Haven't played in forever, how's the game?

• Obviously I’m not talking about the expansion. I heard its terribly balanced. When I left, stamina changes finally made Van viable but they were reverted to a higher level a patch later. MAA remained the king of duels as always, and Knights were in one of their weakest states in duels.

Did feints get removed or fixed yet? That’s the one thing I hated about the game, how much luck was added in with feints. I also hated how you had to play the game in 120 fov b/c of the bizarre design decision to make a melee game Fpv.

• Pubs are still pubs.

Comp scene is dead apparently.

MaA is OP

Archer is OP

Vanguard is OP

Knight is OP (just kidding)

Catapult is OP

Left mouse is OP.

Steam sale

MUH STAMINA

BUUUUUGS

BUBBLE

BUBBLE

BUBBLE

• I hope no feints becomes competitive standard, but did pro Chivalry die already? Didn’t they have their own client and everything? Of course it didn’t help that they reverted to one of the least balanced era’s of Chivalry.

• @theuprising:

I hope no feints becomes competitive standard, but did pro Chivalry die already? Didn’t they have their own client and everything? Of course it didn’t help that they reverted to one of the least balanced era’s of Chivalry.

Promod died too. And yes it wasn’t exactly a great idea going back to an even more unbalanced version of chivalry just so there was no bubble and there was CTPF.

But there’s chivalry+ which adds new maps and tweaks the games balance and features instead of reverting it. Don’t know what’s going on with that at the moment.

• Not sure when you last played but larger stamina cost to cancelling attacks (ie; feinting) and a limit on what part of the wind up you can feint in. I’m not sure on the exact details but I’ve barely heard any complaining about feinting any more.

That or maybe people have finally come to accept it as part of the game.

• People bitch just as much as before the nerf. The only thing that changed is that clan-players started to bitch as well (before it was only pubbers who complained about feints)

• Game’s still at one of its worst points without feint to parry/combo feint to parry and still has recovery parry. But if you don’t like feints at all and believe it’s luck based, then you should only play during Steam sales so you can have fun pubbing the noobs. Chivalry isn’t your kind of competitive game if you don’t like feints. MaAs and archers are still very OP. Vanguards are just annoying to play as and against. Knights have a rough time pubbing, but are still solid at duels in some cases.

• @SOC:

Vanguards are just annoying to play as and against.

Could you explain?

• @DokB:

Not sure when you last played but larger stamina cost to cancelling attacks (ie; feinting) and a limit on what part of the wind up you can feint in. I’m not sure on the exact details but I’ve barely heard any complaining about feinting any more.

That or maybe people have finally come to accept it as part of the game.

In a game where you die in 2-3 hits, your block not working whenever the enemy decides to press feint is unacceptable. In games with more hp it could be called mind games, but with such low hp it just adds in a crap load of luck you might as well be playing poker.

• Didn’t intend to start a feint discussion, but saying things like “block not working” and comparing it to a game of poker (which is slightly ironic because you still need insight as well as a forever changing game plan based on the cards and what your opponent does in poker) is silly. A feint in Chivalry is supposed to fool your opponent into blocking early. You act as if there is nothing you can do to prevent falling for feints.

@”Silu”:

Could you explain?

Brandistock, polearm tracers, buggy charge range/speed, knockback etc. etc.

• @theuprising:

Obviously I’m not talking about the expansion. I heard its terribly balanced.

Hahaha, as a rank 46 in Chivalry, my opinion is that the Deadliest Warrior expansion is better balanced and more fun than Modern Warfare, just lacks a bit of polish. It’s basically a lot of the stuff we all wanted for MW but that we’d never expect to actually get in.

• @Oy:

and more fun than Modern Warfare, just lacks a bit of polish.

bruh, you trippin

• It’s in pretty poor shape I would say, for stated reasons. Still rather enjoyable, tho!

• @DokB:

Brandistock, polearm tracers, buggy charge range/speed, knockback etc. etc.

Thx, but that covers the ‘annoying to play against’ part. What about ‘annoying to play as’? Or these are the reasons too?

• I can confirm that playing brandistock is not annoying in any way x)

• @afiNity:

I can confirm that playing brandistock is not annoying in any way x)

Well unless you have a brandistock and your opponent has a normal spear. Longer, faster same HTK against you. Then the brandistock becomes annoying. Unless you opponent is an idiot.

• @theuprising:

In a game where you die in 2-3 hits, your block not working whenever the enemy decides to press feint is unacceptable. In games with more hp it could be called mind games, but with such low hp it just adds in a crap load of luck you might as well be playing poker.

god what is wrong with you pls stop suggesting

• @theuprising:

You just suck at reading feints man. :/ Work on your reaction skills, or learn to punish them.

• Why do you people say DW is unbalanced? Literally every class and weapon is constantly called OP almost equally much…

• @B4RK:

Why do you people say DW is unbalanced? Literally every class and weapon is constantly called OP almost equally much…

This^. Almost every weapon has been called overpowered. And some of those weapons have also been called underpowered at the same.

If everything is OP then the game is balanced.

My only real weapon balance issue is that mace stabs are super fast. But that’s a ridiculously minor balance issue.