Increased desyncs after the most recent patch?

• Something I’d never noticed happening until this most recent patch, these bs occurrences happened to me more than a handful of times in a short period of time. There were many times where I would say “wtf I still had plenty of time to block that” and yet it hit me while they were still clearly in windup. Anybody have any insight on what could’ve changed this, and are you guys experiencing increased desyncs as a result of this patch? All pings from people that I’ve experienced this from where ~50-70 including myself. A dev response would be nice.

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDGTqK1ycRc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJnCpidFVmU

• It could possibly be a desync issue, or it could just be a hard mouse drag. If someone looks down and crouches mid downswing the sword goes from sky high to the ground instantaneously.

• @gref:

It could possibly be a desync issue, or it could just be a hard mouse drag. If someone looks down and crouches mid downswing the sword goes from sky high to the ground instantaneously.

Did you see the vids I posted? Went frame by frame, and got hit in one vid before it was close to connecting with me, and the other where he was still very obviously in windup, I dunno man…this just screams desync error to me.

• They made the death cam 3rd person???

What the hell are they doing.

• The first one was a bit sketchy but I reckon you may have gotten smashed by the boulder in that second video? Unless you were referring to the boulder desyncing because it seemed like it still had a few feet to go.

Both seemed 90% legit to me

• @KevLar:

The first one was a bit sketchy but I reckon you may have gotten smashed by the boulder in that second video? Unless you were referring to the boulder desyncing because it seemed like it still had a few feet to go.

Put your glasses on and look at the killfeed. You can see what he got killed by.

Really looks like lag to me. Which is technically desynced as that word has such a broad meaning.

the frequency of them happening hasn’t increased. Never does. The problem just doesn’t go away.

• I noticed a lot of desync on 64 man servers, but thats to be expected I believe it was the same way before the patch.

• @lemonater47:

Put your glasses on and look at the killfeed. You can see what he got killed by.

Really looks like lag to me. Which is technically desynced as that word has such a broad meaning.

the frequency of them happening hasn’t increased. Never does. The problem just doesn’t go away.

Lag with both people ~50 ping? You may say the frequency hasn’t increased, but in the span of 30 mins, this happened to me 6+ times with all different people. Before the patch there was never, NEVER such a time where I would frequently say WTF just happened. For me at least, the prevalence of these desyncs shot up sky high after this latest patch.

In the patch notes it says "

• Networking optimizations to improve performance"

Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Will do some more extensive testing today and see how many times it occurs for me…

@KevLar:

The first one was a bit sketchy but I reckon you may have gotten smashed by the boulder in that second video? Unless you were referring to the boulder desyncing because it seemed like it still had a few feet to go.

Hm I don’t understand how you could say they’re 90% legit. Look again, the first one, I was dead before it even touched me. I hadn’t even begun to block because the game appeared as if I had more time to, but I was dead prematurely. The second one, you can see the guys sword still very cleary in his OH, even after my screen turned blue from death(look at killfeed, the boulder didn’t kill me, the guy in windup did). You can even see his sword then finally begin its descent and actually touch me, long after I was dead from his windup.

• @venomblade:

Hm I don’t understand how you could say they’re 90% legit. Look again, the first one, I was dead before it even touched me. I hadn’t even begun to block because the game appeared as if I had more time to, but I was dead prematurely. The second one, you can see the guys sword still very cleary in his OH, even after my screen turned blue from death(look at killfeed, the boulder didn’t kill me, the guy in windup did). You can even see his sword then finally begin its descent and actually touch me, long after I was dead from his windup.

My bad, I didn’t see the killfeed. That one with the vanguard was def messed up bc your parry was clearly up. I guess the one with the bearded axe seemed kinda legit because I noticed those types of attacks landing pre-patch. But it is slightly off on the animations syncing up.

I have now gotten an actual opportunity to play the new patch and the netcode is **Horrible
    So much teleporting and desyncs it is absolutely frustrating

• @KevLar:

My bad, I didn’t see the killfeed. That one with the vanguard was def messed up bc your parry was clearly up. I guess the one with the bearded axe seemed kinda legit because I noticed those types of attacks landing pre-patch. But it is slightly off on the animations syncing up.

I have now gotten an actual opportunity to play the new patch and the netcode is **Horrible
    So much teleporting and desyncs it is absolutely frustrating

Yea, the bearded axe has been wonky as of recent, that death just kinda made me fiercly double take. Played a bit more today, only had similar occurrences happen to me three times, but still something is very wrong and I hope TBS has the abilities to fix it, not holding my breath though.

• Getting hit before the animation has fully played out, or before the release of the weapon has even reached you (even when both players have stable ping). That’s desync like you said. My only explanation for it happening a lot more recently would be a much larger influx of players from recent patch which you always get with new updates. I’ve also noticed that desync happens a shit load more on Official Servers, were you playing on those by any chance?

• @DokB:

Getting hit before the animation has fully played out, or before the release of the weapon has even reached you (even when both players have stable ping). That’s desync like you said. My only explanation for it happening a lot more recently would be a much larger influx of players from recent patch which you always get with new updates. I’ve also noticed that desync happens a shit load more on Official Servers, were you playing on those by any chance?

In the first vid with the bearded axe that indeed was on an official serv, the one with the vanguard, couldn’t tell ya with certainty.

• A more interesting question is what is his frame rate and ping since both are related. If he is in heavy combat and only producing 30 FPS with a ping of 80ish+ then that might explain what is in the video. But that aside I noticed last night a guy with a double axe that was making shit tons of kills and when I went up against him, I was killed when the axe was in the drawback, behind his back. I was facing him. Weirdest thing I have seen in quite a while.

• I’ve been noticing this a lot as well, and I’m getting a lot more no-swing hits (stared to death). The claymore is silly stupid with this, and I’ve been hit in what I thought was windup a lot with that weapon as well. I’ve always hated the claymore since that one patch, though.

• I’d say the biggest culprit with desyncing animations are the following weapons (from personal experience): Claymore, Zwei, Bearded Axe.

I don’t know why but 2 handed weapons always seem to have that weird factor with them where their animations are never quite right.