Spartan Dory Range. Am I missing something?

• So according to weapon stats, the dory has an 100% reach, making it one of the weapons with the longest reach in the game. I’ve tested it in training, however, and it definitely has less reach than the Samurai Yari, even using alternative attacks. Am I just not doing something that I’m supposed to do to use its full reach? Or is the range stat just referring to the fact that it can be thrown? If so, it’s very misleading, other spears have better actual reach during melee, and other throwable weapons like shuriken are actually shown with very low reach.

• Trying to use the in-game stats will get you nothing but a headache. Just enable tracers and try the weapons out for yourself. BTW, Dory is definitely not the longest melee weapon, so yeah, bullshit stats.

• The longest weapon in the game is the Spartan’s Sarissa. The in-game stats are rarely a perfect representation of a weapon’s stats.

• How does the Dory’s range compare to the Javelin anyway?

• @Salad:

How does the Dory’s range compare to the Javelin anyway?

Javelin feels like a shank compared to the Dory, but it’s a lot faster so if you pair it up with shield bashes, it can perform pretty well in 1v1, you just have to be accurate and skilled with timings/footwork. Not to mention you get, what, 6 of them? So alongside fire-support for your team, you can chuck em at people in 1v1s and they’re not parryable like shurikens or viking weapons, making Spartan unique in the throwing department. If you can’t tell, I love pubstomping with Spartan lol.

• Dory is pretty long but its about the 6th longest weapon in the game. Sarrisa, halberd, yari, Viking spear, skeggox then the dory. Though I haven’t tested it against the SOW. Also I don’t quite know get whether the halberd is actually longer than the yari. And yes the skeggox is longer than the dory.

Also in alpha spartan spears were really damn easy to parry out of the air. No one really complained but I think in release everyone would has complain about it being too easy to parry. Unlike Viking weapons spears have a predictable flight path. The spinning of the weapons makes it super tricky to parry in comparison to a spear. So I understand their decision. It also makes the spartan a bit more unique as it was rather bland.

• @lemonater47:

Unlike Viking weapons spears have a predictable flight path. The spinning of the weapons makes it super tricky to parry in comparison to a spear. So I understand their decision. It also makes the spartan a bit more unique as it was rather bland.

Well, honestly, the parry system in this game is retardedly casual, since every weapon creates a giant wall in front of you. So you don’t really have to aim your block as much as time it to parry viking thrown weapons.