Any weapon you get owned by is broken apparently.

• I am rank 50, with over 1000 hours played and i can safely say that I’ve never noticed any problem with hit detection or anything of the like. Even when I’m lagging I can clearly see why I got beaten and how i could have handled the fight better. I know my block wasn’t properly aimed or timed. I know my stab was out of range. I see people who find really effective ways of using certain weapons and that’s when the people he owns starts crapping on about how that weapon is broken, OP or whatever.

Pathetic. I’m about to say something extremely controversial which might get this thread locked but WEAPON BALANCE IN THIS GAME IS VERY GOOD. HIT DETECTION WORKS JUST FINE FOR ME. There i said it.

If you can learn to accept that this is a skill-based game some players are more skilled than you should also come to realize that the whole broken weapon argument is really just a miserable excuse for getting owned.

• Bah humbug. Every single time I’ve died is because my opponent used a broken weapon.

• I don’t like how a tiny butterknife can stop a maul

• When is TBS going to get around to nerfing everything that kills me or nerfing anything I don’t like?

• And I’m a rank 54 with 1500+ hours played and I can safely say balance is much worse than it used to be and hit detection continues to worsen with every patch.

• Parrying is not blocking. It’s redirecting the attack. You could parry a maul with a pencil.

• @SOC:

And I’m a rank 54 with 1500+ hours played and I can safely say balance is much worse than it used to be and hit detection continues to worsen with every patch.

Then could you please be more specific and fill me in on what I’m missing?

• @Ready:

Then could you please be more specific and fill me in on what I’m missing?

Allow me to help out. But first, a disclaimer: I love this game.

That said, there are plenty of times when I see my weapon pass right through the middle of someone (straight clipping through their body - no mistake about weapon range etc.) without hitting or even see other people clearly hit me without actually registering a hit on me. These scenarios also happen plenty when blocks and parries are involved. Likewise, along these same lines, there are plenty of times when I perfectly time and aim a parry or block and still get hit, just as my opponents can perfectly block or parry my attacks and I still hit them.

All of these scenarios can and do happen when both parties involved have consistently under 50 ping.

This is just an handful of examples, but if I felt like spending more time (which I do not), I could list others. Still, I really enjoy this game.

• @Ready:

Parrying is not blocking. It’s redirecting the attack. You could parry a maul with a pencil.

Lols I would love to see you try…. Sorry but the OP must have the best PC and internet available and play on his own hosted server. Seriously? You think the game is perfectly balanced and the hit detection is awesome as well? Wow, I got nothing… So I guess the hundreds of threads complaining about swing troughs and complaining about class balance is just noobs complaining?

• Don’t mock Zeus I mean pinhead. He prob spent half of those hours running about as a van pretending to be a helicoptor =p
    The problems mentioned are real Mr pineapple stop fighting bots.

• @HammerSword:

So I guess the hundreds of threads complaining about swing troughs and complaining about class balance is just noobs complaining?

……Yes.

Swing-through might be a problem that I haven’t experienced in almost 1100 hours. But I think the vast majority of the whingers are on the “It killed me so nerf it” bandwagon.

• @loin:

He prob

Making assumptions like that won’t make you come across as being very smart. If you even care.

• There are a few weapons I dislike because they’re simply way to good, the Brandi for example. And then there’s SOW that you can feint way to late. Hatchet + shield is ridicolously fast, if the opponent that you’re gonna block feints simply because if you don’t block during windup you’re gonna get hit. Then there’s Fork and Falchion which are close to useless compared to other weapons. Longbow is my favourite bow, but to take out other archers it’s useless. Point and clicks are in snipers that are unavoidable, except if you have a shiled or if the person is to dumb to aim directly at you. There are other examples as well, like axes and polearms hitting with air because their hitbox is larger than the stick. Some weapons desync a lot faster, such as the messer and hunting knife. But still, even though some weapons are a bit unbalanced it doesn’t mean that the person using them know what he/she’s doing and if the player is good he/she should be able to beat you with any weapon in the arsenal anyway.

• I’m currently experiencing a huge ton of stabs going through my shield. (And I don’t mean drags, I literally mean seeing the tip of someone’s sword through the center of my shield in 1st person and then dying from it)
    But apart from that, the only hit detection issues I’m experiencing are with the small weapons. Daggers are ridiculously difficult to block, and the more I think about it, the more I feel this might be an actual bug. I mean, dagger-users are facehuggers and so you have to rotate 90 degrees in pretty much any direction to parry, but still you can’t block it from time to time.

Also: Falchion.
    I remember seeing a video on how to go about blocking a falchion. To block it, you would have to block at where the tip of a Longsword would be if it weren’t a Falchion.

“Always aim right at the TIP of your enemy’s weapon.”
    ~Captain Neckhole

Fuck you, Captain Neckhole!

• Global Moderator

@HammerSword:

Lols I would love to see you try…. Sorry but the OP must have the best PC and internet available and play on his own hosted server. Seriously? You think the game is perfectly balanced and the hit detection is awesome as well? Wow, I got nothing… So I guess the hundreds of threads complaining about swing troughs and complaining about class balance is just noobs complaining?

Its Because he plays on servers than do not suffer from desync.

It varies server to server. On GON servers it barely happens while on an official or some other server they can happen 5 times a match. I too used to wonder why the hell people were complaining about these missed swings.

Then I started playing on official servers as the ping improved a lot. And then I found the reason why people were complaining.

And loins description of pineapple is exactly what he’s like on servers lol. Not the bots bit. He’s bloody hard to kill.

• I would just like to say that it doesn’t have to be imbalanced to be broken. I personally hate fighting against the sabre now, not because it is impossible to counter (far from it), but simply because unlike most of the other weapons, I have to parry every swing because of its incredibly deceptive reach that makes it nigh-impossible to judge. The sabre stab is by far the most borked looking animation, they seemed to have increased the reach and not lengthen the model, so the hit registers when you can see the full model infront of you. That is broken IMO.

• Global Moderator

@jrmftw:

I would just like to say that it doesn’t have to be imbalanced to be broken. I personally hate fighting against the sabre now, not because it is impossible to counter (far from it), but simply because unlike most of the other weapons, I have to parry every swing because of its incredibly deceptive reach that makes it nigh-impossible to judge. The sabre stab is by far the most borked looking animation, they seemed to have increased the reach and not lengthen the model, so the hit registers when you can see the full model infront of you. That is broken IMO.

When I get stabbed by the sabre I get stabbed by the sabre. Its curved which makes it tricky. Same animation as the short sword.

• I actually think this game plays differently on different machines. It explains why some people say they see no desyncs or glitches and others see heaps. It’s not entirely dependant on how powerful the rig is but more due to combinations of hardware or something. Probably your connection as well. Just a theory but I think there’s a fair bit of evidence to back it up. For example some people with uber-machines get bad FPS but others with average machines get good FPS. Of all the people with 1000s of hours some notice some weirdness, some heaps and some none. Ready is a good player though, better than me I can vouch for that. Though I may be a better player if I didn’t see desyncs and weird stuff as much although I certainly don’t seem to see them as much as other people.

• Global Moderator

So 1Mb/s up and 10Mb/s down means hardly any desyncs? With an i5 3570k, AMD 5670OC-GI and 8GB of RAM.

• @lemonater47:

So 1Mb/s up and 10Mb/s down means hardly any desyncs? With an i5 3570k, AMD 5670OC-GI and 8GB of RAM.

No no no. Nothing means anything. See?