PVKII Dev team thinks they've been stolen from

• I think this is incredibly hilarious and had to share, as a former PVKII player that has migrated to playing Chivalry.
    For those not aware of what PVKII is, its a mod that used to be popular and good, but now just sucks.

• Lol, because TBS should have excluded the Pirate, Viking and Knight from the game, just because these dicks did it already. The PVKII team had swords in their game, total ripoff of Zelda. Battlefield 4 has cars in it, total ripoff of GTA 1.

• Dumb. Sour grapes.

• lol
    Knight was in Chiv. Pirates and vikings are two popular warriors featured on Deadliest Warrior.
    Those devs should see the following for what a ripoff looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGmqIkhjEPE

Pretty sure that rocket launcher he’s holding looks frighteningly similar to a particular Soldier from another game.
    Same with the “firebat” who has a very familiar flamethrower model with the ability to reflect rockets.

• I loved me some PVK before Chiv came along, but they take so long to get anything done that I wouldn’t be surprised to find 20 “rip-offs” meanwhile.

Some parallels between PVK and Chiv:
    Knights in DW and knights in PVK are actually extremely similar. Knights in PVK use crossbows and claymores. I immediately noticed it upon booting up DW.
    Pirates being similar in using flintlocks and cutlass is understandable. Their arsenals in reality are less diverse than knights. Though I’d like to mention that they had powder kegs to throw and shoot (to make them explode…) which were great fun in groups.

Some differences in game play:
    No real time swing direction changes in PVK. Before its time.
    Though, they fixed stalemates by giving everyone a special move which was unblockable. You’d gain special meter to use it similar to a limit break.

Similar games, but there’s no way (especially considering pop culture atm) that PVK can possibly expect people to avoid Pirates Vikings and Knights. This is especially true in their instance of running a little known game. (not insulting… when I played I wished it had more players!)

• You heard it here first, no other game is allowed to use pirates, vikings and knights in the same melee hack and slash game without having stolen from PVK team.

• Fucking Deadliest Warrior, ripping off Assassins Creed 4 with tropical islands and pirates. Also ripped off that show Deadliest Warrior, stole the title and logo, dicks. Stealing this guy’s beard for the viking class: http://www.youtube.com/user/Infidelamsterdam

• I like it how they think that TBS are successful now because of Deadliest Warrior and don’t even mention Medieval Warfare.

Or they’re just supermad that they didn’t sell 1.5 million copies.

• PVK is/was free.

• Global Moderator

Lol. The 4 classes in the game were in the top ten chosen by people in a poll before the classes were even announced. With the exception of the samurai and spartan they were already announced so they weren’t in The poll.

In fact they were in the top 5. The Roman legionary was second on the poll.

The classes were already decided before the poll but the public didn’t know about it unless they were phase 1 alpha testers and there were only 30 of so of them. So TB made the right choice.

And pirates, vikings and knights were all in DW (actually I haven’t seen knights in it) and the knight is in MW they aren’t gonna miss him out.

• LOL
    Reminds me of this idiot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lh77WVX7DA

• Global Moderator

@Wampwampwamp:

LOL
    Reminds me of this idiot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lh77WVX7DA

The amount of hate directed at the maker of this video is unnecessary. Then Again its the YouTube comments section. Intelligence barely exists in the YouTube comments section. Half the comments have something along the lines of “fuck you” in them.

• @lemonater47:

The amount of hate directed at the maker of this video is unnecessary. Then Again its the YouTube comments section. Intelligence barely exists in the YouTube comments section. Half the comments have something along the lines of “fuck you” in them.

I feel the amount of hate is completely justified. He’s an idiot. The reason there’s just a bunch of “fuck you’s” is because there is no point in arguing with stupid people. No point in explaining anything to stupid people.

• Global Moderator

I see.

No point in arguing with you then.

• @lemonater47:

I see.

No point in arguing with you then.

Oh man guys I just got burned. He even spaced the lines to give it a dramatic effect!

• I believe that Age of Chivalry (mod made by TB) was created before PVK. I remember back then that there were people who claimed that much was stolen from AOC and used in PVK and even Mount and Blade. If you actually played both you would soon learn that AOC was far superior than PVK in almost every way. Chivalry is the next evolution and Deadliest Warrior was a deal struck with Spike TV. When you base a game on as much historical evidence you are going to end up with very similar classes and weapons. Duh.

• @HammerSword:

I believe that Age of Chivalry (mod made by TB) was created before PVK. I remember back then that there were people who claimed that much was stolen from AOC and used in PVK and even Mount and Blade. If you actually played both you would soon learn that AOC was far superior than PVK in almost every way. Chivalry is the next evolution and Deadliest Warrior was a deal struck with Spike TV. When you base a game on as much historical evidence you are going to end up with very similar classes and weapons. Duh.

Lol, that’s true

• I am sorry to revive this but I actually started that thread on the PVKII forums and if viewed in context: http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=14023

Then you can see the developers are clearly being sarcastic.

• -snip-

(Woops! Double post.)

• Global Moderator

Its sort of obvious that they were.

But like flippy said dot argue with stupid people. And this thread is full of them.