An Idea I'll Get Flamed For

• WEAPON BANS! Now hold your torches and stakes and let me elaborate. I’m not talking about permanent weapon bans, I’m talking something similar to how gods/champions/heroes are banned in MOBA’s.

Let’s say Clan A scrims Clan B. A beats B in the kendo and A picks a map while B picks a side. Now the exact way the weapons are banned are up for grabs because I don’t know myself. We have to take into account archer weapons, secondaries, projectiles, etc. I have some basic ideas that I’d like to share.

A) Each clan gets to ban 1 weapon each.
    B) The clan that wins the kendo gets to ban 2 weapons, while the clan that lost the kendo can only ban 1.
    C) The clan that wins the kendo can ban 1 weapon, while the clan that lost the kendo can not ban any.
    D) The clan that wins the kendo can ban 2 weapons, while the losing clan can’t ban any.
    E) The clan that won the kendo can use their ban(s) to “protect” one weapon from being banned. (a personal idea of mine)

These are just ideas that I’m throwing out. If I don’t get flamed so hard that I have to delete my account out of shame, and if you guys are interested enough, I could make a poll with these options and other ideas you guys come up with.

I feel that being able to ban weapons pre-match will introduce a whole new level of strategy. It could also give lesser-used weapons a chance to shine. (Billhook, Bardiche, Zwei, Falchion etc., all weapons I’ve seen people do very well with that nobody ever uses)

Of course we have to talk about banning archer weapons. Should the archer weapons have immunity, or should they be able to be banned just like other weapons? (I bring this up because the Warbow is literally THE only weapon archers in comp play use, besides rarely the HCB)

If you’re fuming about my idea and feel my limbs should be yanked off by horses, please keep a cool head and TRY to keep the thread clean.

• Ban Warbow. gg

• Just permanently ban claymore, bearded axe, and brandistock. Save everyone the trouble of dealing with this roundabout system.

• I like this. However, when going against someone such as DA I could easily see the brandi being banned every time (sorry Shack). So another idea is that the weapons banned switch between every match in the scrim. So there may be up to 3 matches in LTS if tied, make it to where you switch the weapons banned between rounds.

• I like A and E.

• B)
    /10chars

• Shouldn’t the clan that lost the kendo, if any, get to ban more weapons than the other, since they need more handicap?
    Anyway, I’ve always been isolated from clan battles, and shall remain so. Forgive my useless input.

• @B4RK:

Shouldn’t the clan that lost the kendo, if any, get to ban more weapons than the other, since they need more handicap?
    Anyway, I’ve always been isolated from clan battles, and shall remain so. Forgive my useless input.

You’re the only person here who’s given some actually constructive feedback, thank you.

The team that lost the kendo doesn’t have a handicap, they just didn’t get to pick the map. So no, the team that lost the kendo shouldn’t get more weapon bans than the team that won.

Funny how the only person here who gave some constructive feedback is also the only person who doesn’t even play competitively. -_-

• I think “no bans at all” is a valid answer to the question “in which way should we ban things.”

• @NabsterHax:

I think “no bans at all” is a valid answer to the question “in which way should we ban things.”

I agree 10characters

• I agree man. I mentioned this idea in a previous thread and was hopping it would start a trend. Unfortunately it hasn’t but I still think it has a lot of potential in this already lacking competitive scene.

• I also disagree with any bans whatsoever. Chivalry is not like Dota 2, where there are over 100 heroes. There is a limited selection of weapons and each weapon has a very niche playstyle and place on the battlefield. Sure, there are a few OP weapons (brandistock, holy water on maa, greatsword), a few broken ones that aren’t OP (claymore, bearded axe, fork) but they all are there for a reason and serve their unique purpose. The OP ones should be nerfed of course, but I could never support banning weapons and removing depth from the game. Also, each OP weapon still comes with the weaknesses of the class that uses it and the other weapons that counter it. For example, SoW is a hard brandi counter, broadsword is a holy water counter, and spears are a greatsword counter. No single weapon can decide a match. Any weapon in the hands of skilled player can be extremely effective. And any OP weapon used by someone with less prowess can be useless. Weapons are not the deciding factor in this game. Everything can be countered with skill and knowledge of the weapon’s weakness and the weakness of the class using it.

• I too disagree with banning weapons.
    Mostly because this will just become a way to ruin the other teams tactics. Say for example that you know a certain clan always uses a certain setup consisting of perhaps say… Double messer. Or double spear. Whatever.

You could easily ruin that by winning the kendo/duel and then banning the other teams tactic. So in that sense it wouldn’t make sense to implement it.

• If the game would be balanced for skill, no one were in the need of weapon restrictions.

• @Darenger:

If the game would be balanced for skill, no one were in the need of weapon restrictions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Ah, such constructive feedback. It always amazes me that you guys can continue to complain for such a long period of time. One could think that people would get bored of it at some point… I suppose not. Pretty fun how “game sucks, game is broken, game is unbalanced, game is shit” etc. is supposedly always an argument for any topic around Chivalry.

• Instead of weapon bans i would prefer melee only to become a common thing. (throwables allowed ofc, just no archer)

• Archers are a part of the game and disallowing them would fuck up some defensive play in TO matches. I do agree they shouldn’t be in LTS because that encourages camping but I feel they’re essential in Team Objective. Archers are also great counters to double and triple VG set-ups which can easily wreck a team if not shot at.

• thats just your oppinion tho, melee only is alot more skill based