Stoneshill ram tracer bug

• Ok so i’m gonna upload a video, not sure if everyone knows about this already, but basically if you hit the ram on mason at least once, then get off… your tracers get real funky.

here is an example

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/721997070359292890/CD8EB0078204C818388E106525735F12FD4777B3/

basically if you start comboing around after hitting the ram one time, your tracers get real janky. This can actually allow you to further drag your swings, causes total desync of animations and swings.

I have a video i’ll upload about it but that’s basically the meat of it.

• Looks like your tracers continue to hit even during the recovery stage when you are pulling the weapon back to idle position. Is it only for the first initial hit off the ram or does it continue until you die?

Either way, that’s really weird and needs a fix.

• Woah. Weird.

• yeah try it in an empty server, go mason, get the ram to the door, hit it once or as many times as you want, get off of it.

Then start combo-ing around. Be sure to enable tracers and watch the wonkiness lol

the slashes go up and down instead of a smooth slash, like you can see like a loop in the tracer, or sideways S formations. Overheads and pokes get REAL crazy like sometimes they zig zag on the way down, all kinds of stuff… it basically just jacks your tracers all up.

I’ve had it happen to me a LOT when i get to the ram and then have to fight and i’m always wondering whats going on… so i tested it and it works every time. Hit ram, get off, swing around… boom.

this only continues until you die. once you die they are back to normal, but until then they will stay messed up. It could be exploitative because your overhead drags kind of act like combo feinted attacks because they can actually take little stutters mid swing to draw your drags even further, they can also sometimes bypass parries and shields because the tracer will skip past it.

i’m actually thinking about testing it more to see if i can get that projectile bug to work with it lol… unlimited axes here i come!

• I wonder if you have the same effect when dismounting from siege weapons.

• Just tested it then in a bot server and I couldn’t replicate the results even with a number of Knight weapons, getting off the ram after one hit, two hits + more or getting forced off the ram via damage.

• did you combo around or do single strikes, it still gets wonky with single strikes, but it’s moreso when you are comboing around, try doing like a like 5 combo in a row. do like slash slash slash over over over combo. I had people confirm it with me, it happens like every time.

• @50ShadesofClay:

did you combo around or do single strikes, it still gets wonky with single strikes, but it’s moreso when you are comboing around, try doing like a like 5 combo in a row. do like slash slash slash over over over combo. I had people confirm it with me, it happens like every time.

I did everything. Single strikes and combo’s and I couldn’t replicate the tracer image in your first post. I did however notice that the path of the tracer looks slightly wonky in the attacks I did, it looked a bit like the flails tracer where it does a wavey pattern through the air.

• oh well, the tracer in the picture was just one example, they’re typically all completely different. I’m basically just saying that your tracers go wonky. Your swing, the more you combo and drag around, the worse it gets. Have you seen the old or maybe the same flail tracers how they are like looking at a lie detector squiggly? Well that’s kind of what happens to the slash tracers, the overhead also can do some wonky thinks like do a lightning bold kind of look. You can still tell even without looking at the tracer because the swings can skip animation, you lose all fluidity of the swing.

It should be VERY noticeable, it’s very hard to miss.

• @50ShadesofClay:

Here is a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gCz1p8ExNw&feature=youtu.be

That is fairly dramatic. Nice find

• How come this was never found before? I mean, smacking the ram once then comboing probably happens fairly frequently. FUCK I JUST GOT A COLD SORE. GOD DAMNIT WHY! ;_;

• I have run into this bug before but from looking at the video any time I’ve actually noticed it, the animation stuttering has been much worse and present from the first swing. No combo necessary.

Also have had this happen on hillside after interacting with the pyre.

• i’ll do more testing, it’s possible that getting hit off of it produces different results. I too have had it happen on the first swing and single strikes. I think feints make it worse too which are a few things i forgot to include in the video.

I’ve noticed this happen so often and for a LONG time now, just didn’t know WHY it was happening and though it was maybe just me. I couldn’t believe i was the only one that it’s happened to because for me it was so prevalent. I always play objective first so i’m always hiting the ram when i get up to it if i have an opening, even for just a hit or two… then i’ll watch around me and i’ll get off and fight when someone threatens. So needless to say this happens to me A LOT, i had to know why.

• I normally only see this when getting hit off the ram. I think it happens on hillside as well when getting hit off the pyre. Switching weapons fixes the problem(for me, at least).

Never knew the tracers were that wonky though.

• I definitely think getting hit off would be bad too, i joined an empty server to do this with pink, but others joined and finished off the objective before i could test everything, i’ll so some more tests and update at a later time.