Servers and newcomers

• So apparently the Steamsales created a flood of newcomers, I found no server with more high- than lowlevelers.
    At first it didn’t bother me, it was like lawn mowing. But in the meantime it annoys me.

They won’t kick high pingers. They won’t kick teamkillers.
    And all of them retardswing and teamkill intentional a lot.

I’m sick of getting teamdamaged all the time, being votekicked or fighting laggers.

To the lags: Sure there are servers with ping limits, but what is this?

What is the ping limit? 300? There even was a guy with 220ping, I tried to votekick him, spamming the chat that he’s lagging, ofc it failed.

There are servers for lowlevelers. Why are there no servers for highlevelers? Or am I blind?
    I’m from EU, Germany. Do you have any server suggestions? I don’t want to wait until they all became good or stopped playing the game.

Greetings from an angry highleveler :mad-new:

• Just stay as far away from your team as possible. It’s a good time to practice with the archer. Don’t get too upset with the noobs, in a week most of them will not be playing anymore, and the rest will not be so bad anymore.

• Sadly TBS still haven’t given us simple and efficient admin tools. They dont even use them on their own server. Thus there is no high ping limit kicker on most of the servers. I still havent been able to get BigBrotherBot to work on my servers. So I wouldnt expect it to change anytime soon. The best thing is to play on a well admined clan server. You can also friend up many clans members so that if you are on their server you can PM them to help admin. or, Join a clan and get admin and you can help solve much of these problems.

This is impossible with the official servers unless you friend up their admins but they are few and far between. You are more than welcome to play on the Kila Thunderdome servers if the ping is good for ya.

• Hahahaha, you are complaining about that? Try playing in any server in AUS, we would be lucky to have players with pings like that. We usually spend more time kicking players for ping than actually playing sometimes, and most of those players have 300+ ping at least.

But yes, I do agree that proper working admin tools are needed. A ping auto kick has been needed for a while and as for the Team damage, have some patience, they are just learning after all. If it gets to much play further away from your team.
    We have to remember, that most of us on the forums were lucky enough to all be the same level when we started playing, now noobs have to try and learn amongst seasoned veterans and it isn’t easy.

• We have been wanting a ping kick for ages making threads and the like. Yet TB don’t think its a priority.

Why torn banner do you constantly decide not to make a working ping kick as a simple server config.

• How about they enforce regions in their server browser (by default). Sick of playing with 300+ pingers.
    WTF is the official singapore server so fucking popular with americans? Does it float to the top of the server browser for some reason?

• A ping limit that is higher than 120 doesn’t make any sense. Afaik there were High-level-servers but no one played on them (Kimiko said so once). A server with 120 ping-limit for players over rank 30 would be my dream. For some reason most players like to farm pubs though

• @afiNity:

A ping limit that is higher than 120 doesn’t make any sense. Afaik there were High-level-servers but no one played on them (Kimiko said so once). A server with 120 ping-limit for players over rank 30 would be my dream. For some reason most players like to farm pubs though

Well maybe in the US and EU. But in places Australia (middle of no where) it would have to be nearer 200. Just because the Internet is so shitty. Also there are less people playing because there less people live here. So they come from far and wide. And then there’s Western Australia.

Its pretty funny though on a New South Wales server (a state in Aus) I get lower ping where I am in New Zealand than people actually living in New South Wales. That’s how bad the Internet is over there. And I’m 2500 kilometres away.

• @jrmftw:

… and as for the Team damage, have some patience, they are just learning after all…

That’s true. Nevertheless I have sometimes the feeling as if CMW is their first online game they have ever played…

• @INerevar:

That’s true. Nevertheless I have sometimes the feeling as if CMW is their first online MELEE game they have ever played…

There fixed it for you.

• I swear it is the first team based game these people have played. I mean, when you join a game, and are presented with the option to join the RED or the BLUE side (you really can’t miss this, it’s pretty clear), wouldn’t you figure out that there might be teams in this game? Possibly? You might think that maybe it’s not deathmatch?

Nope. These people can’t figure out red vs. blue.

• Well, face it. Now the community is split up there are not many full games on MW, so people of all kinds of countries join in on for example TO maps. Resulting in games full of high pings. I have a feeling this will kill the game in the end

• As long as the noobs’ pings are okay I’m happy. New players means the community is growing and that’s something Chivalry needs. Being team hit occasionally is better than the game dieing.

• I wouldn’t say growing, as all the evidence points to more players leaving and not playing than new players are playing

• @INerevar:

What is the ping limit? 300? There even was a guy with 220ping, I tried to votekick him, spamming the chat that he’s lagging, ofc it failed.

But really, bro, I mean, PLEASE. You have it easy.
    Look at this. This is what happens at night time here on the singapore servers. Witness hell.

• need to add 2 voice commands

1.) stop hitting me i’m on your fucking team

2.) get the hell out of my way

• and dudeface, fuck all that i would just go play something else if that’s what it came down to. Those pings are unplayable.

• I’m just waiting for the next multiplayer game that grabs my attention to move on. This is pretty much unbearable, and nobody is going to fix anything.

• @dudeface:

But really, bro, I mean, PLEASE. You have it easy.
    Look at this. This is what happens at night time here on the singapore servers. Witness hell.

Holy shit. Its like the worlds retards decided to come to the same server. Only 5 people on that server should be there.

Torn banner needs to solve this. Leaking the official admin password could work. Though putting some effort into making a ping kick would be better.

• @dudeface:

I’m just waiting for the next multiplayer game that grabs my attention to move on. This is pretty much unbearable, and nobody is going to fix anything.

We have a similar situation in Australia with laggers, and i feel the same way, if it isn’t fixed by the time something better pops up… cya later chivalry