A Better Way To Unlock Weapons?

• I think that the way weapons are unlocked is a bit too simplistic and you unlock them all too fast with the current system (I’m sorry if you’ve mentioned that this isn’t permanent). I think that having to complete a challenge with each weapon to unlock the next will give the game a little bit more depth… say for example;

a javelin might be; kill someone with melee and another with ranged in one life.

a double-axe might be; decapitate 5 people (not in one life, in total)

a longsword might be; deliver a finishing blow with each of your three attacks in one life.

I think this would be more fun and would definitely give more longevity and a little more depth to the game. I mean sure it’ll be a pain trying to think of challenges for all of the weapons but it’ll be worth it

• @TheCheekyTree:

I think that the way weapons are unlocked is a bit too simplistic and you unlock them all too fast with the current system (I’m sorry if you’ve mentioned that this isn’t permanent). I think that having to complete a challenge with each weapon to unlock the next will give the game a little bit more depth… say for example;

a javelin might be; kill someone with melee and another with ranged in one life.

a longsword might be; deliver a finishing blow with each of your three attacks in one life.

I think this would be more fun and would definitely give more longevity and a little more depth to the game. I mean sure it’ll be a pain trying to think of challenges for all of the weapons but it’ll be worth it

The unlocks will reset when the beta is over. Also the limits now are 10 + 10 kills. When it should be 50 + 50 or something along the lines. 50 kills to unlock second tier, 50 more to unlock third.

• that still seems like a bit of a boring way to unlock a weapon if you ask me… it’ll feel like a grind

• @sadnhappy:

@TheCheekyTree:

I think that the way weapons are unlocked is a bit too simplistic and you unlock them all too fast with the current system (I’m sorry if you’ve mentioned that this isn’t permanent). I think that having to complete a challenge with each weapon to unlock the next will give the game a little bit more depth… say for example;

Should atleast be around 150, doesn’t take too much time to get 50 kills, that’s about a few matches, depending on your skill level. Also, if you for example so badly want to get that zweihander, its kinda good that you have to grind through greatsword and claymore, thus you’ll learn how to fight well with those, instead of having alot of different weapon options thrown right at you.
    The unlocks will reset when the beta is over. Also the limits now are 10 + 10 kills. When it should be 50 + 50 or something along the lines. 50 kills to unlock second tier, 50 more to unlock third.

• The developers have said it is intentional that all casual players will unlock all weapons in 2 weeks, that’s casual, if you play hardcore, alot sooner.

It is not intended to be a reward, or hard to get. They are intended to be given to you when you are deemed ready to use them. They are not better, they do not replace any weapon, they all fit a specialized role.

None of the things you suggested would make it a better, or funner game.

• I got the inspiration from Battlefield 3 and how they do it with their special weapons. I quite liked how they pushed the boat out with it and challenged players do other things instead of just straight up killing people to unlock them. I’m not saying that the progression shouldn’t be linear or hard (which it seems like some of you think I mean), I’m saying why not add other things to the mix other than straight up kills? If you don’t find that fun then fair enough

• It can be fun.

But you don’t get understand; this is not that type of game. It doesn’t work with this type of game.

• There is actually now a BUG with the weapon unlock. If you unlock one weapon at a map, it won’t transfer itself to the next map :o Some new players are complaining about this and I noticed it myself too. :?

• Personally I think the weapon unlocks will help new players not get overwhelmed with the amount of weapons there are to choose from. With the tier unlock system it forces a player to use weapons they might not have tried simply to unlock the next tier to try.

• @gB:

Personally I think the weapon unlocks will help new players not get overwhelmed with the amount of weapons there are to choose from. With the tier unlock system it forces a player to use weapons they might not have tried simply to unlock the next tier to try.

Good to know that I’m not the only one with that opinion :)

• @gB:

Personally I think the weapon unlocks will help new players not get overwhelmed with the amount of weapons there are to choose from. With the tier unlock system it forces a player to use weapons they might not have tried simply to unlock the next tier to try.

^

That’s pretty much it.

By the way, it was originally going to be 50 for the first unlock in a set, 100 for the second (150 total; 450 for all primaries of a class; 2100 kills to unlock all weapons including secondaries) and I can only assume it will be that way on release. I think that’s already pretty high. Any more and it would feel like a grind. Especially if you want that thrusting dagger; 150 dagger kills is harder than you think.