Brandistock Ban in Competitive Play

• Yes or no? Personally I hate the fucking thing. It can be dragged like a Zwei, but can be faster than a Norse. It can 2 shot Vanguards and Knights, and one-shot MaA and Archers. It is arguably the best weapon in the VG’s arsenal. The only other weapons that can compare are the Greatsword and the Halberd. Maybe the Polehammer if there are a ton of Knights on the enemy team.

It’s got high-range, high-damage, high-draggability, and high-speed. It literally has no disadvantages, and makes almost all of the other VG’s weapons obsolete.

• It’s slow.

Get up close and your opponent with his brandistock is f*cked.

• @Rickvs:

It’s slow.

Get up close and your opponent with his brandistock is f*cked.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. People can riposte with the LMB and turn into it, making it land faster than a Norse, and dealing a lot of damage. Clearly you’ve never fought someone who can use the Brandi. Please either remove your vote or change it because you have no idea what you’re talking about.

• @Flippy:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. People can riposte with the LMB and turn into it, making it land faster than a Norse, and dealing a lot of damage. Clearly you’ve never fought someone who can use the Brandi. Please either remove your vote or change it because you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Now you’re overreacting, so I’ll break this into small parts:

1. I DO know what I’m talking about. I’ve played with the brandistock alot not so long ago and I’ve fought alot of vanguards wielding it. “You have no idea what you’re talking about” is a ridiculous thing to say to someone you don’t even know.

2. I already said this; it’s a slow weapon. They can’t spam their attacks the way you’re making it seem so just either counter, dodge or be first to attack. As with every weapon there is a huge weakness and it’s clear you just haven’t found that one yet.

3. “Clearly you’ve never fought someone who can use the Brandi”. Such a silly thing to say. I wonder where you get your facts.

4. “Please either remove your vote or change it”. Now you’re just plain hillbilly-dumb. It’s a forum, this is a discussion, placed in the Competive TALK section, there’s a PUBLIC poll and your post starts with the question “Yes or no?”. I don’t even want to know what you were thinking here, but clearly you haven’t been on many forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you post a poll they are definitely allowed to show theirs.

5. “…because you have no idea what you’re talking about”. It was already a guess and in this case a false statement, stating it twice doesn’t make it more true, probably more like the contrary.

• @Rickvs:

2. I already said this; it’s a slow weapon.

Sorry but I disagree. The brandistock’s slash is a ridiculously useful flincher and can beat many weapons when a skilled user is wielding it. That buff alone made the brandi too powerful, IMO.

Brandistock has massive range, massive damage, effectively has 2 feint-able stab attacks and is extremely versatile with its capability to output a quick slash that, even if blocked, will knock you back far enough for the VG to start stabbing again.

Before it was buffed it could already be put to a great amount of good use by skilled players, and the buff it got was quite simply ridiculous, especially combined with other things that patch introduced like no chasing from the front and general VG knockback increase.

• @NabsterHax:

Sorry but I disagree. The brandistock’s slash is a ridiculously useful flincher and can beat many weapons when a skilled user is wielding it. That buff alone made the brandi too powerful, IMO.

Brandistock has massive range, massive damage, effectively has 2 feint-able stab attacks and is extremely versatile with its capability to output a quick slash that, even if blocked, will knock you back far enough for the VG to start stabbing again.

Before it was buffed it could already be put to a great amount of good use by skilled players, and the buff it got was quite simply ridiculous, especially combined with other things that patch introduced like no chasing from the front and general VG knockback increase.

Ah, that’s better. Some actual facts.
    While I agree with you on the fast swing and the unpredictable feints(as with any other spear or polearm) I find it hard to believe you can do quick damage without feints. Apart from the swings that are mainly meant for interrupting your opponent it’s hard to do any real damage as quickly as possible.

Also let’s not forget that a weapon like the Brandistock outside of competive play(so going sorta off-topic here) is quite hard to handle versus multiple opponents. And in a 1v1 shields are always an option.

• I guess there aren’t any good Brandi users in the Netherlands. If you came over here and saw Volks, Shack, or iControl use the Brandistock you’d cry about how OP it is. (I cry myself to sleep every night preparing for the Brandi nightmares) and they all agree it’s OP as balls. It can be used against multiple people very easily. I’ve seen Shack and Volks both win a 3v1 with the Brandi. Against other comp players in scrims.

Also the fact that it’s a slow weapon is not a disadvantage like you make it out to be. The stab and slash are insanely fast. But its thrust is so slow it can be dragged just as good as a Zwei. It has speed and has one of the best drags in the game.

• Stupidly OP; still less annoying than claymore.

• Forbidden weapons

Vanguard class:

Brandistock
    claymore
    pole hammer

Knight:

holy water sprinkler
    bearded axe
    norse sword
    maul
    grand mace

Man at arms:

hatchet
    norse sword
    quarterstaff
    holy water sprinkler
    broadsword
    firepot

• Anything to do with a van you know is op. I have written posts about that class before. My sword of war feels like a sword of concrete tbh. Ban that Brandistock, ban even thinking about a van and his Planet krytonian powers. ban the van!

• the EU community banns certain weapons from tournys, we should adopt their ideas.

• There are weapons (like the Sword of War) which are very anti-Vanguard and destroys Brandi. It is fast which makes the Brandi user defensive (unless they wanna trade a Knight, which would be dumb) which makes them more open to feints and other such tricks.

In scrims people should be ready to adapt their playstyle/loadout/strategies based off of their opponents. If the other team is heavy on Men at Arms be prepared to drop a knight or two for Vanguards with anti-MAA weapons (such as brandi), then in return the other team might drop a Man at Arms for a Knight. In my opinion most of the times when you lose engagements it’s less because of a weapon being overpowered and more because you have a bad Comp against what they’re running.

In a typical situation Brandi > MAA > SoW > Brandi etc.

I do agree that it needs to be slightly nerfed, though I also think that it would screw up the balance in an organized team fight if we started banning all the weapons we don’t like.

@int.r:

Forbidden weapons

Vanguard class:

Brandistock
    claymore
    pole hammer

Knight:

holy water sprinkler
    bearded axe
    norse sword
    maul
    grand mace

Man at arms:

hatchet
    norse sword
    quarterstaff
    holy water sprinkler
    broadsword
    firepot

I hope you’re joking.

• L those are some ridiculous weapon bans. The only weapon that I think is really OP and should be banned in both team and duel comp play is the Brandi. Literally the rest of those bans are just strong in duels. That’s over a 1/4 of the weapons in the game.

• @int.r:

the EU community banns certain weapons from tournys, we should adopt their ideas.

In EU no1 is treating that tournament seriously. Most weapons are banned and you can use throwing axes/knives. Sure it’s fun tournament but I definitely wouldn’t call it competitive.

I’m against banning any weapons or classes in tournaments.

• Lol comp play removes half the weapons? Glad I’ve turned down many clans, that list is ignorant.

There is a skill perspective of this game, almost like having a skill such as fighting in the real world. Usually people find a strategy that works well for them and they stick to it, when you get demolished by their strategy, while waiting to spawn, think about what they just did to you…analyze it and figure a way around their technique. If an MAA whooping up on you constantly waits for your opening fight attack, dodges backward, then stabs forward, stop opening attacking the MAA. Charge him and wait for him to panic, because you just flawed his strategy he’s use to winning with you now have the advantage and he’s out of a good bit of stamina. If an individual opens every fight with a feint, remember it and ignore the feint animation by throwing an attack as soon as you’re in range. This goes for any and all strategies.

You can change the battlefield and the way opponents approach you, find their technique and punish them for it. This is what I love about Chivalry, learn your enemy to dominate them. The best way to keep people from figuring you out, don’t do the same movements and attacks every fight. Catch yourself and switch it up. Same if you’re fighting in real life, you’ll notice people use what they know best works against opponents and once you figure that out you can begin predicting their next move, this CAN be applied to Chivalry or anything else in life or virtual gaming worlds.

• Brani is OP but archers melee is legit…. lols Laughable…

• The brandistock was perfectly fine before it’s buff a few months back. The #1 thing that makes it op right now is the ridiculously fast LMB that can flinch/hit trade a norse sword. You can say it’s disadvantage is it’s slow but that doesn’t make it balanced. The swing is fast enough to flinch and you can follow up with the weaker stab to force your opponent to go on the defensive. Add feints and it becomes impossible to predict its attacks. The overhead stab is the easiest attack to drag in the game (easier than the great sword’s new stab animation) and honestly i thought this was enough to make it a good weapon because i used to use it a ton before the buff and was extremely good at dragging it.

Back to the LMB swing, yes its main purpose is for flinching, but it still does a crazy amount of damage especially if it’s a headshot. I believe 3 LMBs kill a knight. 1 LMB and a weaker stab kills a maa. The brandistock has SO MANY options to go about killing someone now. Either slow down the LMB and maybe lower its dmg or at least revert it to the way it was before where it took SOME skill to use.

Also brandistock isn’t the only weapon that needs a nerf lolz.

• The brandistock was perfectly fine before it’s buff a few months back. The #1 thing that makes it op right now is the ridiculously fast LMB that can flinch/hit trade a norse sword. You can say it’s disadvantage is it’s slow but that doesn’t make it balanced. The swing is fast enough to flinch and you can follow up with the weaker stab to force your opponent to go on the defensive. Add feints and it becomes impossible to predict its attacks. The overhead stab is the easiest attack to drag in the game (easier than the great sword’s new stab animation) and honestly i thought this was enough to make it a good weapon because i used to use it a ton before the buff and was extremely good at dragging it.

Back to the LMB swing, yes its main purpose is for flinching, but it still does a crazy amount of damage especially if it’s a headshot. I believe 3 LMBs kill a knight. 1 LMB and a weaker stab kills a maa. The brandistock has SO MANY options to go about killing someone now. Either slow down the LMB and maybe lower its dmg or at least revert it to the way it was before where it took SOME skill to use.

Also brandistock isn’t the only weapon that needs a nerf lolz.

• I know people hate the idea of using misses. But missing one of your first attacks after you parry theirs is a way to get up really close. Feint and drag that SOB from up close. Sprinting fowards while doing it of course.

And you can see the LMB coming for miles too.

Swing and miss. No one uses that tactics. I’ve heard people say its nooby. But you want to kill those brandistock users don’t you??

• Lol, just see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRBG24endw

Polearm are more broken than brandi.