So… Whats the future of this game?

• @giantyak:

Whats next is that your the big fish in your pond.
    Just keep eating all the small fish and everything will be fine :)

Who wants to just destroy hordes of 50 hour players? It doesnt give me a buzz, I dont have some kind of superiority complex that only pleases me to beat down beginners. I want to improve, I want a challenge, I want competition. Whats depressing is that I’m the ‘big fish in the pond’, yet when you compare me to some of the old great names such as crushed, sponge, shard, sophax - I am no way near what they were.

But everyones moved on - especially the very best, and its like TB doesnt even care that their long term audience has crumbled. Can you even imagine valve allowing the competitive side of CS to die out due to discontent?

• I entered a duel round yesterday with 10 other guys in it. Instead of the slew of level 5s I was greeted with ALL OF THEM being 43+ ALL OF THEM being very skilled and hardened players. The guy who won got like 10-5, everyone else was almost even or just a little ahead. Most fun I’ve had playing Chiv in months.

• As I posted in another thread, the new maps are an epic fail because you have to download all the maps a server runs when you join it. Meaning no one joins those servers, why they didnt just make you download the current map, heaven knows…

• @quigleyer:

I entered a duel round yesterday with 10 other guys in it. Instead of the slew of level 5s I was greeted with ALL OF THEM being 43+ ALL OF THEM being very skilled and hardened players. The guy who won got like 10-5, everyone else was almost even or just a little ahead. Most fun I’ve had playing Chiv in months.

A few level 43s still play pub duels every now and again! Competitive scene isnt dead everybody, relax!

• @Triumphant:

A few level 43s still play pub duels every now and again! Competitive scene isnt dead everybody, relax!

Now you just sound like a dick.

• The guy missed my point entirely and lands some stupid contradicting point in the middle of the thread as though im talking shit when I say near enough all the best players in this game are gone, along with the clans.

The guy talks about pub duel mode of all things, despite the fact im clearly talking about competitive organised TO, or lack therof.

I have little patience for people attempting to contradict me with that kind of off topic prattle, so ill sound like a dick all i want.

• Sounds like he was just telling a friendly story. That’ll show him not to cross paths with you again.

• I still play MW. The game never had a strong comp scene (nothing on the level of CS for instance) and was all about casual good times. It was never going to be a big competitive game. Sure competitive people would play it and a few clans here and there would form, but nothing earth shattering.

3 more quality TO maps with INTERESTING objectives, at the least. Kill the peasants, knock down the castle doors, kill the KING! that was what chivalry to most people is/was about. We need more of this sort of thing.

Make intersting FFA maps. LTS maps that are not just, in effect, an open field.

New weapons are not needed, just more maps ffs.

• If Torn Banner had focused more on Team Objective content rather than on an expansion, and kept C:MW consistently refreshed with new maps whilst we were waiting for the SDK then a lot of the old players probably wouldn’t have left.

A lot of people (including me) were holding out for Team Objective being focused on heavily, with the thought of reimaginations of old AoC maps running through my mind I powered on hoping that the maps would come, but they never did.

In my opinion it is such a wasted opportunity.

Too little, too late.

• I wonder when TB will get the hint about people wanting new official TO maps? I mean, Citadel didn’t take too long to produce after release of the game and that one was huge and complex (yet extremely imbalanced in the long run). Not to mention that Citadel was produced alongside duel mode, duel mode maps, Frigid, Tavern etc.

I will be extremely surprised and dissapointed if TB haven’t got anything at all in the works for a new TO map. It will make me even sadder if they relied upon the SDK alone to keep fresh content going in this game.

• @DokB:

I wonder when TB will get the hint about people wanting new official TO maps? I mean, Citadel didn’t take too long to produce after release of the game and that one was huge and complex (yet extremely imbalanced in the long run). Not to mention that Citadel was produced alongside duel mode, duel mode maps, Frigid, Tavern etc.

I will be extremely surprised and dissapointed if TB haven’t got anything at all in the works for a new TO map. It will make me even sadder if they relied upon the SDK alone to keep fresh content going in this game.

I think they have got the hint. As they have hinted themselves that they are doing a map competition.

Also one of the devs actually has 3 maps on the workshop. Motte and bailey, citadel throne room and Death Valley the last of which doesn’t work yet seems to be a WIP.

And for those complaining about too many low rank players or the lack of competitive/good players move to New Zealand or Australia.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/705109208994305698/2CB514163223A14202CAE3DB8AA81DC83EB8E99D/1024x0.resizedimage
    That’s a late evening pub game. No prior coordination or anything. And the two rank 5 suffer the reset bug. The rank 6 doesn’t. 80% of players over rank 40.

• Yes, last night went surprisingly well for something completely random. Had a blast. Wish you’d spend less time in Administrator mode though lemon. :(

• @Triumphant:

Hah I wasn’t intending that to say that it’s not an issue. I was doing that to more agree with you, but I do see how it didn’t sound like that. What I mean is I want it to be like that all the time.

• @Triumphant:

The guy missed my point entirely and lands some stupid contradicting point in the middle of the thread as though im talking shit when I say near enough all the best players in this game are gone, along with the clans.

The guy talks about pub duel mode of all things, despite the fact im clearly talking about competitive organised TO, or lack therof.

I have little patience for people attempting to contradict me with that kind of off topic prattle, so ill sound like a dick all i want.

Oh now I see this post. I wasn’t intending to contradict, but to tell a friendly story, as Karasu said. I was also trying to express my interest in things being like that more often.

You don’t think I know the competitive community is dead? Why would I try to contradict that, I miss it as much as anyone.

But yeah, I guess I’ll go now. Thanks for the wonderful thousandth thread expressing how this game and the competitive community are dead and asking about information that is available on the forums.

• @DokB:

Yes, last night went surprisingly well for something completely random. Had a blast. Wish you’d spend less time in Administrator mode though lemon. :(

I was in fists mode for one game. Didn’t do nearly as well as mentok though.

And since its pub you still get the ping, kicks and abuse flying around.

• @quigleyer:

Oh now I see this post. I wasn’t intending to contradict, but to tell a friendly story, as Karasu said. I was also trying to express my interest in things being like that more often.

You don’t think I know the competitive community is dead? Why would I try to contradict that, I miss it as much as anyone.

But yeah, I guess I’ll go now. Thanks for the wonderful thousandth thread expressing how this game and the competitive community are dead and asking about information that is available on the forums.

I apologise, I’d misinterpreted your point. It just seemed like a thinly veiled “You’re wrong” to be honest :P.

Lemonator - I appreciate your optimism for the state of the Oceanic game, its nice to see so many high leveled players kicking around. But that was one match, in one evening - by the sounds of it. And its still an entirely random pub, without much/any voice communication ill wager, without anyone seriously trying to win.

Me, im just perpetually raging at torn banner for taking something good, with potential - and totally ruining its future with pathetically bad development decisions and endless corner cutting. The only reason I am still bleating on these rubbish, dead forums is that it still pisses me off to this day, despite all this shit having come to fruition months ago. I only hope that they are ashamed of themselves.

• @Triumphant:

I apologise, I’d misinterpreted your point. It just seemed like a thinly veiled “You’re wrong” to be honest :P.

Lemonator - I appreciate your optimism for the state of the Oceanic game, its nice to see so many high leveled players kicking around. But that was one match, in one evening - by the sounds of it. And its still an entirely random pub, without much/any voice communication ill wager, without anyone seriously trying to win.

Me, im just perpetually raging at torn banner for taking something good, with potential - and totally ruining its future with pathetically bad development decisions and endless corner cutting. The only reason I am still bleating on these rubbish, dead forums is that it still pisses me off to this day, despite all this shit having come to fruition months ago. I only hope that they are ashamed of themselves.

I understand, I re-read and if I could have given you the funny eyes I would have in conversation my point probably would have come across better. “Most fun I’ve had in Chiv in months” was meant to be the tell that I don’t have as much fun regularly anymore and that situations like that make it fun again.

I do understand the confusion and I’m sorry for anything negative I said as well.

On a positive note I’ve been seeing an absolute TON of kila guys and 3 hander guys over here in NA, I think they’re trying to regroup and get back in it.

Also I know a guy (Snoe) who is nearing completion of a website designed to help clans find other clans and potential recruits find slots open in clans. I did some background work for it and he showed me yesterday, I’m hoping it’ll give a bit more of a push too.

Still, if new players can’t get past level 5 and unlock weapons it’s unlikely we’ll ever get new good players and we’ll just continually recycle guys from clan to clan until they get absolutely tired of it. The sales seem to bring back these older clan guys who have previously quit, so at least there’s a positive there.

• This post is deleted!

• The future of Chivalry is bright, we are getting tons of bug fixes, optimizations, and general improvements. Then we’ll get an improved SDK and better community made maps.

• There is no future.