tired of seeing people act like feints are just so fair and anyone who does not use them is a noob.

• @Sciffer:

I don’t feint and have very little experience with it but I know that if I do use it it is likely that I will get a free hit almost every time. Why is that? It is cause I know what weapons would work best with it and in what situations you have no choice but to block early. This does not req any skill.

Actually it does require situational awareness skills. You need to know when you are putting yourself in danger of being feinted or about to commit to a string of actions that will leave you open to feints. Kind of like chess, thinking a couple of moves ahead.

Feints are indeed powerful, when used correctly.

There is an excellent in built game mechanic that greatly reduces the power of feints and drags at the same time.

Shields.

People that cry about feints need to learn to use shields.

• @Sciffer:

I don’t feint and have very little experience with it but I know that if I do use it it is likely that I will get a free hit almost every time. Why is that? It is cause I know what weapons would work best with it and in what situations you have no choice but to block early. This does not req any skill. I can win a fight by outplaying someone or I can lookdown feint or point blank stab feint them, forcing them to block and get a free hit. Which is harder? Of course outplaying them without feinting. The key to feinting well is not to do it all the time, and in right hands feinting can be just way too op of a mechanic. If you don’t spam it and know how to force them to block you going to land that hit. Other example is picking fast weapon that they are forced to block fast, sure broad sword can only flash feint but broad sword also hits you nearly instantly, try not to early block that when they jump overhead you over lookdown overhead you or stab you.
    I am not trying to rant about how unfair feints are but I am tired of seeing people act like feints are just so fair and anyone who does not use them is a noob.

I am with Toll on this one. But not every class has a shield. The reason why feints work for you is because you dont use them. So when you rarely do it catches them off guard. You are doing it correctly and yes it takes skill to know when to use them. You are not spamming the feint like many that totally rely in it and even if you did there are easy counters to feint spammers by being more aggressive and maintaining distance. It is not because feints are unfair nor is it because some players choose not to use them. It is however noobs that tend to bitch the most about them being used successfully against them.

Everything you posted says skill. Even your limited use of it, is skill. Yet the other skills are obtaining the ability to predict and deal with a feint based on opponent’s playing style instead of constantly being caught by them then bitching about it. Most of those that are against it have failed to achieve the skills to predict feints thus they will continue to fall victim of their own incompetence.

I mostly play halberd, slow, predicable, and under powered. When fighting a very skilled opponent, a well placed feint is necessary in most cases for a victory. Yet because the weapon is so slow and predictable even the feints are relatively easy to read. This tends to be true with most all big and slow weapons. I still fall victim against a skilled spamming LMB or feint from archers and MMAs but this has more to do with the flawed parry system and the speed of those weapons than my ability to predict and handle a spams from those weapons.

• You can drag with halberd good thought, and yeah feint spammers are usually easy once you see one since you know they going to feint.