Kimi's Server Broke My Game D:

• **SOLVED
    **For posterity’s sake, here’s what I did: I tried every fix I could find here and elsewhere on the net and nothing seemed to work. What finally fixed the crashing was as follows: I first uninstalled all local Chivalry content from Steam. To confirm, I made sure that the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare” and “C:\Users<name>\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare” folders were deleted. Next, I navigated to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam” and deleted everything EXCEPT for Steam.exe and the “steamapps” and “userdata” folders.

Next I ran Steam.exe, waited for the files to download, logged in and reinstalled Chivalry. Lastly, I made sure no overlay programs like Mumble were running, closed down Steam, ran the x32 UDK.exe binary as Administrator and viola! Game started with no crash. I then had to close out of Chivalry and start it from Steam to be able to access servers.

Hopefully this will help someone else out there with this frustrating problem.

keywords: crash ctd on startup load splash screen filename not found UDK.exe crashing stopped working windows encountered an error x32 x64 how to fix solved

Hi.

So earlier I saw Kimi’s custom map rotation server. I’d never played on it before, so I double-clicked on it and then waited for 22 files to download. Immediately upon the last file being downloaded, my game crashed.

Upon restarting the game, it crashed during the Unreal splash animation. I tried several more times and it would again crash either there or at the Torn Banner splash.

I tried:

• running from the UDK directly, both x32 and x64 as administrator
    • deleting the My_Games/Chivalry_Medieval_Warfare folder in Documents and then verifying the game cache in Steam
    • reinstalling
    • updating DirectX and my Nvidia drivers
    • the other suggestions in the stickied mega thread

NOPE, nada. Kimi, you broke my Chivalry D: What do?</name>

• Edit post:

Here’s the tail end of my log file (I can post the entire thing if requested).

[0027.85] Log: Read config file: ..\..\UDKGame\Config\UDKGameUDK.ini[0027.85] Log: Read config file: ..\..\UDKGame\Config\UDKInputDefaults.ini
    [0027.85] Log: Read config file: ..\..\UDKGame\Config\UDKWeaponDefaults.ini
    [0027.85] Log: Read config file: ..\..\UDKGame\Config\WrangleContent.ini
    [0028.23] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
    [0028.23] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.'
    [0028.23] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
    [0028.23] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.'
    [0039.25] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Fatal error!

Address = 0x2792677  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x2790264  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

But that file definitely is there.

• Glad you got the game sorted :)

By the looks of it you pretty much reinstalled the game files/configs and half of the steam configs too, so I suppose it could have been a corrupted client registry blob in steam or something odd in the chivalry configs or corrupt game data/downlaoded workshop files.