Brandistock Ban in Competitive Play

• I don’t think banning it is the best idea to be honest. I absolutely hate it (i’ll hot-waterbottle the fuck out of your body when I kill you if you point that thing at me.), and it shits me that so many people are swapping to it. The people that use it know it’s ezimode, and for that their reputation takes a hit. Also brandi users can hit-trade with SoW knights pretty effectively, it’s a 2 hit game for both parties.

• @LTTLWLF:

The people that use it know it’s ezimode, and for that their reputation takes a hit.

Well, then… :(

• @Shack:

It’s okay Shack, I’m sure he’s referring to he hipsters who saw the amazing feats you and Volks could perform with it.

Shack & Volks, greatest Brandistocks in the world!

• @Shack:

Fear not, Shack the magnficent, the mighty, the menace, I speak of those that used to play other classes and loadouts, then opted to switch to the brandistock over the last month or so after people started figuring out how powerful it became. I have complete respect for those who’ve stuck with it through and through, same with anyone else that’s loyal to their weapon.

• I don’t like the idea about banning a weapon, cause we shouldn’t really ever need to get to the point where we need to ban a weapon from competitive play, but sadly it appears that we must take action into our own hand since Torn Banner Studios IS NOT capable of balancing weapons in a fair way, regardless of the fact that several competitive players out there has offered some of their time to share their opinion about certain weapon, so that we may get the game balanced, also since Torn Banner Studios has no clue how to do so, we have to sadly go to the point where we have to make a modification of the game and splitt the player base, or that we just simply ban the weapon.

I just think its all silly, it shouldn’t be so. I believe they don’t care if a weapon is broken, cause it is usually only broken in the hands of an experienced player, which are not the part of the players Torn Banner seeks to please. Torn Banner already has their money tree from casual players playing the game, and casual players wouldn’t care how the Brandistock really is since most wouldn’t know how to use it ‘abusive’ as we strong players do.

overall silly idea, but probably neccesary since the developer team can’t do anything.

Also makes no freaking sense why Tibberious bane decided to Buff Bearded axe damage when we whined over it being too fast and very desyncronized, so instead of fixing the weapon. . . He decided to make the weapon even more powerful while leaving it broken.

Same no sense with when they made Norse Sword have 0.35 windups, and several other weapon buffs that were pretty lame, I think he pretty much calls all the shots, and I don’t think he knows his own game as much as we whom use countless of hours into the game. but yeah, that’s my rant about that I don’t think Chivalry ever could be balanced by the developer team, we have to take this to our own hands and ban or modify the game to balance it out.

• Hell lets all use fists and be done with all this girly talk. And who needs armour or shields ? Lets have a patch, Chivalry Stoneage Warfare !

• @The:

Hell lets all use fists and be done with all this girly talk. And who needs armour or shields ? Lets have a patch, Chivalry Stoneage Warfare !

Fire OP pls nerf.

• @Darden:

stuff

it could 2 shot knights if they were both headshots, yes.

But it got both the LMB speed buff (massive), and the fast stab speed buff by 0.1 seconds too (which is also pretty massive).

Are you forgetting how strong spear was in comparison before the buff?

The strongest point of the brandistock was the range and draggability. Once the buff happened, it got much more popular, everyone started using it, so everyone learned to drag well with it. Except for the people that just abuse the LMBs with it, because that seems perfectly viable with the weapon right now too.

Sure, buff the LMBs for the spears to make it good for interrupting, but only if it does shitty damage, like 10 damage.

• @NoVaLombardia:

it could 2 shot knights if they were both headshots, yes.

But it got both the LMB speed buff (massive), and the fast stab speed buff by 0.1 seconds too (which is also pretty massive).

Are you forgetting how strong spear was in comparison before the buff?

The strongest point of the brandistock was the range and draggability. Once the buff happened, it got much more popular, everyone started using it, so everyone learned to drag well with it. Except for the people that just abuse the LMBs with it, because that seems perfectly viable with the weapon right now too.

Sure, buff the LMBs for the spears to make it good for interrupting, but only if it does shitty damage, like 10 damage.

Hahaha, good point with the 10 damage. But i said the brandi was very strong befor the buff to damage and the lmb. now its ridiculous. i mean befor facehugging was prob. the best thing to do against brandi, and now its uhm, idk :/ its just too fast, thats why im not using it.

• I remeber when on the one server i allways played almost noone used it. I was good with it.