FFS kick high pings on official servers!

• So fucking tired of people with 180-500 fucking ping trying to play. Completely game breaking an infuriating. Bad enough with MW, but with the sped up combat, the animation desyncs are just …. UGH! Completely unable to parry unless you pre-perdict the persons movements.

I’m done with this bullshit until TBS pulls their head out of their asses and does what needs to be done, even if they have some backlash from people in third world hellholes and/or shitty ISP’s.

I’d call a vote kick, but apparently the casual braindead fuckheads this game attracts en masse can’t work the ping filter, let alone grasp that high ping is game breaking – so often I get kicked instead. When I ask them something along the lines of “why the are you trying to play with 400 ping? It’s ruining the game for everyone here;” I usually get a response of “stfu fag” “oh well” “fuck you, idc” “tough shit” “gtfo then” “what’re you doing to do”

The fuck would I bother playing at this point, when all this shovelware can do is envoke rage via shitty players, dumbed down game play, and shoddy ill-thought mechanics under which remains shitty netcode and poor/non-existent lag compensation. I mean, look around the forums. Everyone is gone.

You have like, a handful of original players and members… that’s it… everyone else wised up an moved on.

I’m about ready to throw all my eggs in a new basket than to stick around an watch them rot any further.

• I’ve seen that happen. Some guy kicked a dude with over 200 ping and the vote almost succeeded and failed. Then suddenly all these rank 0s with normal ping though he was abusing votekick and another higher ranked player launches a votekick against the guy trying to kick the one who wanted to get rid of the high ping players. A real what the hell moment. I was admin and after the kick had failed I admin kicked the high ping player and another player with high ping and I close the console and see this kick and this abuse from these players in the chatbox. And the kick was gonna be succesful if I hadn’t of canceled it. And none of those players were steam friends either.

We need an automatic ping kick. Some people are literally too stupid to handle it on their own with votekicks.

• @lemonater47:

I’ve seen that happen. Some guy kicked a dude with over 200 ping and the vote almost succeeded and failed. Then suddenly all these rank 0s with normal ping though he was abusing votekick and another higher ranked player launches a votekick against the guy trying to kick the one who wanted to get rid of the high ping players. A real what the hell moment. I was admin and after the kick had failed I admin kicked the high ping player and another player with high ping and I close the console and see this kick and this abuse from these players in the chatbox. And the kick was gonna be succesful if I hadn’t of canceled it. And none of those players were steam friends either.

cool story - do you have any more where you were admin and kicked a high ping player?

• It was a story about morons kicking someone who wanted to kick some high ping players. The only difference being I could intervene.

This wouldn’t happen if they had an Auto ping kick.

Now stop your useless posting and get back on topic or don’t post anything at all.

• Kick all 100+ ping people

• It may be too uncharitable to autokick all users with 100+ ping. There are players living in remote areas where the closest public server is 150 ping away, or worse.

That said, there is a world of difference between a player with 150 ping and a player with 400 ping. Maybe an autokick from 250 ping would ease some of the problem, and alienate a minimal number of players.

• id say 300 ping+ but really iv never had anyone with over 300 ping own me or even seen them do well in the game, they are usually like 3-13

• 200+ for down here. As no one has over 200 ping unless they live in the states or Asia. We even get a few Euros playing on servers down here for some dumb reason.

• I think a 200+ ping kick is fair.

• The problem with auto ping kick is that there are certain players that bought the game and would be prevented from playing altogether. From a legal standpoint, this is shaky ground for Torn Banner. I think a better suggestion would be to show ping in the votekick box, god knows why this isn’t implemented already.

• Ha. You think you can pass a votekick against a lagger when the majority of the players are laggers?
    Look at this shit. This is a daily occurrence on the servers near me. These aren’t people with nowhere to play, these are Americans. Some of them obviously play on laggy servers on purpose because they keep coming back every single day. “Fuck you I don’t care as long as I am having fun” is what I commonly hear. Or, the brilliant yet sad “I’m not lagging on my computer.”

This shit from rank 30+ players. Fuck the world.

Fuck this game.

• Agree 100%, so many times ive tried launching a vote kick against some player 300+ ping only to have the rest of the server sit there not voting yes or anything while the dead lice fall from their head. And then 5 minutes later they will all ask why the server is lagging.

• Maybe they should appoint an official moderator in Singapore.

Better still make an auto ping kick and set it to 200.

• Singapore’s DW servers aren’t that bad (at least, not in the evenings when I usually pop in), and certainly not as bad as The Dude above us.

But an official moderator/admin sounds like a good idea on principle, and an autokick at 200+ ping sounds like a reasonable suggestion that would probably get by without too much legal flak (you can still technically play on Training mode, and you’re free to start your own server anytime).