So what happened to the leveling system of this game?

• I believe everyone who purchased the game from the steam sale has not been able to level up past level 5, their level keeps getting reset when they join a new server. Unlocks still don’t save either.

• No the majority of the people who bought it at the steam sale have progressed. Most of the people I see are low teens.

• @lemonater47:

No the majority of the people who bought it at the steam sale have progressed. Most of the people I see are low teens.

And when they join a new server all their stats are reset.

• @Enigma:

And when they join a new server all their stats are reset.

Early teens. You can’t get that far each session.

If it happened for the majority you would see many people that rank. It will be mostly rank 40+ players with a few 20s and 30s.

But at the moment its mostly players who are just past rank 10. And a few still dwindling in the single digits. There aren’t many rank 5s around.

Still its an issue that needs fixing.

• I seriously think they should just add a code for unlocking all weapons or something, if it’s still such a big issue for players.
    I did like the unlocking system, but it’s not like the game ever really needed it.

• They really need to redo the whole unlocking system code from scratch. Its been flawed for over a year.

• @lemonater47:

They really need to redo the whole unlocking system code from scratch. Its been flawed for over a year.

I get to rank 8 and join a new server and it resets back to 5,

does this mean i have to be level 10 to keep my rank?

• @Enigma:

I get to rank 8 and join a new server and it resets back to 5,

does this mean i have to be level 10 to keep my rank?

It means there’s something really wrong. Probably wouldn’t matter what rank you reach its just gonna happen to you and a few others.

Next patch might fix it. Even if it doesn’t have it in the patch notes the unreal engine is that strange. Sometimes things break with no changes made other times things get magically fixed with no changes made. Works both ways. I mean look at voice chat. Works fine now you can hear everyone and it doesn’t cut out. Only problem is now the name of who’s talking doesn’t show up. And the devs haven’t touched voice chat at all.

All you can do is pray that it’ll be fixed.

• @lemonater47:

Early teens. You can’t get that far each session.

If it happened for the majority you would see many people that rank. It will be mostly rank 40+ players with a few 20s and 30s.

But at the moment its mostly players who are just past rank 10. And a few still dwindling in the single digits. There aren’t many rank 5s around.

Still its an issue that needs fixing.

I logged in an I was level 23 one day. Now I’m back to level 5 with 29 hours played. Not sure how many times I’ve seen the rank thing pop up, but it’s been quite a few. :p

• lemonater47 wrote:
    Works both ways. I mean look at voice chat. Works fine now you can hear everyone and it doesn’t cut out. Only problem is now the name of who’s talking doesn’t show up. And the devs haven’t touched voice chat at all.

so your saying that 3 or 4 patches ago that that magically happened all by itself?

• Yep. You know how bad voice chat was. Now it works fine just no names show.

TB hasn’t touched it either. At least not directly.

• @lemonater47:

Yep. You know how bad voice chat was. Now it works fine just no names show.

TB hasn’t touched it either. At least not directly.

Oh you have access to their subversion source code? You can confirm that unequivocally?

Not picking on you. Just trying to teach you some basic (computer) science where software engineers (the ones that graduate) do not talk out their ass…

• Um VOIP in game still sucks as much as it did before. There has been no change in it. What lemon may have noticed is that some people have better internet, microphones as well as mic settings on a server where he has decent ping. VOIP is still very much broken and virtually unused by the majority of players.

However, he is partially correct but didnt quite hit the mark. The leveling system as far as how the ranks work is fine. It should take progressively longer per rank level. Thus the first few levels, level up quickly then it progressively slows down and takes longer. At the upper 40s it takes about a month of play per level. At level 50, It is taking 3+ months. Granted this also has to do with weapon choices, hours played per week, and KDR.

The problem is with the bug itself where the original poster is correct that ranks tend to reset. In previous rank bugs, ranks were granted when not earned where there was a jump for the teens to 30 and then that stuck. In my case I am surprised that it is taking 3 months plus from 50 to 51. SO maybe I am being affected by the no level up ranking bug as well.

• One day I would really like it if C:MW rank system was improved so that it didn’t rank up purely off kills alone. Maybe if it included assists, objective points, whether your team won the round or not, catapult/ballista kills, headshots etc. Neat stuff like that, so it goes via an experience system rather than just kills.

I know deep down however that this will never happen. It’s taken them long enough to get ranking even partially working. It went from working to broken, to broken even more, to partially working (current state). Sad really. :(

• @DokB:

One day I would really like it if C:MW rank system was improved so that it didn’t rank up purely off kills alone. Maybe if it included assists, objective points, whether your team won the round or not, catapult/ballista kills, headshots etc. Neat stuff like that, so it goes via an experience system rather than just kills.

I know deep down however that this will never happen. It’s taken them long enough to get ranking even partially working. It went from working to broken, to broken even more, to partially working (current state). Sad really. :(

Yeah that would be cool, but what would be cooler is if Chiv kept accurate stats like AOC did. Well AOC wasnt all that accurate but it was more in depth.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197980089505/stats/AgeOfChivalry?tab=glance

• Never had the good fortune to play AoC but damn those are some sexy looking statistics, it would have probably been easier to tie achievements to them as well. Wish we could have something similar, one day

• @DokB:

Never had the good fortune to play AoC but damn those are some sexy looking statistics, it would have probably been easier to tie achievements to them as well. Wish we could have something similar, one day

Well you can still play it. It is a free mod and there are still servers up and running. I play it on occasion because it is more fun than chiv and has a shit ton more custom maps. I used to run one of the best custom map servers and even had zombies, head crabs, antlions and all the HL2 monsters in some maps.

Sadly the stats were not all that accurate but at least it kept track of a lot of cool stuff when it did work.