The game seems to crash at startup

• ahhhhhhhhhh
    after patch , keep crasshinnngggg at startup
    i don’t know how to solve this :c
    please fix this

• yep getting this too

torn banner need to actually start listening to the community to fix their broken game

• @Enigma:

yep getting this too

torn banner need to actually start listening to the community to fix their broken game

They did listen and they did try to fix their game.

That’s the problem.

• @lemonater47:

They did listen and they did try to fix their game.

That’s the problem.

Quite the contradiction there Lemon. You always complain about things needed to be fix or what Torn Banner needs to do. Now that they attempt it, you complain some more. I guess some people will never be satisfied.

As for the crashes, if you are having one, you can try to verify the game files again. It might fix whatever the patch caused. Unfortunately when trying to fix a bunch of bugs, it may create new ones so it looks like some people are unable to start up the game. Hopefully the problem will resolve itself for you or Torn Banner quickly releases a fix.

• @Keith:

Quite the contradiction there Lemon. You always complain about things needed to be fix or what Torn Banner needs to do. Now that they attempt it, you complain some more. I guess some people will never be satisfied.

As for the crashes, if you are having one, you can try to verify the game files again. It might fix whatever the patch caused. Unfortunately when trying to fix a bunch of bugs, it may create new ones so it looks like some people are unable to start up the game. Hopefully the problem will resolve itself for you or Torn Banner quickly releases a fix.

I didnt say say I didn’t like them pathing it but the reason for the game not working now is becuase they patched. So I’m right in saying that’s its the problem. He’s telling torn banner to listen to us and fix the game. They are doing that.

This issue is highly unlikely to fix itself and everyone has already tried a variety of “fixes” to no avail. And torn banner’s difinition of the words “quickly” and “soon” isn’t the sales as everyone else’s definition of the words.

Look at the facts and their past reputation. It doesn’t look at all too promising.

• You know I kinda gotta agree with Lemon here.
    Seems a bit silly to me, talking about fixes everyone already tried for a bug that should never have been released in the first place.
    Some graphical glitches are OK for an individual to attempt to fix, startup crashes that happen to many players is an entirely different case that should be fixed by the developer.

Oh, and the forums are still messing up my posts into plain textpiles. How are you guys getting blank lines without having to ‘Edit post’ 4-5 times in hopes of it fixing itself? (Sorta off-topic, but I’m just curious)

• I push enter and it works.

Using safari. And my mobile which is also safari.

Although on my phone it doesn’t auto capitalise when I go to a new line which is strange.

• @Keith:

i tried to verify the game. but nothing changed :c

• @Keith:

Verifying the game does not solve the problem. It’s on torn banner’s half.

• @Enigma:

Verifying the game does not solve the problem. It’s on torn banner’s half.

neeeoooooooooo

• I am also suffering from black screen.
    It’ll crash immediately if DynamicShadows=True. If that is disabled I can get to the main (black) menu, but it crashes if I go to customization or load a map. If you disable your shadows you may find you are also in the black screen boat.

• @dudeface:

I am also suffering from black screen.
    It’ll crash immediately if DynamicShadows=True. If that is disabled I can get to the main (black) menu, but it crashes if I go to customization or load a map. If you disable your shadows you may find you are also in the black screen boat.

how to change Dynamicshadows ???

• If you used Retsnom’s INI tweaks or made any INI changes. Delete those INI files and verify integrity of game cache to reacquire the default INI files. Those should be UDKEngine.ini and UDKSystemSettings.ini

• I had this problem too. All I did was delete all of the maps I had in my CookedSDK as well as the CMWSDK files in the __CMWSDKFiles folder and then it ran fine.

• @Dakoruz:

I had this problem too. All I did was delete all of the maps I had in my CookedSDK as well as the CMWSDK files in the __CMWSDKFiles folder and then it ran fine.

See my fix does work.

• Today my chivalry crashed ingame, and while I tried to close it somehow (I often try to log off, fucking bullshit taskmanager in windows 8 is fucking useless for crashed games, it never shows up), my computer slowed down very much.
    And then the weirdest thing ever happened, my boxes played some kind of morsecode O.o
    I know, sounds like a virus. But after successfully closing CMW, it was gone.

• That’s windows 8. The sound freaks out when games crash, freeze or lags hard.