Added Respawn Time for Team Damage

• I think there should be a threshold team damage % before you are penalized for team damage. Let’s be honest, even in high level matches with people coordinating over TS, there is still accidental team damage. I think it is silly that people are automatically penalized based just on damage incurred. Accidents happen to everyone.

The point of the added respawn time is to discourage griefing and intentional team hitting. However, I think the system would be better implemented if this time was only added IF and only IF a player has greater than some threshold percentage of team damage already. That way, you don’t penalize good, careful players who do their absolute best not to team damage, and you still definitely penalize those who are careless/intentionally hit their teammates.

It seems overly harsh to punish every instance of accidental damage when many times it is completely unintentional and in some cases, unavoidable.

• Yeah the first thing I thought was it should be for TK and not team wounding if it is going to be turned on at all. There are too many kill stealers that hop in the middle of your swing. Then what happens when you are using the catapults? It is bad enough that the camera angle is absolutely shitty so that you really cannot see shit.

• Yeah the threshold idea has some potential, if it were implemented it should be very low: like 5-10%.
    However, I really like the way it is right now. A better option would be give server admin’s the ability to turn it off (they may already be able to) for competitive play.

@SHH_:

It seems overly harsh to punish every instance of accidental damage when many times it is completely unintentional and in some cases, unavoidable.

If it’s unavoidable to damage a team mate then just don’t swing.

@HammerSword:

There are too many kill stealers that hop in the middle of your swing.

This is true, but it is not like they get off Scott free. They take the damage from jumping in front of your swing. If someone does that to me I just hit them and take the penalty. Then I laugh at them when they get killed by an enemy because they are terrible careless players.

@HammerSword:

Then what happens when you are using the catapults? It is bad enough that the camera angle is absolutely shitty

You need to use cues other than what’s visual, it’s part of what makes a skilled catapulter good. Like on Stonehill when Mason is pushing the ram. If you’re Agatha on the cata, look at the objective indicator and see if it is moving. If it’s moving that means more Masons are on it than Agatha, so shoot! If the ram is not moving then that means there’s more Agatha there, don’t shoot! You can do a lot better if you work together with someone, hop on team speak or Skype with a friend and have them relay enemy positions to you.
    WHAT?! TEAMWORK IN A TEAM GAME?!?!
    …. yeah I know it’s mind boggling.

• 1sec for 20dmg?
    I think the penalty is just a little too high. Accidently hitting a mate and you get 2-3secs added.

I think 1sec for 30dmg f.e. would fit more.

• @gref:

Yeah the threshold idea has some potential, if it were implemented it should be very low: like 5-10%.
    However, I really like the way it is right now. A better option would be give server admin’s the ability to turn it off (they may already be able to) for competitive play.

If it’s unavoidable to damage a team mate then just don’t swing.

There are times when it is unavoidable. Like say your teammate kills an enemy you were both attacking, and you are past the feint window and you still hit them despite trying to drag it out of the way.

Or when you are fighting in close quarters around walls and such, sometimes it is unavoidable.

Or if someone rushes in to help you kill someone, and you accidentally hit them.

I think if the threshold were low enough, it would still accomplish the goals of the system while not annoying good players.

• The team damage per second is something that can be changed in the future if the community finds that the ratio right now is not working.

Look at the bright side, all the new players that swing like crazy without care for teammates will basically be put in a “penalty box” for most of the game. :P

• This sounds like a really bad idea. It’s nice that you want to punish griefers but this means you can’t defend yourself against a teammate attacking you.

• Is this a cvar? I’m pretty sure I don’t want this in scrims :P

• It discourages carelessness as well. Many players don’t actually give a shy about team mates when attacking enemies. While they won’t deliberately attack team mates they will swing like crazy to get the kill.

• the peasants… the peasants…

there should definitely be a maximum amount though, you can go on forever by attacking peasants as agatha on stoneshill and rack up like 20 minutes or more, basically ending the game for you.

• @Keith:

The team damage per second is something that can be changed in the future if the community finds that the ratio right now is not working.

Look at the bright side, all the new players that swing like crazy without care for teammates will basically be put in a “penalty box” for most of the game. :P

Yeah I like the new system and the patch alot now that I have adjusted. However, I think having the penalty set for strictly points of damage is mildly annoying. It would be better suited if there was some threshold percentage you had to be above before you were penalized in my opinion.

• @50ShadesofClay:

the peasants… the peasants…
    there should definitely be a maximum amount though, you can go on forever by attacking peasants as agatha on stoneshill and rack up like 20 minutes or more, basically ending the game for you.

They patched that and they even mentioned it in the patch notes…… This forum needs a face palm smiley.

• Eat shit vanguards

• @50ShadesofClay:

the peasants… the peasants…there should definitely be a maximum amount though, you can go on forever by attacking peasants as agatha on stoneshill and rack up like 20 minutes or more, basically ending the game for you.

Are you certain Clay? This was suppose to be fixed in the beta.

• @50ShadesofClay:

the peasants… the peasants…

I don’t think peasants count as TK damage anymore.

• This is just the wrong way to go about it. Just stupid an annoying. Why not have a TK counter and a kick after like 6 TKs? You could do the same with team wounding that forces a 10 sec spawn time when a certain percentage has reached. Currently this is a dumb idea for all reasons already stated.

• @HammerSword:

This is just the wrong way to go about it. Just stupid an annoying. Why not have a TK counter and a kick after like 6 TKs? You could do the same with team wounding that forces a 10 sec spawn time when a certain percentage has reached. Currently this is a dumb idea for all reasons already stated.

Heard of the catapult?

• @lemonater47:

Heard of the catapult?

Thanks for your worthless and irrelevant reply. At least your post count has increased!

• @HammerSword:

Thanks for your worthless and irrelevant reply. At least your post count has increased!

Did Greg get banned or something and make a new account? I mean this guy is exactly like him. Going off topic completely just to bitch at me about post count again.

I mean the catapult is completely relevant. Do I have to fully explain it to you. I would have thought you would have the intellectual power to see why the catapult is relevant. You get a lot of Tks with it. So anyone who uses the catapult if they had a kick after a number of Tks would be kicked.

• HammerSword, please do not go off topic.

If you have a problem with Lemon’s post count, please message him privately.

Also Lemon, he isn’t Greg, there’s just quite a few people that feel that way.