Big castle attack map to hard for attackers

• The big castle attack map where you have to torch the wheat fields, market and granary and eventually push a bomb cart forward, is at the moment much to hard for the attacking team, i have been playing the early access for a week now and i haven’t seen the defending team win once. :?

• im prty sure the devs know it and going to fix it even i heared ( not being in this game yet) alot complains n stuff about htat nobody XD ever managed to get to objective 2 or something.
    well its always good to mention need to fix stuff….

• That map is perfectly balanced… :?

• I think burning the farm is pretty easy with a little teamwork. It’s really hard to kill one guy throwing torches with his team defending him.

For the pushing part of the objective, though, I think there needs to be a third spawn area somewhere between the current two (like at the stables, that would be a good one) - the defending team starts spawning there, and once the bomb is pushed near the area the defending team is pushed back and the attacking team spawns there. Currently the spawns are just too far apart, which basically means the attacking team gets to push the bomb for free through half the push, but near the end they have to run very far while the defending team can easily push them back and have time to respawn by the time they get to the bomb.

• Precisely, its easy with the torch throwing business, but once the teams come to that bomb cart, it’s over for the attacking team, you can only win if you have a team that has allot more players on it or one that stomps over the other team, but the map should be balanced in a way that both sides have a good chance in winning. Defenders have it easy when that cart is getting closer, they have to run just a little bit out of their spawn area to stop that cart coming up hill.

• @SlyGoat:

I think burning the farm is pretty easy with a little teamwork. It’s really hard to kill one guy throwing torches with his team defending him.

For the pushing part of the objective, though, I think there needs to be a third spawn area somewhere between the current two (like at the stables, that would be a good one) - the defending team starts spawning there, and once the bomb is pushed near the area the defending team is pushed back and the attacking team spawns there. Currently the spawns are just too far apart, which basically means the attacking team gets to push the bomb for free through half the push, but near the end they have to run very far while the defending team can easily push them back and have time to respawn by the time they get to the bomb.

Agreed

• Attackers seem to have trouble with respawns on a lot of maps, actually. I can’t quite put my finger on the difference from AoC - it was the same there, attacking team spawned very far away and defenders practically on top of the objective most of the time, but the attacking team won more often than not, whereas in Chivalry the defenders almost always take most of the maps.

Darkforest is usually a shutout on the cart pushing, because once it gets close to the other team’s spawn you have to face two waves for every one wave you can throw at them - but if it gets beyond the cart pushing, the rest of the objectives feel pretty balanced - the cistern takes some coordination, but it doesn’t take long to capture, and slaying the peasant royals is mainly about suicide rushes to takedown the barricades after which you can just murder them with fire.

Hillside is IMO the most balanced map at the moment, I see defense and offense win relatively the same amount when I play it. There are some areas that are tough for offense - the pyre can be hard if the defenders can keep you pushed to spawn, because you’ll face the same problem of two waves for every one of yours, and taking the treb closest to the defenders’ spawn can be tough as well, but the final objective is almost painfully easy, so once you get past these rough patches you can almost always win it (kinda like darkforest but less difficult early on)

Stoneshill… well, it’s gotten better on the initial objective since the spawn area was changed, but the second and third are still total shutouts. The ram is so defensible, both because of spawn distance for offense and the three pots of oil and two ballistae - you’ll rarely live long enough to get more than a single tick on the bar when you’re using the ram, and that’s not even considering that you have to push the ram to the gate in the first place. And then there’s the final objective - the king is extremely bulky, having an effective health of 600, and the throne room is very defensible. This is especially painful on low playercount servers, where the king can almost solo your whole team if he’s any good (which he usually is, being the highest scorer on the team). I think the king’s regeneration should be scaled down. It seems that in addition to having 3x the health of a normal player, he also regenerates 3x as fast to give him the same % health per tick, which makes him impossible to wear down; you have to kill him in one push, but again you’re facing constant respawns from defense with slow reinforcements on your side.

I have seen offense win stoneshill twice that I can remember - and since I’ve already logged 100 hours in Chivalry and mostly play TO, that’s saying a lot.