I cannot get the time limit to change

• Hello.

Following the official server guide, I added the command “bOverrideRoundTime=True” and “RoundTimeOverride=30” under [AOC.AOCFFA]. This did nothing as the time limit in-game is still set to 10 minutes.
    I tried changing the values for the same commands under [AOC.AOCGAME] without success.

If anyone could tell me what’s going on, I’d really appreciate it! Is the command broken? Do I need an additional command to make these alterations?

Thanks, and sorry for making a new thread. I’ve tried searching around and asking in already existing threads, but nothing was found.

• I vaguely recall having issues with round time override myself, although can’t remember if I got them sorted as we dropped the mix mode servers in favour of TO only.

Both RoundTimeOverride and boverrideroundtime= appears (4 times in) defaultgame.ini, (once in ) pcserver-udkgame.ini and (4 times in) udkgame.ini

i usually work on the premise of if changing every iteration I can find in the configs

• Okay, thanks, I will have a look at the udkgame.ini

• bump, i’m having this issue too, can anyone help?
    added line
    bOverrideRoundTime=True
    RoundTimeOverride=20

below [AOC.AOCFFA] but it does nothing, same when changing the line below [AOC.AOCGame]

• Having the same issue and can’t say I’m very encouraged by what I’m seeing here that it can be corrected. I’ve changed every instance of a rounditme setting I can find in the ini’s, and I’ve added the lines to the individual section, and it’s 10 minutes no matter what. I suppose it’d also be too much to ask for an in-game hosting menu option, that includes easily configurable game options in the sub-menus? I like this game but it seems to be missing features that I sort of consider “standard” to PC games these days. Setting up a private server for me and my friends to play on felt like I had jumped back to PC-gaming-circa-1996.

• @wookielove819:

I like this game but it seems to be missing features that I sort of consider “standard” to PC games these days. Setting up a private server for me and my friends to play on felt like I had jumped back to PC-gaming-circa-1996.

I’m very thankful that I am able to host my own private server. Many games do not allow that.

• I personally would expect a 25 dollar, multi-player only game to possess an in-game hosting feature with point-and-click configuration of game settings. Am I spoiled? I honestly don’t know - that really doesn’t seem like a big reach for me. Like I said, I DO like this game. It could be so much better though…

But back to the main point, has anyone managed to figure out how to change the time limit?

• For medieval warfare I’m fairly certain you can’t change the timelimit, It’s saved to the maps or w/e, AOCFFA-Tavern_P was originally 20 minutes but people wouldn’t play fists only for that long so Torn banner redid the map to be 10 mins

For deadliest warrior i was able to set FFA to 10 mins by:
    [CDW.AOCFFA]
    RoundTime=10
    TimeLimit=10

I’m unsure which of those actually changed it so just set both

• @wookielove819:

I personally would expect a 25 dollar, multi-player only game to possess an in-game hosting feature with point-and-click configuration of game settings. Am I spoiled? I honestly don’t know - that really doesn’t seem like a big reach for me. Like I said, I DO like this game. It could be so much better though…

But back to the main point, has anyone managed to figure out how to change the time limit?

All servers I use for various games have been a bunch of files you edit. The only game that had a sort of UI was actually minecraft. Even then that was mostly files you had to edit.

In MW the time limit is tied to the maps. In DW I’ve seen people change the FFA time limit and LTS time limit. Even the time when the skills appear all without mods.

In MW you would have to edit the whole map and make it a custom map.

• You can change the Resource limit in TD rounds. The time you can not, unless its a custom map. The time seems to be cooked into the maps and cant be altered.
    I would LOVE to be able to change the capture limit in CTF… PLEASE.

• can confirm, it is cooked into the maps

• yeah this is really frustrating because the FFA converted duel maps (courtyard, bridge, etc) are all 20 minutes.

Please TB, make this overridable… ;___;