Soo about that optimization

• i have lower average fps then before on battlegrounds

usually i had always constant 120 fps, even with 32 players, now i drop to 90 at some points

mind explaining that TBS?

• Shouldn’t 90 be just fine? The best I can get is 60 on low settings and even then it’s like to drop below 30 at times.

With that said, I’ve seen a lot of textureless (black) trees after the new update. Optimization.

• There are many missing textures, also on Moor for example

• What I fear the most however, is that the bugs caused by this update(mainly the textureless meshes) are here to stay for quite some time before a hotfix finally comes live.You know, the Torn Banner Guarantee.

• Am I the only one having issues with the loading screen. After a map is over it just freezes. It doesn’t load a new map. I can still here the music and sounds though. Only restarting the game works so far. Any ideas lads? :(

• delete your configs adn let the game redownload them, i had the same problem jumpman

• @afiNity:

There are many missing textures, also on Moor for example

Screenshot?

• dude are you kidding me… I play on a constant of 20 and below FPS. on a good day i get 30. Be happy with what you got kid

• It’s certainly improved my FPS. I’m able to play with shadows on now with 45-60 FPS.

• most of my fps is improved aswell, but battlegrounds (looking towards agatha spawn) drops my fps kinda

• @CRUSHED:

most of my fps is improved aswell, but battlegrounds (looking towards agatha spawn) drops my fps kinda

Yes I’ve had this exact issue, it’s been around since release for me though. This picture shows my GPU frame times (the amount of time taken for the GPU to render the image) doubling, they are usually around 11ms. Turning graphics settings down barely helps, and it’s not my CPU because the game time is low.

And it is not that my GPU isn’t powerful enough because each GPU is only at about 50%. Why doesn’t chiv just use more GPU power and reduce the GPU frame times? It makes ZERO sense.

• i swear i always had 120 fps constant on battlegrounds (need em for 120hz)

so , i think it came with the latest patch

my suggestion would be to tone down those smoke particles a bit.

• i was mostly getting 120fps constantly but now i am usually around 90 as well.

• God forbid you drop to just 90 fps. Where do I put my donations!

• You have to edit the ini to get 120 FPS again. It’s capped at 90 by default.

• i know, i’ve done the edit again but i’m capped at 90, must have done something wrong. I was getting 120 constant beforehand with the edit, but now 90. Sir pink was getting 90 as well but we got him up to i think 120 now or at least to 100-110. I’ll have another look at it.

I’m pretty sure i have it exactly the same as before though.

and flip, from 60-120 is game changing man… game changing… that’s why even 90-120 is a HUGE difference.

• Global Moderator

You are complaining about only getting 90FPS?

Some people don’t know how good they got it.

And no 90-120 is not a huge different. Its different enough for people to notice its different. But people struggled to guess correctly which one had the higher frame rate which was interesting. FPS counters ruin your game experience people.

• @lemonater47:

You are complaining about only getting 90FPS? Some people don’t know how good they got it. And no 90-120 is not a huge different. Its different enough for people to notice its different. But people struggled to guess correctly which one had the higher frame rate which was interesting. FPS counters ruin your game experience people.

Actually you are incredibly wrong. Consider the amount of time it takes to render a swing or even a feint. The more FPS you have the more information you get in the same second the better. At 120 fps, you have double the amount of frames that a player with 60 fps does to render what is happening and have 30 additional frames from a player with 90 fps. If you have played at 30 fps you already know how much you miss not to mention additional stuttering and tearing. So a lot can happen in 30 frames.

To those that had a frame rate drop, just go into the UDKEngine.ini and edit your settings. bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE - if you change this to false, your PC will produce its max amount MinSmoothedFrameRate=22
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120 - By changing this to 120 this should open it back up if bsmoothframerate is set to true

Granted, online frame rates for UDK are supposedly capped at 90 but I think that the bsmoothframerate=false negates this.

• Global Moderator

I said 90 and 120

Everyone noticed the difference and could tell which was 60 and which was 120. Its such a big difference and at 60 you can almost notice individual frames.

• @lemonater47:

I said 90 and 120 Everyone noticed the difference and could tell which was 60 and which was 120. Its such a big difference and at 60 you can almost notice individual frames.

Can you not read? I already commented on the difference between 90 and 120. A lot can happen in 30 frames a second. Clearly you cannot tell the difference if you are even capable of producing 120+ fps. But hey your post count went up again!