[ALPHA] - MAP: AOCTO-Whitenest_p ·–|====> Team Objective Siege

• Hello everyone,

We are glad to present our new Chivalry map: AOCTO-Whitenest_p

First of all, screenshots of the map, for the first impressions

More screenshots:

About the map:
    This map represents an Agathian siege of a Mason fortress. A Mason Lord holds the castle and his forces hope that the pit and the impregnable walls will repel the attacking army. Agatha must push its siege towers over the pit, assault the fortress and use the cranks to lower the drawbridge. Once the battering ram breaks the main door, Agathians will have access to the village. After slaughtering the treacherous Mason supporters, the last step will be to finish the Mason Lord and put an end to his rule in Whitenest.

**Yes, siege towers, you can even ride them when moving towards the walls!

**Well, we hope you liked the map, it will be soon released!

Created by Corsario & Hennio]

• Looks really good man, the courtyard in the middle of the fort gives a really good feel to it. And the outer defences look like great fun to navigate and battle it out upon.

Also is that a siege tower which you customised? It looks brilliant, can’t wait to download this when I get home and play. I will definitely be recommending it to others on looks alone. :)

• Seems like a great map! Looking forward to playing it.

• @DokB:

Also is that a siege tower which you customised? It looks brilliant, can’t wait to download this when I get home and play. I will definitely be recommending it to others on looks alone. :)

Yeah! We worked with the SDK siege towers and added some stuff to give them some realisim. It’s now in closed alpha, but we are expecting to upload it this afternoon to the workshop :)

• Cool another map with siege towers.

Now they look slightly different than siege tower asset that is already in the game (original plan for stoneshill was for a siege tower not a battering ram). If they are the same asset did you Manage to get the wheels to turn? As on the other siege map the wheels don’t turn yet.

• @lemonater47:

Cool another map with siege towers.

Now they look slightly different than siege tower asset that is already in the game (original plan for stoneshill was for a siege tower not a battering ram). If they are the same asset did you Manage to get the wheels to turn? As on the other siege map the wheels don’t turn yet.

The reason our Siege Towers look different to the static mesh provided by the game is that we used another asset which proves more helpful. Everything - including wheels, door and sound - works perfectly fine. There has been lots of hard work behind our map. The final release has been delayed by some lighting and shadow issues that we are expecting to solve today.

We are hoping to upload the map to the workshop as soon as possible!!

• @Corsario:

We are hoping to upload the map to the workshop as soon as possible!!

We have finally been able to solve the issues, and it is now available in the steam workshop! Subscribe and vote the map, and leave feedback to solve any bugs or to make the map even better.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=203067434&searchtext=

• Looks, good! I must say it’s a very similar premise to my TO map: use siege towers to get to the walls and lower a drawbridge and then slaughter the inhabitants.

• Im glad you like it! Its now currently running in C=={:::Acero Toledano:::> We will post a new progress thread soon. And yes, im afraid TO has limited possibilities. You can try out our Siege towers whenever you want (add me on steam if you wish). We used the skeletal mesh asset rather than the static one for the towers and that gave us the chance to use animations (you hard attached the wheels to yours?).

• @Corsario:

Im glad you like it! Its now currently running in C=={:::Acero Toledano:::> We will post a new progress thread soon. And yes, im afraid TO has limited possibilities. You can try out our Siege towers whenever you want (add me on steam if you wish). We used the skeletal mesh asset rather than the static one for the towers and that gave us the chance to use animations (you hard attached the wheels to yours?).

Yeah, it was just an easy way to get the map functioning and playable. I was always going to go back remove them and use skeletal meshes and an animation track. To be honest only Lemonator seems to have noticed or at least said anything. All of the feedback I’ve got is about gameplay things which I’ve focussed on up to now. I’ll add you as a friend on steam so we can chat about stuff, I’m friends with most of the map makers and we tend to help each other out.

• I really like the idea of siege towers ! This map has alot of potential to be very fun and competetive basically puts together four of the best objectives modes imo.

1. Push the siege tower
    2. Open the bridge
    3. Slaughter peasants
    4. Kill the king

Here are my suggestions to improve the layout and the functionality of the map. I haven’t played this yet for real so I don’t realy know the exact balance issues but this is are my impressions I had and my thoughts.

1. I’ve played this map with a couple of friends and we’ve come to notice that the siege towers seemed to bug out sometimes. They’d stop randomely in their tracks.

2. No comment so far

3. Realy like that you include this objective, it realy feels like raiding a village. How about torches to burn the houses? But more importantly you need good objective indicators to see how many peasants you’ve killed and how many you need to kill.

4. This is the biggest balance issue I had noticed with this map. After capturing the village you still spawn outside of the castle and need to walk for ages to get back inside.

I’d say that the masons spawn on the wall and the agathians should spawn somewhere BEHIND the throneroom.

This brings me to my next issue, the entrance to the throneroom is bottlenecked. There is basically just one entrance to the place where the king spawns and that place can be camped and defend easily. There need to be more entrances to the throne room.

I don’t remmember exactly where the agathians spawn after they’ve captured the village, but if its in the throneroom or in front of it then there should be a place added behind the throneroom where the agathian’s spawn.

Much like in stoneshill at the last stage. You have the throne and behind the throneroom you have places where they can spawn.

If you can pull this off I can assure you that this map will be played ALOT :)

• Hi Sophax!

Real thanks for the feedback :) Corsario and I are working on some updates right now. Hope to have them soon finished. These weeks uploading maps was a huge mess, but with the last Chivalry release came a nice GUI to upload custom content.

Well, now to the feedback:

1. Hmhm shouldn’t stop, we’ve been playing with 16ppl in the server and I haven’t seen that issue. Maybe its because there was the same number of people of both teams next to the siege tower, which stops it (wanted feature)
      EDIT: Also, it is a wanted feature that you can’t push and ride the siege tower at the same time, maybe you were too close to the platform.

2. ok! Still, we are fine tuning the cranks. UDK random sound stuff.

3. WIP. Thats a feature we wanted from the beginning, hope to have it on this release.

4. Yep, its difficult to balance this part, as it also depends on the number of people playing, more people more bottleneck.

Nevertheless, there’s a thing you may have missed, the two wooden doors at the throne room (behind the king’s chair) are breakable, which means you can attack the king from behind. These doors do not have HUDs on them, maybe we should put some, but then the screen will be full of huds (4!). We will probably put some to ease the gameplay.

Finally the spanws, we are giving a good thought, we know they should be closer, maybe on the walls would be a good place!

Anyways, thanks for the feedback! Hope to see you ingame :)

Hennio]

• No one really likes the music that plays during the match. Pretty much everyone in the 32 player server wanted the music gone. Maybe make something the 2 minute end music as that’s still a default track.

The castle things exterior is very bland. More definition in the bricks joins may help.

You have used terrain instead of landscape alt tab screws the map up because of it.

Really hard for agatha even with those back doors. King only does as he assisted his own death by falling off his perch down falling down the spiral stairs into a bunch of agathians. We spent 14 minutes trying to get him.

• All the issues you mentioned have been solved after the latest release. Enjoy the map!