My FPS Needs Help, Even After SmoothFrameRate Boost

• Hello,

This may be a thread you all get here often but upon searching for it I couldn’t find it so here goes.

I’m really new to this game and like many others, am having trouble with a low fps rate. I went into my config file And have both my smooth frame rates false but that only helped a little. My FPS (how do I check that by the way?) is still low and I’ve been staying on local servers when I have gone online. For the most part though, I’ve just been creating games with bots to check out how the changes were affecting this.

I’ve turned ragdoll and blood to zero and turned most of the quality down. Also, whenever I’d try to play I’d always do it in 800x600 just to try and help it along.

Anyway, I bought this game for 2 other friends as a Christmas present hoping we could all play this together so any and all help showing me how to fix this would be much appreciated.

My specs are: Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz (it says there are 4 of these under Processors in Device Manager.

RAM 6.00GB

64Bit

What I’m assuming the graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 4000.

I’m pretty newby when it comes to computers so if I need to provide more info just let me know.

Thanks a lot guys,

-Tom Bombadil

• You ain’t gonna get better performance with that crappy laptop I’m afraid. Crappy for gaming at least.

The graphics card is horrible and its integrated it is at actually a graphics card but its part of your CPU. Also your CPU isn’t powerful either and scrapes the minimum. That intel 4000 you have is below the minimum settings. You could try over liking your CPU it goes up to 3.10GHz with its turbo boost (you can may happy make it to higher) but all that will probably do is melt your computer as your intel 4000 graphics holds it game.

If you are gonna have a laptop to play games on make sure it has “Dedicated graphics” and a CPU that’s over 3.0GHz preferably intel and if you can quad core. You can’t really go wrong if you search for a new laptop one that’s advertised with those words.

• The game is playable for me, on a lower res I get 30-60 fps. I followed some guide that made everything the lowest settings possible in the .ini files, forgot what it was. All your stats BUT the video card are higher than my laptop.

I dunno Unreal engine just seems to have bad optimization, and looks REAL ugly in its lowest settings. Like for how poorly it is running it should look better imo…

• The Intel HD Graphics 4000 is an integrated component of your CPU.

Do you have a graphics card or is the 4000 the only thing you’ve got? Because that thing is shit for gaming, you wouldn’t be able to play most 2010 games onwards.

• @DokB:

The Intel HD Graphics 4000 is an integrated component of your GPU.

Do you have a graphics card or is the 4000 the only thing you’ve got? Because that thing is shit for gaming, you wouldn’t be able to play most 2010 games onwards.

You mean CPU. You don’t want to confuse the guy.

• Mistake on my half, but the point is it really isn’t built for gaming.

• @DokB:

Mistake on my half, but the point is it really isn’t built for gaming.

And as a reply to all, I mean I can play all gmod games just fine on steam and I’ve played a few mmo’s on here. I do realize the laptop isn’t optimal for gaming. My other toshiba crashed last year a week or so after the warrantee went out and I didn’t have time to shop around online so I reluctantly went to Best Buy and got what I could afford at that moment.

I’m not seeing anything else as far as a graphics card…nope. That’s it. So you’re saying I shouldn’t be able to play most current games with that?

If there are any little things I can do to boost it in any way I’d appreciate it. I’m trying to learn for myself but also for my other two friends when they get the game.

• Type in: SCALE LOWEND
    in your console then adjust your in game settings. IF that is not enough then go to my many ini tweak posts. Just search for tweaks.

• Lets see if a reply works this time. I replied to these posts the day they were made but I suppose that first 2 post rule kind of messed it up?

Oh well. Anyway I appreciate the help folks. I didn’t want to seem rude and ungrateful.

• a toaster is a toaster is a toaster

• @50ShadesofClay:

a toaster is a toaster is a toaster

Are we talking Cylons here?