Please respect our catapult users.

• I’ve experienced this already multiple times. You can bash the whole enemy team with a catapult and get dozens of kills. As soon as there appears to be one single teamkill, you’re gonna get flames, tk’d and kicked afterwards.

So please, dear Chivalry players. Be kind to our catapult users and don’t fall into blind rage. Thank you.

• I just think it’s getting annoying when people think that they are actually helping the team when they kill just as many mates as enemies, And in the attacking team it’s worse getting TKd cause the spawn is far more away from the objective

• @afiNity:

I just think it’s getting annoying when people think that they are actually helping the team when they kill just as many mates as enemies, And in the attacking team it’s worse getting TKd cause the spawn is far more away from the objective

Sure but I experienced the statement above with an enemy-/teammate kill ratio of about 10:1 (Not only once)

• Most of the time I see anyone use the catapult, they end up killing more teammates than enemies. Only this one time in TO Stoneshill, there was this pro catapult guy who kept getting triple kills. I guess he knew where to aim.

If I get TK’d by a catapult I usually just go destroy their catapult as a display of my gratitude. To which, in return, they end up attacking me in a blind rage and I have to put them down. And then I get voted kick on. It respawns in like five seconds…

• There are very few places that the catapult is actually useful. Stoneshill is the worst, because people will continue lobbing down the middle long after the cart is beyond range. If someone is doing that, I kick them and spam NO!

• @BillDoor:

There are very few places that the catapult is actually useful. Stoneshill is the worst, because people will continue lobbing down the middle long after the cart is beyond range. If someone is doing that, I kick them and spam NO!

After the cart is pushed u can still shoot to the left on offense to kill the enemy or down the middle after you see your team got slaughtered. To the right if your a defender and down the middle if your team gets slaughtered.

• Haha yeah this has always happened even in closed beta. I find it really funny.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

After the cart is pushed u can still shoot to the left on offense to kill the enemy or down the middle after you see your team got slaughtered. To the right if your a defender and down the middle if your team gets slaughtered.

Yeah, these are the catapulters I don’t bother - because they have a clue. I saw a catapulter with a clue once. I think it was a thursday.

• #TeamCatapult

• I was a master at the catapult in Age of Chivalry because of how it aimed and reloaded. I could drop a catapult round in a window half way across the map. You could also fight while adjusting it. The current catapults are horrible, mechanically speaking. They easily desync both visual and audio. You cannot rely on anything in regards to timing or accuracy. Then you have the camera position where you cannot see anything because the main cross bar obscures your view. The catapults are a great example of making something worse in the transition from AOC to Chiv. Dont know whos bright idea it was to make a radical change from AOC to Chiv but it is not an improvement in anyway. Now since the patch you get punished for team wounding…… yeah

• i like to use the cata.

i’m okay with it, usually more enemy than team… there are times when i can really do work with it. Should really just attack spawns with it, i’m pretty darn good with the distances and aim on battlegrounds though. Stoneshill i just hit the left side of the cart and dont really use it until the ram is all the way there or at least the bridge. Darkforest i just use it mostly for the middle fence part and for archers above A rock.

• Guy on cata: “I am 10 and 1 on the cata, I am so amazing, don’t try to tk me”

Me: “Your score is -50”

Guy on cata: “Yeah but I’m 10 and 1”

Me: Tks guy on cata

• catapult in chivalry is IQ test.

what a dumb catapultman do ?
    he sees big sign “PUSH” and starts shooting this sign.
    because he is noob rocks fall on the straight line between the catapult and objective killing attacking teammates.
    Gosh, I even saw 38 lvl dumb ass doing that !

when I see them shooting the objective and killing teammates - test not passed, I immediately start votekicking.

• Global Moderator

Use your words. Yell at the fool. Don’t be childish and start hitting him and don’t be a dick and kick him.

Tell him its a stupid idea to aim at the cart.

• Not all of us can admin-kick someone who doesn’t listen or who has chat hidden. Or would use that power, not that I’m implying anything. If someone is team-killing using a catapult his teammates can certainly kick him to stop it.

• @lemonater47:

Use your words. Yell at the fool. Don’t be childish and start hitting him and don’t be a dick and kick him.

Tell him its a stupid idea to aim at the cart.

Yeah I’m curious do you really think that’s going to work? I guess you don’t play on NA servers, so I’ll not be a total sarcastic douche… but that won’t work for us over here. Then they WILL start to aim for the team.

• If the catapult user gets 4 (or set X amount) teamkills or more, what if they were locked out of the catapult for X amount of time?

For a bonus, if they tried to use it again, they take damage like when you try to use the weapons from the market stall in the Tavern map? Something about getting damaged by a nasty splinter or something. Of course this could be a server extension and disabled by admin.

• Global Moderator

@quigleyer:

Yeah I’m curious do you really think that’s going to work? I guess you don’t play on NA servers, so I’ll not be a total sarcastic douche… but that won’t work for us over here. Then they WILL start to aim for the team.

So you saying all North Americans are arseholes? There’s probably some Canadians on NA servers somewhere.

Try and talk to them first.

If that doesn’t work and they deliberately start teamkilling with it the they are actually breaking a server rule by deliberately teamkilling then you votekick them.

Being stupid isn’t against the rules on most servers. Deliberately teamkilling on the other hand is.

• @lemonater47:

So you saying all North Americans are arseholes? There’s probably some Canadians on NA servers somewhere.

Try and talk to them first.

I’m saying that the people who play on NA servers have a very high chance of being assholes. If Canadians are playing this game on NA servers it’s entirely possible they’re included. I’m not using stereotypes against USA dwellers as the basis for my statement, I’m using personal experience… and that experience has taught me this, among many other things.

The rules don’t apply when there aren’t people to enforce the rules. Catapults don’t rack up team damage, and people apparently don’t look at the killfeed a good amount of time to realize what’s going on. If you can’t admin kick someone and you can’t get them vote-kicked, but they still persist in their behavior, what do you do?

• Well, we don’t have a handy field of sheep for ‘relaxing’.