Reasonable Things Community List

• Hello, I’ve been playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare the day of it’s release and I’ve also recently picked up Deadliest Warrior to much of my surprise is a very fun game. I do notice there is a lot missing and it seems that the community’s voice is not being exactly heard.

I am starting a “reasonable things” list for the community in our to present our communities mindset. In order to have your idea/request on the list, you must give your idea, followed by a detailed explanation on how it would benefit the game. Two users must then “nominate” your post in a reply. I will skim over all the posts when I have time and add each idea/request accordingly.

The list will be divided into four categories: Balance, Aesthetics, Features, and Other with each category having a listing of 25. items each. I will occasionally bump this thread in when I have the time to come in an update the list.

To get this started off I will list a few of my reasonable requests. Feel free to submit your own in this thread! :)

My Reasonable Balance Requests:

1. Ninja Shuriken
    I feel that there are certain “class specific weapons” that could use a buff. First off, I feel that “nerfing” creates more problems while “buffing” solves problems and creates less problems than nerfing. At the top of my head I feel that the ninja shuriken is entirely too weak. I don’t mean in term of powers but I’m referring to the amount of shurikens you can hold. Pirates get 8 bullets, samurai get 10 arrows, knights get 5 crossbow arrowes, and the lightest and squishiest class gets 4 shurikens? I personally feel that if the amount held were increased to 6 it would make the shuriken that much more viable.

2. Samurai Bow
    If you couldn’t tell, I love ranged items. I feel that the samurai bow is very weak and unreliable at times. To compensate I recommend that the damage of the bow be increased by a small percentage and the ammo reduced from 10 to 8. This would increase the viability of the bow while still keeping it in check by reducing the ammo.

3. Ninja Sickle
    This sickle is by far one of the most difficult items to use for a ninja. You’ve managed to put the weapon with the shortest amount of range with the class that can get severely punished for missing just one attack. I feel if the range were slightly increased is would see more use by the community.

4. Spartan’s Armor Stat
    With the spartan being one of the most tankiest classes in the game. I feel that either one of these two options should occur, reduce the damage stats the spartan can do while increasing the armor; or, decrease the armor stat while increasing the damage stats. The spartan’s true tanking ability is through his shield due to it being so large. If the Spartan’s “body armor” stat was reduced, this would force the Spartan to be more mindful of his positioning on the battlefield.

–- that’s all I have for now ^.^

I do want to make one last comment to Torn Banner that I feel that instead of getting excited over new projects, you should focus on polishing each game. I feel there is a lot that could be expanded upon in medieval warfare and deadliest warrior. By saying that every role has been filled it some bit of hilarity as I’ve yet to see a support focused class type of warrior or a status effecting focused type of warrior. I mean you could consider the pirate a support class as almost every pirate stays in the back of a fight… >_> regardless, please finish polishing your games before moving on to other projects.

Thank you! :)

• @Soliqe:

1. Ninja Shuriken
    I feel that there are certain “class specific weapons” that could use a buff. First off, I feel that “nerfing” creates more problems while “buffing” solves problems and creates less problems than nerfing. At the top of my head I feel that the ninja shuriken is entirely too weak. I don’t mean in term of powers but I’m referring to the amount of shurikens you can hold. Pirates get 8 bullets, samurai get 10 arrows, knights get 5 crossbow arrowes, and the lightest and squishiest class gets 4 shurikens? I personally feel that if the amount held were increased to 6 it would make the shuriken that much more viable.

Definitely not. 4 is a solid number. They’re not meant to be used as true ranged weapons. They’re meant to be used for finishing enemies off, or to flinch an enemy. They’re lucky they have 4, personally I think 2 would be better. And I almost main ninja.

@Soliqe:

2. Samurai Bow
    If you couldn’t tell, I love ranged items. I feel that the samurai bow is very weak and unreliable at times. To compensate I recommend that the damage of the bow be increased by a small percentage and the ammo reduced from 10 to 8. This would increase the viability of the bow while still keeping it in check by reducing the ammo.

No, it’s not weak or unreliable. It’s amazing when you’re playing in massive servers and there’s 10+ samurai all using it. It’s very powerful for them considering they have no shield, it brings out their versatile asset more. They don’t need any more ammo, and they definitely don’t need any more damage. It’s not meant to be used like in MW, it’s really devastating in large groups.

@Soliqe:

3. Ninja Sickle
    This sickle is by far one of the most difficult items to use for a ninja. You’ve managed to put the weapon with the shortest amount of range with the class that can get severely punished for missing just one attack. I feel if the range were slightly increased is would see more use by the community.

The sickle is actually pretty sweet at what it’s supposed to do: kill an enemy from their back as fast as possible before they can react to you. I don’t think it needs a range increase, rather a speed increase would further its purpose.

@Soliqe:

4. Spartan’s Armor Stat
    With the spartan being one of the most tankiest classes in the game. I feel that either one of these two options should occur, reduce the damage stats the spartan can do while increasing the armor; or, decrease the armor stat while increasing the damage stats. The spartan’s true tanking ability is through his shield due to it being so large. If the Spartan’s “body armor” stat was reduced, this would force the Spartan to be more mindful of his positioning on the battlefield.

I don’t think they need any more damage or armor, but they could use some less resistance against either piercing or slashing IMO. I like how you want them to be focused on their shield, and I agree. They should have a clear weakness.

• Global Moderator

The yumi is a little weak against pirates. But then a small pierce damage reduction nerf to pirates would solve it. Or whatever damage type the yumi bow does.

A Spartans weakness is the right mouse button and their low manoeuvrability. Espicially while attacking. Spartans are wry good against samurai and pirates. And are very weak against ninja. A ninja who knows how to play anyway. Not many exploit their weaknesses and they are often in groups. People just don’t know how to beat them. Spears are less draggabble in DW and they have no swing attack.

• Spartan can already cut through pretty much anything if you have a skilled player behind him. He can be easily cut down by a skilled opponent, or he can bash and stab and slash the shit out of you before you can really fight back much. Each class is supposed to have its niche, and I think Spartan, compared to Knight, is a riskier tank that can be downed a bit easier, and has to learn to adapt to a shield, but that has a more offensive style and can clear an entire server if played right. Knight on the other hand is big and slow with wide arcing attacks, and feels right out of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Ninja, Samurai, Viking, Pirate, Knight and Spartan are all capable of defeating one-another on a regular basis, and balance-wise, I think the game is in a pretty good spot for the most part. The debates only come in on the forums when everyone is arguing theory and throwing text at each other, but in-game is a different experience.

Ninjas getting more shurikens? Hell no. Most Ninjas already spam them in close range. It’s not a ranged weapon in its primary function.
    Samurai hardly need a bow in the first place, never mind buffing the damage and making them a ranged class.
    The Sickle doesn’t need a buff, you just need to practice with it. Most of my deaths to Ninja are from experienced players using it.
    Spartan’s armour sits pretty comfortably where it is, although I swear sometimes ninjas take three quarters of my health in one swing. The shield is pretty nice right now, it would be hard to add more attacks with it without a ton of keybinds or less control over which swing you use, but it would be fun to have new ways to bash people to death.

• Global Moderator

The sickle does take almost 3 quarters of the Spartans health. Two hit overheads them no headshots.

The spartan is pretty much a shock trooper. Massive amounts of damage in one short go. They are great at charging and are good defenders when charged. People are too aggressive when coming against a spartan. So the spartan can get good hits in because of people’s silliness. Also in team game modes they inflict less team damage against teammates. Also lots of fast spears mean its almost impossible for someone to launch an attack against them. Though their lines can be disrupted and they crumble. Knights can do this because of their health and some of them have shields. Ninjas have the most success and can sneak up unnoticed. I listen I footsteps tons in game and ninjas don’t make any. Though in large numbers ninja run around going “shh” all the time so it defeats the purpose. But if they parry and use the roll they can overwhelm a bunch of Spartans. Vikings could probably do this but you really need a two hander or high agility ad many Of them take jav hits when they try throwing their weapons. Samurai get destroyed by Spartans as they have no defence against the javelins or good enough ranged attack an the Spartans have shields anyway. Pirates also get owned by an even larger margin. Often without killing one spartan in LTS. As when they get in melee after the spartan charge many still have their guns out or try and run.

• @Oy:

I think Spartan, compared to Knight, is a riskier tank that can be downed a bit easier, and has to learn to adapt to a shield, but that has a more offensive style and can clear an entire server if played right.

I can play Spartan with my eyes closed with the tier 3 sword that overheads with LMB. Spartan is far too strong defensively and offensively.

• @trooper:

I can play Spartan with my eyes closed with the tier 3 sword that overheads with LMB. Spartan is far too strong defensively and offensively.

Haha against who? The scrubbiest of pubbers?

Spartan is so simple to defeat. Sidestepping spears becomes easy with some practice. Forcing offense to get the Spartan blocking allows you constant free hits post-kick. The best thing the Spartan has going for it is throwing the Dory, and the shield bash animations (which are also simple as hell to defend against after practice unless they’re snuck up on you.)

You can’t balance the game based on your own subjective encounters (obviously steamrolling noobs as the Spartan.) You have to balance the game around the peak of the skill ceiling. Currently every class has the correct tools to take down Spartans (especially since they’re forced to carry a shield, which is more a hindrance than anything.) It’s just that you’re not playing any real competition.

• @trooper:

What? No. You are basing balance on subjective experience. You steamrolling noobs in pubs is not grounds for balance. The game must be balance around highly skilled matchups.

Any class can deal with the Spartan. Kicking the shield allows a free hit every time, and as long as he is offensive, alt’ing and sidestabbing around the shield is just as simple as it ever was. ESPECIALLY if he’s trying to use a spear (which the game speed, after some practice you can sidestep any stab attack in the game with ease.) Also aside from shield-bashing, I’d say the thing is more hindrance than help.

• @trooper:

Against who, might I ask? Random inexperienced pub players? The Spartan, in my experience, is hardly too strong in either field (when playing against actual competitive players.) You can’t just suggest balance because something’s good at pub-stomping. Should we chat about this?

• Global Moderator

The spartan is probably the best pub stomper. Doesn’t make it OP though.

• Ninjas are gay

• Knight is the only class I occasionally have to hit a third time for the kill with the Kama. I love that weapon, by no means weak in my mind. Claws, on the other hand, are probably a little behind the rest of the Ninja arsenal - and both the utility secondaries are too situational to legitimize taking them over the almighty shuriken.

• Global Moderator

@SlyGoat:

Knight is the only class I occasionally have to hit a third time for the kill with the Kama. I love that weapon, by no means weak in my mind. Claws, on the other hand, are probably a little behind the rest of the Ninja arsenal - and both the utility secondaries are too situational to legitimize taking them over the almighty shuriken.

Claws I find to be the hardest to block out of all the ninja weapons.

• @SlyGoat:

Knight is the only class I occasionally have to hit a third time for the kill with the Kama.

Ninja being able to 2-shot every class is just retarded.

• Global Moderator

@Oy:

Ninja being able to 2-shot every class is just retarded.

Exactly. That’s why ninja doesn’t two shot every class.

• @lemonater47:

Exactly. That’s why ninja doesn’t two shot every class.

As Slygoat just said, "Knight is the only class I occasionally have to hit a third time for the kill with the Kama. I love that weapon, by no means weak in my mind."
    You’re like BB except not as smart.

• Global Moderator

Well that’s only one weapon with overhead headshots involved. Boarding axe does the same thing with overhead headshots.