Chivalry has so much potential, but they didnt exploit it -.-

• We should purchase exp increases as well, so we can rank up faster…
    That’ll teach them players who spent hundreds if not thousands of hours playing the game.

That was sarcasm to those who do not understand, which sadly is a lot of people these days.

• this is what mod support / sdk / workshop is doing for the game. There was already a server with increased speed, and i also saw a server called instagib recently where basically any attack or damage you take instantly kills you (dismemberment included) and shields don’t block projectiles either. Go have fun with your archer in there where not even shields will stop your mighty arrows.

Also i have friends that are making models for swords and shit for this game, eventually i’m sure ppl can make armors and stuff too and perhaps other customizations.

I don’t mind the free weekends because of all the new players it brings, but making the whole game with a free to play model would be terrible.

• Global Moderator

Armors?

The bad English is spreading. And now its in the dictionary.

These Europeans ruining English.

• BillDoor > So say we all.Your a Cylon Bill I knew it all along!

What is this Cod thing? It keeps popping up .The fact is the op is entitled to his opinion as consumer who purchased this game.If they get away with it soon the Game makers will not even allow you to own a physical copy of a game or even transfer the licence to your next of kin on death as that is happening now in the movie sites.You have to decide what side your on , you can not be a consumer and a producer and sit on fences as it suits you mr lemon.people do make spelling errors so what? If you can’t find fault in a post its not nice to then look for spelling errors to drag them down satisfy some sort of glass house mentality. People do make mistakes esp the old slobs (me).

• @lemonater47:

Armors?

The bad English is spreading. And now its in the dictionary.

These Europeans ruining English.

same thing with favorite and favourite

we spell things differently.

• Global Moderator

I was talking about the “s”. Armor/armour used to be like sheep. You don’t says sheeps. Armours was a word but it was old English and had another meaning. English second language people who are usually very good at English made this mistake. Then there’s the Internet. And since you don’t specifically go over the word armor at school at all or I’d imagine not wen you learn English either.

But now it is a word in English because there wasn’t enough grammar nazis around when English first language people started saying it. Lots of armor used to be correct. Now its lots of armors. Then again English doesn’t make sense. So for nearly all other laugh ages armors makes more sense than armor. So really they aren’t ruining English just making English make more sense.

ANYWAY. Back on topic. Not that this thread was on topic anyway talking about Cod players.

• Lemon, that’s twice this topic that you derailed it.

Also, not everyone speaks English as their first language. So there’s no point in correcting people, especially when it seems that you, yourself don’t seem to have a firm grasp either.

Lets all try to keep it on topic. Thank you. :)

• Global Moderator

How did I derail it the first time.

• Your very first post, which had really no connection to OP’s post. Given that there is a certain stigma around COD players, you tried to degrade him by saying his advice is only from a COD player’s point of view without really addressing anything at all.

If you did actually look at the post, you’d see that he thinks that CMW should go free to play with the option of buying customization features. That idea is not related to COD. The second part, where he said there should be different types of modes that change up the style and he used COD as an example, which he could have used any game that has a mode like that really. That is not him saying that CMW needs to be like COD, simply have a mode that is different the normal play. Which I actually agree with. I think it’d be great to have modes where everyone has javelins at 200% speed or after every death you switch to a random class.

• Global Moderator

Hey, he called himself a Cod player and he acted just like the stereotype. I’m afraid he ain’t doing justice to the rest of the Cod players. And I’m not the only one. I’m just the first. And come on. The way I put it was’t a simple “screw you to back to cod”. As then you are just as bad or worse. Merely an observation as it was advice from a cod player that’s fact. Flippy on the other hand…

And like everyone already said. All that he wants is already available in the game.

• @lemonater47:

Hey, he called himself a Cod player and he acted just like the stereotype. I’m afraid he ain’t doing justice to the rest of the Cod players. And I’m not the only one. I’m just the first. And come on. The way I put it was’t a simple “screw you to back to cod”. As then you are just as bad or worse. Merely an observation as it was advice from a cod player that’s fact. Flippy on the other hand…

And like everyone already said. All that he wants is already available in the game.

He did not call himself a COD player, nor did he act like any stereotype. Also, because you went ahead and made your post, you derailed it, which also gave others fodder. Also, you still did not post anything relevant to his post. I have nothing else to say about that because as I have said before, please do not derail the topic.

Thank you. :)

• @Keith:

He did not call himself a COD player, nor did he act like any stereotype. Also, because you went ahead and made your post, you derailed it, which also gave others fodder. Also, you still did not post anything relevant to his post. I have nothing else to say about that because as I have said before, please do not derail the topic.

Thank you. :)

Eh, Keith he’s got a point. Just because he’s the first doesn’t mean he inspired all of us to insult the OP as well. Even if Lemon did make an on topic post I still would’ve said what I said.

Moderator Edit: Not at all if you really looked into what he was saying. Also regardless, going off topic and trying to “insult” someone is breaking forum rules.

• Back on topic,
    I get what this guy is saying.
    I love the customisation thus far, but it would be great to see an extra option along the lines of:
    Being able to paint your weapons, for example, with a fixed colour pallet. So you can use brown, grey, silver, colours to mod your weapo, such as how the metal looks or perhaps if you have a bastard sword you could paint some leather strapping above the hand guard on the blade, or paint some blood grooves on your sword/blade etc etc.
    Or maybe the public could submit textures to be added as a custom option that players can select if TBS choose to add it to the game.
    That way you could have some more custom skins for various weapons, armour, shields etc etc.

One thing which TBS could do is add optional free flying leather or cloth strapping to the pommel of a weapon/sword which players could customise the colouring of.
    Or have a flag on polearms that players can customise the colour of including their ‘customisation emblem’.
    Or having optional lanyards or cloth/ribon on the pauldron of a knight.

I think it’d be especially cool if van gaurds could have their pole arms carry the team colours on a flag.

Another cool idea would be if you had some NPC minstrels or squires that just mill about near the spawn point yelling encouragement. That would:
    -add to the ‘epicness’ of the atmosphere,
    -add to the significance of ‘defeat’, or being over run (image of your mistrals being dissembled/ smote to the ground)
    -increase the care factor of the team that is losing and increase the enjoyment of the team that is winning.

Little things like that could really add to the game.

• ^ This would be pretty neat.

Also perhaps adding interchangeable armour pieces, like engraved/enameled/studded plate for pauldrons etc on the knight, scale/leather/chainmail for the armour under the vanguards surcoat etc. Also even bring across some of the small detail items they have in the customisation options for DW (Horns etc).

Sure it might add to the whining we got when they introduced customisation of colours, but people get used to it.