Help meee (Ran out of memory exiting and udk.exe stopped working)

• So for now I’m playing on a friends computer it’s better overall (except for ram which is the same) than my laptop that plays this game pretty fine no crashes or anything but now for whatever reason I’m on an overall better computer and I get problems :( wasn’t getting the ran out of video memory exiting error earlier but often got UDK.exe stopped working but was still able to play for most part. Until ran out of video memory starting rearing it’s ugly head in there, it would happen sometime after I join a game

Specs of my friend’s computer

Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9750 Quad-Core Prcessor
    Graphics card: NIVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti
    RAM: 4 gb

• Your laptop might not be as 64 bit capable as you think.

Does it have this issue on both 32 and 64 bit version of the game?

• @lemonater47:

Your laptop might not be as 64 bit capable as you think.

Does it have this issue on both 32 and 64 bit version of the game?

The specs I showed on my op wasn’t talking about my laptop those are the specs of my friend’s computer that I’m playing on now and my laptop happens to have 64 bit windows 7.

And on my friend’s computer I tried to select the 64 bit support and it wouldn’t check even though the performance info of it when I look it up on my friends computer says the os is 32 bit(64 bit capable) so I only played the 32 bit version so idk if 64 bit will work better.

And my laptop played this game without crashing/ran out of video memory errors etc etc it only started happening playing very recently on my friend’s computer

My laptop needs new thermal paste and the cpu heatsink of it needs to be cleaned out it’s somewhat recently been getting some real bad heat problems cpu goes up to 90 degrees C within minutes of powering on despite being shut off for a decent while so haven’t used it in months and last time I played chiv on my laptop 64 bit support wasn’t available.

• As far as playing Chiv on your laptop, you will not be able to play the 64 bit version of the game as that version soaks up 4 gigs of ram. But the 32bit should be fine. Do what you said, clean, paste and you should be fine.

Your friends computer is similar to mine with a slightly lower vid card than mine. If you look at some of my posts, you will find a series of tweaks and programs for freeing up ram and cpu was well as improving FPS. I will create a complete post with links to all of my tweaks. Till then look them up, they will help.