Official DW Rant Thread

• Wouldn’t it be all so easy if we had one thread with all the rants, instead of multiple?
    I was going to edit my old post’s title, but I couldn’t find it. LOOK! One there already, and I’m not done yet!

I’ve said this before, but it’s so god damn annoying when I can’t type after voting. I said that it occurred when I already was typing, but I noticed that it happens even when I’m not! Please.

Please fix the frickin Knight. His block with the sword looks so stupid, and feels weird. It’s way too confusing to play other classes, then switch to him and have a wonky block…

When I’m selecting a bold text on this forum, type it out, continue without bold and press backspace, it removes the bold. I swear too god, so many annoying things.

In my opinion IMPORTANT. Some attacks don’t make any sense, how does anything touching you with a slow velocity even hurt you? It’s always fast, therefor: Every attack should be changed, so the wind up itself is slow, but the actual swing is fast, since the weapon is heavy to lift up, but swinging it goes fast, and actually hurts.
    GET ME?

• I’m done playing this game until actual game modes are added.

DW is as dead as MW until this is fixed. Which it won’t be.

• It seems like as soon as DW came out they abandoned it so they could try and start fixing MW

• @BB:

I’m done playing this game until actual game modes are added.

DW is as dead as MW until this is fixed. Which it won’t be.

Agree, haven’t played in a couple of weeks now and won’t until there is more to play for. Disappointed.

Additionally my biggest rant is that TBS continue their radio silence in the face of all criticism.

• We should get some kinda petition happening to get rid of pirates and add in something…better (anything is better)

• I wish that the damn crests for the knight get fixed, some of them (Griffin, Chickencrest etc…) when viewed on a shield have pixels and are low resolution. Also, in the beta the knight had a selection of almost all the Agathan helms, I liked the variety and since the knight does not have any other accessories other than helms I think it would compensate for it.

Lastly, the auto-balance system needs work.

• @PooDawg:

We should get some kinda petition happening to get rid of pirates and add in something…better (anything is better)

Well, in most game modes, the one hosting the server can choose whether to allow pirate’s or not, but I don’t think this applies to FFA and team based modes where teams have all classes open.
    I do think though, that they should add the option to disable certain classes.

• @PooDawg:

We should get some kinda petition happening to get rid of pirates and add in something…better (anything is better)

The guns could be skill based, just see my thread on it. It’s up to TB if they want to keep their shitty designs though.

• A HEADBAND. The last viking unlockable. REALLY. Thats my gripe, and that they haven’t really updated it much.

• #rant
    #cdw

• Also how fucking dumb is this new forum? Why did they even change it to something so shitty?

• I noticed that flinching doesn’t work properly.
    A friend of mine hit a Pirate right before he shot, but didn’t flinch one bit.
    I hit a Spartan while he was combo swinging, no flinch there either.
    … Oh, and it got us both killed.

• @BB:

Also how fucking dumb is this new forum? Why did they even change it to something so shitty?

Because Torn Banner.

• @Kewlan:

I noticed that flinching doesn’t work properly.
    A friend of mine hit a Pirate right before he shot, but didn’t flinch one bit.
    I hit a Spartan while he was combo swinging, no flinch there either.
    … Oh, and it got us both killed.

1. You can’t flinch a pirate out of shooting, once he clicks the fuse starts to burn.
    2. You probably hit the Spartan during his release rather than his windup.

• old forum better!

• @Oy:

1. You can’t flinch a pirate out of shooting, once he clicks the fuse starts to burn.
    2. You probably hit the Spartan during his release rather than his windup.

Fair enough about the Spartan, but how does it make sense that you can aim normally when getting hit?

• Why would they add small poles that stick up the ground?
    It’s so incredibly fucking stupid that they added those, it only makes you die for a stupid reason.

I hate that blocking doesn’t reset when you get hit. It’s also stupid. It limits people, and gives a free hit to the enemy. I just played FFA as a ninja and got so many kills thanks to that.

• I find that spamming LMB is too good for how easy it is. So often I find my block > riposte ends in a hit trade, even though I just blocked their attack. This just doesn’t feel right.

I think people need to flinch longer, people can just spam LMB and will always have a block ready if they get parried.

The problems with melee combat above mean that long range weapons are simply great. I might go 8-5 with viking dual wield swords, but why do that when I can go 20-1 with the giant samurai spear and kill people from such a safe distance.

Back before the somewhat recent change to flinch times etc in chivalry (the big patch) I found skillful melee combat very rewarding k/d-wise, but in deadliest warrior trying to fake, or mouse drag is often more detrimental (when you fake the other person is just lmb swinging anyway so you get hit)

• I think people need to flinch longer, people can just spam LMB and will always have a block ready if they get parried.

There’s an issue with always having a block ready if you’re parried? Imo this is intended. I can’t imagine not being able to parry a riposte. It’s already hard enough to parry some ripostes (sword o’ war stab… katana… short thrust animations without many frames)

mouse drag is often more detrimental

I’m perfectly happy with mouse dragging being less prevalent. It’s toxic imo, as new players have no idea what’s going on. It’s also ridiculous to block some weapons like the sarissa coming from your side as you don’t know whether your fancy footwork actually succeeded or if you have to throw a parry for good measure. If weapon dragging was an actual feature that didn’t have wonky animations that didn’t sync well over a network then I’d love it in all situations. As it is it’s bad enough fighting spears in its current state.
    I’ll take emphasis on footwork over emphasis on dragging any day.

imo spears need to be cut down a little, if not just to aid new players in combating them.
    There is currently nothing more annoying then facing an entire team of Sarissa/Halberd/Viking Spear/yari’s.

• Holy fucking shit Torn Banner. Now I’m pissed.
    Why does it take you MONTHS to even fix one little bug, that even brings more bugs to the table.
    I was playing the Ninja, threw a star, and got hit which switched me to my hands, while I originally held the sword. How long has this existed? Since the game got released, and it has yet to be fixed.

Well, after that happened I was going to report it here, but oh! What a surprise! I couldn’t even tab the game down! (I was in Borderless Window/Fullscreen) So I had to quit the game to post here, and then re-start it.

I am utterly disappointed in you.