So… Whats the future of this game?

• @DokB:

Yes, last night went surprisingly well for something completely random. Had a blast. Wish you’d spend less time in Administrator mode though lemon. :(

I was in fists mode for one game. Didn’t do nearly as well as mentok though.

And since its pub you still get the ping, kicks and abuse flying around.

• @quigleyer:

Oh now I see this post. I wasn’t intending to contradict, but to tell a friendly story, as Karasu said. I was also trying to express my interest in things being like that more often.

You don’t think I know the competitive community is dead? Why would I try to contradict that, I miss it as much as anyone.

But yeah, I guess I’ll go now. Thanks for the wonderful thousandth thread expressing how this game and the competitive community are dead and asking about information that is available on the forums.

I apologise, I’d misinterpreted your point. It just seemed like a thinly veiled “You’re wrong” to be honest :P.

Lemonator - I appreciate your optimism for the state of the Oceanic game, its nice to see so many high leveled players kicking around. But that was one match, in one evening - by the sounds of it. And its still an entirely random pub, without much/any voice communication ill wager, without anyone seriously trying to win.

Me, im just perpetually raging at torn banner for taking something good, with potential - and totally ruining its future with pathetically bad development decisions and endless corner cutting. The only reason I am still bleating on these rubbish, dead forums is that it still pisses me off to this day, despite all this shit having come to fruition months ago. I only hope that they are ashamed of themselves.

• @Triumphant:

I apologise, I’d misinterpreted your point. It just seemed like a thinly veiled “You’re wrong” to be honest :P.

Lemonator - I appreciate your optimism for the state of the Oceanic game, its nice to see so many high leveled players kicking around. But that was one match, in one evening - by the sounds of it. And its still an entirely random pub, without much/any voice communication ill wager, without anyone seriously trying to win.

Me, im just perpetually raging at torn banner for taking something good, with potential - and totally ruining its future with pathetically bad development decisions and endless corner cutting. The only reason I am still bleating on these rubbish, dead forums is that it still pisses me off to this day, despite all this shit having come to fruition months ago. I only hope that they are ashamed of themselves.

I understand, I re-read and if I could have given you the funny eyes I would have in conversation my point probably would have come across better. “Most fun I’ve had in Chiv in months” was meant to be the tell that I don’t have as much fun regularly anymore and that situations like that make it fun again.

I do understand the confusion and I’m sorry for anything negative I said as well.

On a positive note I’ve been seeing an absolute TON of kila guys and 3 hander guys over here in NA, I think they’re trying to regroup and get back in it.

Also I know a guy (Snoe) who is nearing completion of a website designed to help clans find other clans and potential recruits find slots open in clans. I did some background work for it and he showed me yesterday, I’m hoping it’ll give a bit more of a push too.

Still, if new players can’t get past level 5 and unlock weapons it’s unlikely we’ll ever get new good players and we’ll just continually recycle guys from clan to clan until they get absolutely tired of it. The sales seem to bring back these older clan guys who have previously quit, so at least there’s a positive there.

• This post is deleted!

• The future of Chivalry is bright, we are getting tons of bug fixes, optimizations, and general improvements. Then we’ll get an improved SDK and better community made maps.

• There is no future.

• This post is deleted!

• @PandaChef:

As I posted in another thread, the new maps are an epic fail because you have to download all the maps a server runs when you join it. Meaning no one joins those servers, why they didnt just make you download the current map, heaven knows…

• The problem is the workshop itself. While is initially seemed like a good idea, thus far it isnt. I am not sure who is at fault, Steam or the game developers. For starters, Steam server download rates suck. The best I got was .5 megs. Then it seems to want down load every map regardless if it is not even a custom map. I joined one server that was playing battlegrounds and I ended up loading a ton of files. To play battlegrounds? Seriously? As much as I like some of the custom maps, players are not willing to wait for a clunky slow download. Isn’t it also true that the steam workshop doesn’t update the maps to the servers? If so then we have a bunch of servers with different versions of the same map. Guess this is why we have so few custom map servers. Not sure how much of this is Steam’s fault or the game designers fault for not making this system more seamless.

• Toll has the right idea. What the game desperately needs and what should have been top priority behind essential bugfixes and balance improvements from the start is new maps. Team Objective maps to be exact. The LTS and TDM maps we got a while back were okay, but TO is still the most important gamemode that should get the most attention. To put a bluntly: Team Objective IS Chivalry while everything else is just extra.

Seriously, there are what? 5 TO maps altogether. With 4 of them being in the game from release and the other being Citadel, which got added not long after. And that’s it. It’s no wonder people are getting bored with such a small number of proper maps for people to play on. Also let’s be honest here. Citadel is a pretty shitty map as well. The objectives are boring and tedious. The whole thing is an eye-sore and the entire theme of “evil volcano lair” is just dumb and doesn’t fit the with the setting, which is meant to be semi-realistic Medieval.

Think about TF2. There were 6 official maps at release and how many are there now? Over 100? Do you think people would still be playing TF2 if there were still only 6 proper maps in the game?

Switching over to make DW was a really bad idea because the base game didn’t have much content for it to have a whole lot of lasting appeal in the first place. What you should have focused on was making proper and official quality TO maps with voice acting and the whole shabang. If you did want to make an expansion to the game it should have been in the form of a large map pack that expands on the original game instead of making it standalone. Maybe have it focus on the desert country from the crusade with a large Arabian theme.

• The lack of TO maps is very apparent, but nobody knows when new ones are going to come out, if at all. I stopped waiting and hoping for new maps a while ago, but i still keep the door open. My best advice, which has kept me going in this game, is to make friends and play the game together. Pass the time in a pub by screwing around; this game is a hundred times better with friends. Experiment, dick around, laugh. Make a shield wall or go triple fork or something retarded like that. It is, in my opinion, the greatest benefit of clans- Eventually you become almost a family. Friendship, as cheesy as it sounds, lasts.

• Everyone exploiting 3rd person mechanics and mouse drags is probably what made the majority of players leave