Kicking people in FFA

• I am fed up of the amount of times I get kicked for either being first place in FFA or because a group of friends decide to take over a server. Could you please improve kick vote in FFA, I suggest unless in severe cases such as verbal abuse, glitching or hacking and also make the vote percentage based on players present not the amount of votes cast because if two players decides to kick you and the other 5 don’t vote at all. This would reduce the amount to random or rage kicks , if its for verbal abuse then make a system that only initiates if you have typed or activated mic then the vote shouldn’t even initiate. It is very frustrating being banned from 3 servers which happen to be the only servers that are 8 player FFA.

Regards,
    Taturuman

• yeah, i was on a server a few days back, the rune guys i think its called, and some player got angry cause i beat him and decapped him, and he votekicked me. i asked “why, cause i killed you?” he said yes. i “lol”, he says laugh it up and i got kicked. meh, i went back after the map rotation, saw him again, raped him twice, laughed, and then i left. but yeah, getting votekicked from ffa is dumb. i have seen level 40’s and above get votekicked right at the start of the map, just because they are 40’s and above. nothing you can do but go to a different server. or wait for the map to change. or, if you see youre going to get votekicked, leave game before you get kicked. then you can join right back, and laugh.

• It’s annoying allright, IMO mostly when a small group of friends(usually 2) take over a (near-)empty server and votekick. Wouldn’t be the first time if I were to be kicked from an official server today because some nerds are occupying it. There’s not much you can do about it, though. I’ll have you know that there are already too many votekick-threads out there and yet still no fix for it. It’s a decent system on it’s own but particular servers(mainly official ones) should have some extra requirements for kicking someone in order to prevent situations like these.But like I said, there are already a lot of topics like these out there and it’ll be just a few minutes, few hours tops before Rumpelstiltskin joins in and just states something useless like “Uuuuh not another votekick post”… to which I partially agree since there’s nothing being done about it.

• I say list everyone’s name beside their vote. That’ll encourage players to think more about why they’re voting.

• I would recommend going on clan servers. They seem to attract less inbred monkeys, and also have much better admins.

• Kicking on a FFA map is sometimes necessary in DW when people are abusing unfair mechanics. EG… Viking with hatchet looking down with shield and alternating left and right overheads.I have 10000 total duels in CMW and I declare that sort of play unfair and have succeeded in all my votekicks against the individual who uses it.

• @trooper:

Kicking on a FFA map is sometimes necessary in DW when people are abusing unfair mechanics. EG… Viking with hatchet looking down with shield and alternating left and right overheads.I have 10000 total duels in CMW and I declare that sort of play unfair and have succeeded in all my votekicks against the individual who uses it.

Or you haven’t learnt to play in 10,000 duels.

You can see its windup an if you know they lookdown then parry immediately. Feinting though makes this tricky.

No one should kick others just becuase they play better. Lookdown hatchet is hardly an exploit just harder to parry is all.

• @lemonater47:

Or you haven’t learnt to play in 10,000 duels.

You can see its windup an if you know they lookdown then parry immediately. Feinting though makes this tricky.

No one should kick others just becuase they play better. Lookdown hatchet is hardly an exploit just harder to parry is all.

This.

Basically what you are saying is that you kicked someone because you don’t like how they are playing (more often that not because you are shit and he keeps rekting you).

• @trooper:

Kicking on a FFA map is sometimes necessary in DW when people are abusing unfair mechanics. EG… Viking with hatchet looking down with shield and alternating left and right overheads.I have 10000 total duels in CMW and I declare that sort of play unfair and have succeeded in all my votekicks against the individual who uses it.

None of those are “unfair mechanics”. You’re the kind of scum decent players hate. It’s a damn shame all of your votekicks succeeded. Just goes to show how stupid people can be.

• @trooper:

kicking someone on an ffa map simply because they used a mechanic in the game to beat you is pathetic. i have 10 total duels in CMW and declare this sort of behavior total douchebaggery. by your logic, if i see a player use a combo and spin move, i should vote kick him because he might beat me or because i was not able to beat him and, well, that’s just not fair.

• While I am a fierce opponent to dragging/lookdowning and feints, I think kicking people for it is stupid. I certainly harbor no love for those players who use it, but I have never called a vote on them, nor voted yes if someone did. Least of all in FFA. The very name implies that it’s free for ALL. Aside from actual cheating/hacking and unreasonably high ping, there is no reason to kick anyone whatsoever from a FFA game. Hell, I see even teaming as legit. Free for ALL, that means everything within the confines of the game, remember?

• Please find a solution to this problem. Every time I join a FFA i get kicked by people.

• I just wanted to reiterate my first post with an explanation. I think players are eager to vote all willy nilly because they know there is no accountability, which is why I think one solution could be to display each voter’s name and what they voted. It’s going to make you think more about your decision to vote yes and encourage more scrutiny when you know you’re putting yourself out there.

• Add votemute to ffa, really no reason to kick anyone in ffa unless they hack and in that case you should record them on video and report.