BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare CU2 Patch 2 beta 2

• Patch notes for the latest beta build of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. These are in addition to the CU2 Patch 2 Beta 1 changes.

Map Changes:

• Continued map optimizations to further improve performance
    • Ongoing collision improvements
    • Added better level loading camera spawns to various maps
    • Spawning bugs fixed on Hadrians Wall
    • The sky is now present in TD Battlegrounds
    • Slight increase to defender spawn time in TO Battlegrounds on second objective.
    • Added ammo box for attackers in TO Battlegrounds
    • Wheat material on battlegrounds now show proper texture
    • Minor optimizations to the main menu map
    • Introduced checks to prevent players from entering the Agatha spawn house on the final objective of Darkforest
    • Turned collision off on meshes not within the playspace to increase performance
    • Smoothed over landscape and fixed multiple stuck spots
    • Falling into lava kills players more reliably in Citadel
    • Players are no longer able to leave the map in the first area of Citadel

Animation Changes:

• First person clipping and animation polish
    • Buckler and heat shield first-person camera polish
    • Flail first-person animation updated

Gameplay Changes:

• Projectiles now properly appear on player heads
    • Fixed shove bug for heater and buckler
    • Head explosions now behave properly for all characters
    • Improved behaviour of helmets and other attachments on death
    • Players are now able to pick up ammo thrown at corpses (affects javelin and non-incendiary thrown weapons)
    • Players will receive no team damage penalty for hitting peasants
    • Shield no longer appears on Vanguards in customization menu
    • Canceling javelin throw no longer resets stance at any stage of the wind up
    • Removed team damage penalty in LTS
    • Players will no longer instantly respawn on death
    • Created a single new loading screen to reduce storage usage

SDK Changes:

• SDK changes have to be tested on the non-beta app. Opt into the “cu2p2beta” branch on Chivalry: Medieval Warfare: right click on the game in the Steam library, click Properties, click Betas, and select “cu2p2beta”

• Code mods are now completely supported, including Workshop support

• Issue where code mods couldn’t be used with the dedicated server tool is fixed

• Map and code mods now support localization; after cooking a mod, create a ‘Localization’ subdirectory inside the mod’s directory in UDKGame\CookedSDK; this should look like the ‘Localization’ directory at UDKGame\Localization, that is, separated into languages (INT being English).

• Code mods now support customized config changes, which will override any existing config settings from any config file. After cooking, create a Default<MODNAME><modname><modname>.ini inside the mod’s directory in UDKGame\CookedSDK.</modname>

• <modname></modname>You can, for instance, have an [AOC.AOCGame] and override DefaultMapPrefixes

</modname>

• Example code mods using the config and localization are coming; keep an eye on http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=203067043&savesuccess=1

• Added ?modname; not working completely, will work better in next CU2P2 build

• Servers can now specify which mod they want to use by including ?modname= <mod>in the map URL in their command line. This will cause that mod’s config file to be loaded. For instance:</mod>

• UDK.exe AOCTO-Frigid_p?modname=instagib
      • Similarly, admins can change to a mod by specifying ?modname in the console, assuming the server has that modadmin servertravel aocto-frigid_p?modname=instagib

• Servers can now specify a limited subset of SDK packages, out of any downloaded, that will be uploaded to connecting users, be permitted for map votes, and will automatically be added to the server’s map list. These packages are still not autodownloaded by the server, you still need to use the WorkshopServerTool before starting the server. This does allow downloading and launching of Workshop items to be scripted though.

• “SDKFileId” uses the ID from the Workshop URL for this item

• “SDKFileName” uses a .cmwsdk file name

• Example:

• UDKLogging.exe AOCTO-Citadel_p -SDKFileId=123434434 -SDKFileName=SDKTest_whatever.cmwsdk
    • Added a GUI-based tool (at Binaries\SDKFrontend) for compiling scripts, cooking scripts/maps, and uploading to the Workshop.

• Documentation is forthcoming.
      • The tool will handle messy things like GUIDs, and includes a feature to import existing Workshop items so one can overwrite them easily without having to know the GUID or anything else (everything is automatically grabbed by the tool).

• This is what we all want to see!

• Code mods! All right!

• AWESOME! Thanks!

• Yes the update we’ve all wanted, Code mods! Along with some much needed polish. Right on, thanks Devs

• Mod

Ty guys, plz go live ASAP with this update!!. New players and old players are going down because bugs or less dev support!.

• Fuck yeah! By far the best update you’ve ever done so far TB. Code support, AND everything else. Absolutely fantastic.

• Finally SDK support.

• Want this to be live sooooo bad

• The sky is now present in TD Battlegrounds

Noooooooooooo!

• Why did you guys completely change 1st person 2handed sword animations, and why is it not in the patch notes?

• Flail first-person animation updated

Flail with heater shield would be awesome with the updated animation :-]

• Mod

Well Nabster I hope you can change the animations back in chiv+, I’m done with chivalry otherwise. The new two handed sword animations are terrible in my opinion.

• Introduced checks to prevent players from entering the Agatha spawn house on the final objective of Darkforest

Players are no longer able to leave the map in the first area of Citadel

0/10 worst patch ever

• 1st person flail animations are backwards. Alt and normal overheads come from the opposite direction of their tracers.

Edit:
    On AOCTD_Darkforrest_XL_p the two large rocks by either side of the Mason spawn’s exit have no collision with players

• The first person anims for the longsword are…odd. Appearing even slower, and just, hmm I dunno how to describe it, I’m sure someone else will notice and post a more detailed analysis. The transition from stab to OH looks so odd as well.

Also crouching now makes the camera move kinda spastically, very disorienting. Only happens with me when I now use a Longsword 1H + shield. Doesn’t happen with 2H LS. The “new” alt OH taken from DW, transitioning into a LMB, shows terrible player clipping btw.

• Nice to see CMW get some attention - thanks!

One question - have you guys looked into fixing the invisible door bug on darkforest? Basically on the last stage of the map, sometimes the doors are invisible to the offense and can not be attacked. I do not know what causes it - but a reconnect seems to fix it.

• Love most of the changes, but I share the opinion that the change to the 1st person animations of many 2h weapons was a mistake. The old animations are of better quality.

Also, for the love of god, slow down the Claymore already. We’re all sick of it. =\

• I’m at work so I can’t see the beta, but what exactly happened to the two handed weapons? Have they lost any time or are the animations just different than before?

• @DokB:

I’m at work so I can’t see the beta, but what exactly happened to the two handed weapons? Have they lost any time or are the animations just different than before?

Same animations as SOW in CDW.