Game Speed after patch

• I know they optimized netcode and whatnot, but does the gamespeed feel ridiculously fast to anyone else?

• I haven’t been able to get into a game because of this black screen bs but if its speed up then maybe they are trying to change it to deadliest warriors combat?

• Everything always seems faster/slower with new updates. Makes me think it’s just in people’s heads but I’ll reserve my judgement for when I get home from work.

• Yeah I know, I’ve been through all of the major overhauls, but still, it feels exactly like DW now. And I don’t like it personally. I preferred that they both had a different feel. I thought the speed of Chivalry was perfect.

Then again, I could just be overreacting, I’ll give it some more time. Just wanted to see if other people noticed it or not. Or if I’m just uber sensitive to small changes, haha.

• I will say that some people are completely desynced now even though their ping is fine. Multiple times today there has been someone on the map who is hitting before they even start to wind up.

• So basically it now feels like everyone is speedhacking lol 0.o
    Nah, but last time this much desync occured the sole reason were outdated servers. I’d give it some more time, maybe find another server, and I’m fairly certain you’ll have less desync.

As for a supposedly small change to the game speed…. hmmm I’d like to see that for myself.
    DAMN YOU WORK, let me play Chivalry!

• @PooDawg:

I haven’t been able to get into a game because of this black screen bs but if its speed up then maybe they are trying to change it to deadliest warriors combat?

Try Changing SHSecondaryLighting and DirectionalLightmaps from false to true in UDKSystemSettings.ini

• Jumped into a few duels once the patch had downloaded, and things definitely felt a little odd. Movement speed seemed a little higher, and overheads have had some frames removed apparently, didn’t flick that far through the patch notes to check it myself though so don’t quote me on it haha. Some weapons seemed a bit reachy too, I was scoring hits when I’d usually be out of range, and vice-versa.

• @LTTLWLF:

Jumped into a few duels once the patch had downloaded, and things definitely felt a little odd. Movement speed seemed a little higher, and overheads have had some frames removed apparently, didn’t flick that far through the patch notes to check it myself though so don’t quote me on it haha. Some weapons seemed a bit reachy too, I was scoring hits when I’d usually be out of range, and vice-versa.

That is basically exactly what I noticed. I am not saying that TB stealth changed anything, but I think the netcode optimizations uninentionally upped the game speed because I could swear that people were moving around faster, and that some overheads (and I don’t mean crouching greatsword lookdowns, I mean normal overheads) literally were instant hits.

We’ll see how it pans out, but I’m glad that I am not the only one who thought that game speed was changed.

• I didn’t feel like the game speed was changed, but it’s definitely a bit smoother. At first I didn’t notice anything because I went around business as usual, but then I ran into a guy with a fork. I watched the fork come at me and was able to parry on time, when once I just had to parry out of reflex based on the windup and a really jerky animation. I’m sure there will still be some annoying stuff at higher pings. I also didn’t witness any look-down overheads, so I’m not able to comment about that.

• Regular speed feels normal. Are bugged vanguard super charge attacks even more ridiculous than before though?

• With the netcode optimizations you’re receiving updates of other players’ movements and what they’re doing at a faster rate. So when someone swings their weapon you’re seeing more pictures between the beginning of their swing and the end of their swing. Effectively you’re getting more FPS on players’ movement. You can have the fastest PC running Chiv at 200 FPS, but if there’s network lag between you and other players their movements will appear laggy because there is less FPS on their movements specifically.

It is known that a higher FPS can have a pseudo effect of making a video appear faster. Remember when The Hobbit came out in HFR (high frame rate) with the film at 40FPS instead of 20? People complained that the HFR felt sped up, and it did because I saw it too. Also, try playing another one of your games where you can limit the frame rate. Try playing it at 30 then at 60, feel the difference?

So if the sped up feeling really bugs you, you can go into your config files and cap the frame rate to 30 fps and it will feel slower.

• @gref:

With the netcode optimizations you’re receiving updates of other players’ movements and what they’re doing at a faster rate. So when someone swings their weapon you’re seeing more pictures between the beginning of their swing and the end of their swing. Effectively you’re getting more FPS on players’ movement. You can have the fastest PC running Chiv at 200 FPS, but if there’s network lag between you and other players their movements will appear laggy because there is less FPS on their movements specifically.

It is known that a higher FPS can have a pseudo effect of making a video appear faster. Remember when The Hobbit came out in HFR (high frame rate) with the film at 40FPS instead of 20? People complained that the HFR felt sped up, and it did because I saw it too. Also, try playing another one of your games where you can limit the frame rate. Try playing it at 30 then at 60, feel the difference?

So if the sped up feeling really bugs you, you can go into your config files and cap the frame rate to 30 fps and it will feel slower.

I’m getting used to it actually, it just feels a whole bit different. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• I was playing against a few MAA last night and they seemed a lot faster and never seemed to run out of stamina. now they are more annoying.

• You’ll find people play a bit better in general as all those people with poor frame rates have suddenly had a significant bump in their FPS, which makes the game far more playable.

• Arena and dark forest have had the biggest frame rate buffs for me. Doubled the frame rate on darkforest.